• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Favourite Team!

acetrainerlewis

;121; Starmie
Timid
Natural Cure
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

;407; Roserade
Timid
Natural Cure
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Powder

;282; Gardevoir
Modest
Trace
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

;260; Swampert
Adamant
Torrent
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Curse

:526: Gigalith
Impish
Sturdy
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return
- Curse

;398; Staraptor
Jolly
Intimidate
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Return

Thinking of swapping Gigalith with Gallade:

;475; Gallade
Jolly
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash / X-Scissors / Psycho Slash
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Thunderbolt doesn't really do much on Gardevoir; personally I'd run Calm Mind > Thunderbolt and Focus Blast in the last slot. Focus Blast and Psychic pair pretty well together, walled by Psychic-types which are then hit by Shadow Ball.

The only reason I can think of to run Rock Blast on Gigalith is to break through Substitutes, of which there are few (if any) in-game, unless you're playing on the Subway/PWT (in which case you have too many Pokemon) or competitively (in which case you should mention that). So I'd run Stone Edge or Rock Slide > Rock Blast; which one of the two just comes down to personal preference on accuracy vs power though personally I prefer Rock Slide.

An alternative option to run on Swampert over Toxic is Curse to boost your Attack and Defence; Swampert is slow anyway so he doesn't mind the Speed drop.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Staraptor - Use Quick Attack instead of U-Turn to pick off weakened opponents.

I'm pretty sure Avalanche does more than Ice Punch, so if I'm correct, it's more useful for something like Swampert.

KillerDraco

I'm pretty sure Avalanche does more than Ice Punch, so if I'm correct, it's more useful for something like Swampert.

Correct; with its priority of -4, you'll usually take a hit before firing off an Avalanche (barring status and set up moves), meaning it'll hit with 120 Power. Goes great with Zhanton's suggestion of Curse as well, since Swampert already isn't going to be caring about hitting second with its already cut speed. It is an egg move though, as opposed to a tutor move like Ice Punch, so I'm not sure if that would be a deterrent (I'm assuming not since everything not named Gigalith is not an Unova native).

On the subject of Roserade, I'd typically go Shadow Ball and Sleep Powder over Leaf Storm. I'm personally not a huge fan of Leaf Storm in game, given it's low PP and unappealing SpA drop (although you CAN switch after every KO so this does minimize the effects). But, I've personally found that Roserade's raw power makes Giga Drain hit hard enough as is. I can't think of too many in-game situations where you'd desperately need the extra power of Leaf Storm.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Run Calm Mind on Gardevoir, boosts SP. Attack which would be scary since I can see you have a lot of special moves

Lapras!

Banned
Staraptor - Use Quick Attack instead of U-Turn to pick off weakened opponents.

I will find you. I don't know what it will take but I will find you.

acetrainerlewis

Thanks guys I've changed the original post ^^

Also I was thinking of swapping Gigalith for Gallade:

;475; Gallade
Jolly
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up

what do you think?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Thanks guys I've changed the original post ^^

Also I was thinking of swapping Gigalith for Gallade:

;475; Gallade
Jolly
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up

what do you think?

Well Gallade brings a third Psychic-type to your team, which does mean you're 3/6 weak to Ghost-type. If you're not phased by that, then go with Bulk Up > Swords Dance and Night Slash as your third move. Fighting + Dark get almost perfect neutral coverage (only missing out on like two Pokemon iirc), and Ice Punch lets you hit Flying-types. Alternatively you could run Substitute > Ice Punch along with the above-mentioned moves; Sub goes nicely with Bulk Up - allowing you to set up more easily - and Drain Punch, which heals back your HP.

Hope this helps.

KillerDraco

id go hydropump on starmie surf's a bit weak for it really

Yet it compensates with superior accuracy, making both viable options based on what the person prefers; power or consistency.

However, considering it is in-game, Surf also has the added benefit of HM status, and that's what tips it over the edge in this situation.