• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Fantasy Football Team!

Phoopes

There it is.
Okay... I'm not sure if there was a thread like this ever before, so I could be a pioneer of sorts. (lol. not really.) But, Fantasy Football is entertainment, so I thought I'd stick this thread here. This Fantasy Football team that I'm hoping people will rate was drafted in an 8-team league on ESPN.com. It was a snake draft, and I had the first overall pick. Let's look at a team overview.

QB: Phillip Rivers
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Arian Foster
RB: DeAngelo Williams
RB: Knowshon Moreno
RB: Jahvid Best
RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Malcolm Floyd
WR: Mike Williams
TE: Jason Witten
TE: Owen Daniels
DEF: Pittsburgh Steelers
DEF: Baltimore Ravens
K: Adam Vinateri

So, that's my team roster. Now I'm going to take you through pick by pick.

1st Round: Arian Foster
Arian Foster was the number 1 rated RB last year, and I think he can do the same this year. Why? Defenses can't key on him because of the Texans' great passing attack, so he'll have a lot of room to run.

2nd Round: Calvin Johnson
I was really suprised that Calvin Johnson fell this far. He's the number one receiver on a good up and coming Lions offense, and always delivers a load of fantasy points. My only worry is that his production could drop if Matthew Stafford gets hurt again.

3rd Round: Greg Jennings
My original plan was to take a top-level QB in the 3rd Round, but seeing that there was only one taken so far, I decided to pick up another top level receiver in Greg Jennings. He's the Number 1 option on one of the top passing attacks in the league, and Aaron Rodgers hasn't had a bad season yet.

4th Round: Jason Witten
This guy is a lock for 90 receptions and 1,000 yards almost every season, so I thought I'd draft him here before all the elite tight ends drop off the board. While Tony Romo hasn't been a great postseason quarterback, he's been great in the regular season, which is all that matters in fantasy. Witten is his safety blanket, so he'll be getting a lot of targets this season.

5th Round: DeAngelo Williams
Williams is a high-risk high-reward kind of pick. He had an absolutely abysmal season last year, but I'm confident that he can bounce back while sharing the load with Johnathan Stewart. If not, I have some solid backups that can get the job done for me.

6th Round: Phillip Rivers
Wow. What a steal at the 48th overall pick. Phillip Rivers lead the Number 1 offense last season, in terms of fantasy points. He can adapt, as shown by him throwing 30+ touchdowns to 11 different receivers last year. Plus, he's getting Vincent Jackson, his Number 1 target, for the whole season this year after last season's holdout/injuries. He has other talented receivers in Malcolm Floyd, Legedu Nanee, and Seyi Ajiritutu, plus the number Tight End in football with Antonio Gates. Once again, what a steal.

7th Round: Knowshon Moreno
He showed a lot of talent last year before getting hurt, and this year I expect him to perform. With the QB controversy in Denver, he's likely to get a lot of handoffs this season, so watch for breakout performances. Their biggest receiving threats are Brandon Lloyd and Eddie Royal, so Orton/Tebow aren't going to many options to throw to. That's why they'll (hopefully) focus on the run game.

8th Round: Pittsburgh Steelers Defense
Is taking a defense in the 8th round a reach? Not when it's the Pittsburgh Steelers' defense. To put it in perspective, the Steelers Defense is projected by ESPN.com to get 199 fantasy points this season. The next highest is the Green Bay Packers, with 112. That's a difference of 87 fantasy points, which is huge between two defenses. Plus, the Steelers Defense has one of the top defenses in the league for as long as anyone can remember. A solid pick.

9th Round: Matt Ryan
I decided to take Matty Ice in the 9th Round because there was still a lot of talent at the RB/WR position. Ryan has (arguably) the best receiver in the game with Roddy White, plus rookie Julio Jones adds a deep threat that wasn't as present before. Plus, while aging, Tony Gonzalez is still a solid tight end to throw to, and defenses have to key on their top level running back, Micheal Turner, opening up the passing game.

