• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Emerald Team (Currently facing the Elite Four)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Hey there! As I'm trying to train myself for competitive battles, I am trying to pay attention to the way I train my in-game teams in order to find the best combinations for battling someone over wifi. That being said, I'd like to have my current team rated, as if I were to hypothetically use them in an actual tournament.

Currently, I am at Phoebe of the Elite Four. This is my first time in a long time doing the Emerald Pokemon League. Here's the gang:

Skipper the Male Swampert (Level 42)
- Mild Nature
- Torrent Ability
- Holding Soft Sand

Moveset:
- Dive
- Earthquake
- Surf
-Waterfall

Wyndam the Male Linoone (Level 42)
- Bashful Nature
- Pickup Ability
- Holding Silk Scarf

Moveset:
- Cut
- Strength
- Thunderbolt
- Slash

Blousey the Female Swellow (Level 42)
- Lonely Nature
- Guts Ability
- No Item

Moveset:
- Endeavor
- Aerial Ace
- Double Team
- Fly

Pan the Female Nuzleaf (Level 41)
- Timid Nature
- Chlorophyll Ability
- Holding Miracle Seed

Moveset:
- Dig
- Razor Wind
- Rock Smash
- Giga Drain

Sable the Female Sableye (Level 41)
- Bashful Nature
- Keen Eye Ability
- Holding Quick Claw

Moveset:
- Flash
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Psychic

Marx the Male Crobat (Level 41)
- Rash Nature
- Inner Focus Ability
- Holding Soothe Bell

Moveset:
- Confuse Ray
- Air Cutter
- Wing Attack
- Bite

Last edited:

MajorLogan

Skipper the Male Swampert (Level 42)
- Mild Nature
- Torrent Ability
- Holding Soft Sand

Moveset:
- Dive
- Earthquake
- Surf
-Waterfall

This guy looks like a HM slave. Since you're approaching post-story, no need for all those HM moves. Surf is his best STAB-Water he knows so Dive and Waterfall are not necessary. I like its nature BTW (+Sp. ATK, -Defense).

Wyndam the Male Linoone (Level 42)
- Bashful Nature
- Pickup Ability
- Holding Silk Scarf

Moveset:
- Cut
- Strength
- Thunderbolt
- Slash

Another guy with one too many HM moves. If I was to get rid of one, Cut would be it. Slash is good for critical hits and I'm quite curious about Thunderbolt. Nature is neutral so no comment..

Blousey the Female Swellow (Level 42)
- Lonely Nature
- Guts Ability
- No Item

Moveset:
- Endeavor
- Aerial Ace
- Double Team
- Fly

One of my favorite bird Pokémon (besides Pidgeot & Articuno). This is a very good Pokémon with its Nature, moveset, and ability. A word of advice: Because of its ability, it's best for it to learn Façade, a move that doubles Attack if poisoned, paralyzed, or burn and this stacks with the ability. Watch out for Rock-types, though, as its nature hurts its Defense.

Pan the Female Nuzleaf (Level 41)
- Timid Nature
- Chlorophyll Ability
- Holding Miracle Seed

Moveset:
- Dig
- Razor Wind
- Rock Smash
- Giga Drain

This Pokémon is a NFE (Not Fully Evolved) so those are tricky to rate. Why have 3 physical attacks if you take a blow in Attack thanks to your Nature. Unless its Attack is pretty high, I wouldn't keep none of those moves expect for Giga Drain.

Sable the Female Sableye (Level 41)
- Bashful Nature
- Keen Eye Ability
- Holding Quick Claw

Moveset:
- Flash
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Psychic

Good moveset overall. Neutral nature means no comment. This gal can beat out almost anything that are not Poison, Steel, & those with the ability Immunity. Protect would be a good substitute for Flash unless you want to lower their accuracy. Also, this is the only Pokémon in this generation with no weaknesses (unless the foe uses Foresight and murk you with a Fighting-type move.)

Marx the Male Crobat (Level 41)
- Rash Nature
- Inner Focus Ability
- Holding Soothe Bell

Moveset:
- Confuse Ray
- Air Cutter
- Wing Attack
- Bite

This guy has an odd moveset thanks to its Nature. Plus, the Soothe Bell is useless in battle since the only thing it does is raises Happiness.

Last edited:

tgageqd

Pokemon Master
Your sable really attracted me, since it is a dual type Dark/Ghost type, it has no weakness. I found my male sableye SABBY, in the granite cave, I defeated many E4 pokemons using just SABBY so i really loved him.

Status
Not open for further replies.