1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rate my FireRed Team

Discussion in '3rd Gen RMT' started by sivret20, Jun 24, 2013.

1. sivret20

sivret20 New Member

I would put this in a thread more specific to Gen III team rating but no one ever looks at those threads...so here I go. The rules are any pokemon from FireRed, including ubers.

Only rule is that it has to be all FireRed, so ubers are fine. Obviously only Gen III moves, etc.

Cloyster @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 16 Def / 88 SpA / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
    Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Surf
    Explosion

Mainly for utility, will probably be my lead. Lay down some spikes, rapid spin spikes away, etc. Explosion to get some nice damage when the going gets tough. He can also somewhat act as a defensive wall.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
    Timid
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice
    Substitute
    Baton Pass

Considering leading with him also...or possibly switching him with a Zapdos. Also, I'm worried about Hidden Power, because I'm worried I won't have the patience to get him to have the perfect IVs, etc. so he has the perfect Hidden Power. So I might replace this with Toxic for more utility.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
    Modest
    104 HP / 184 SpA / 220 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Recover

Special sweeper. Too amazing to not use...I could have gone with the standard BoltBeam but I think that his STAB Psychic is too good to not use. Plus my Dragonite and Jolteon will also know Thunderbolt. I don't know, I feel like three Thunderbolts on a team is a little overkill.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Lonely
    52 HP / 204 Atk / 68 SpA / 184 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Wing Attack
    Earthquake
    Thunderbolt

Physical sweeper with some Thunderbolt coverage. Considering using an adamant nature but that would take power away from Thunderbolt so I don't know. Dragon Dance to setup and then hopefully sweep.

CURSELAX
    Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SpD
    Curse
    Body Slam
    Shadow Ball
    Rest

Acting somewhat as a special wall but we all know that a Curse-boosted Snorlax can do some damage and sweep :D. Shadow Ball instead of Earthquake to hit Gengar and I KNOW the guy I'm playing will be using a Mewtwo, so it will be helpful there.

Weezing @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Sludge Bomb
    Haze
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain Split

Defensive wall. I was thinking about using Skarmory but I already have a spiker...plus Weezing fits to the whole Gen I theme. Can cripple sweepers with Wisp, Haze away any set-ups, etc.

Soo...tell me what you think! This is the first time I've made a somewhat competitive team, so I probably screwed up hard somewhere along the line.

2. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Maybe try Flamethrower instead of Thunderbolt on D-Nite, and replace Recover on Mewtwo with Thunderbolt.

Also, is this team meant to be for Competitive or In-Game?

If this is for Competitive then I'll have this thread moved here.

3. Wolfram74

Wolfram74 Shiny Feebas

I would go with Boltbeam Mewtwo, though Recover might suit you more depending on playing style. With Dragonite, maybe you could Thunder Wave instead of Thunderbolt; cripple an enemy and Adamant so Thunderbolt might not be the best. Also, Aerial Ace instead of Wing Attack :p. You could go with thunderwave instead of baton pass for Jolteon, but depending on your playing style whether to break up the subpass set or not.

Also, that's your starter? If you had Charmander then Suicune makes one hell of a Calm Mind sweeper.