10th Round: Jahvid Best
Jahvid Best isn't just a talented runner, he can catch passes out of the backfield as well. He can rack up the yards as good as anyone, but needs to score a few more touchdowns before he can become a legitimate fantasy starter. I have faith in him if DeAngelo Williams has another bad season.

11th Round: Malcolm Floyd
Showed a lot of talent as Phillip Rivers' Number 1 receiver last year during Vincent Jackson's holdout. But, Vincent Jackson will be playing the whole season this year, so Floyd is going to be the Number 2 option. Plus, if Antonio Gates doesn't get injured again, that will also cut into Floyd's production. Still a solid backup receiver though.

12th Round: BenJarvus Green-Ellis
The Law Firm, as they call him, has a lot of talent, but is hindered by the Patriots rotation of backs. He manages to have decent stats while sharing carries with Kevin Faulk, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, and Danny Woodhead. Hopefully he'll get the most carries out of all of them and be a solid pick.

13th Round: Mike Williams
Don't ask me how this guy fell this far. It's almost unreal. He's the first string WR for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and everyone just forgot basically forgot about him. While he's not Josh Freeman's first option (that would go to TE Kellen Winslow Jr.) he's still a wonderful reciever and would start on a lot of fantasy teams out there.

14th Round: Owen Daniels
The Tight End for the Texans fell to me in the 14th round? I'll take it. Owen Daniels is the second option for Matt Schaub behind (arguably) the best WR in the game, Andre Johnson. With the Texans' prolific passing attack, Daniels is sure to get a lot of targets.

15th Round: Baltimore Ravens Defense
Most people in my draft didn't take a defense until the last round, so I got lucky because another solid pick fell to me. The Ravens defense is always great, and while not as good as the Steelers' defense, can still rack up the points against opponents with weak offenses.

16th Round: Adam Vinateri
I got one of the lower-rated kickers (he's 9th overall rated in an 8-team draft) but most kickers are the same anyway. He plays for a good offense and his home stadium is a dome, which is a major plus.

Overall, I'm really happy about my team. Let me know what you think of it. This is a league where I can make trades, so if you think I should trade for anyone, I'll definitely consider. Thanks for reading and rating!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Not sure if this is in the right section or not but never mind.
I think your team is great nice balance of offense and defense quarter back is nice too.

And besides this is not how you set up a RMT.

It's generally accepted that you should display the movesets, as well as natures, items and EV's.

Phoopes

There it is.
@Innocent Bystander: I also detect some hate here. Maybe I should fire my orbital friendship cannon too?

@thebattlefrontierash: Yea, I usually end up pretty good every year. The people I play with are the other kids from my neighberhood and they really don't pay as much attention to football as I do.

EDIT: @InnocentBystander:

Arian Foster. Nature: Calm. Moveset: Spin, Juke, Stiff Arm, Run. Item: Football. EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Special Attack. Ability: Sticky Fingers. "Makes it harder for him to fumble the ball." Happy now?

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
And besides this is not how you set up a RMT.

It's generally accepted that you should display the movesets, as well as natures, items and EV's.

This isn't a pokemon game help thread you know.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I'm not sold on picking up the Steelers D so early. I don't care if they were in the Super Bowl because my Packers beat them it's no guarantee of success this year, especially to warrant being picked so high. Several key parts of that D are getting old/ have an injury history. And you got the Ravens later, who would have sufficed if you only drafted one D. Personally I like to draft one good defense, and when the bye week comes around I'll pick another one up from free agency to cover that week. At least you waited for the last round to draft a kicker :D.

Twix92

404 Not Found
A very good, all-round team with a gamechanger in each position, always a good choice putting Ravens as one of your DEF teams :p

Phoopes

There it is.
@kaiser soze: It may be true that the Steelers defense is getting old/injury-prone, but they always find a way to get it done and be a top 3 defense, which is why I always put my confidence in them. I also draft two defenses for matchup reason. For example, if the Steelers were playing the Colts and the Ravens were playing the Browns, I'd use the Ravens defense that week. Also, I once saw someone draft a kicker in the 11th round because he wanted an all-Titans roster. Made me lol.

@Twix92: Yea, I love the Ravens defense every year. However, I do give the edge to the Steelers D over the Ravens almost every time.