• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my first competitive Team

* Roserade(adamant)
Sludge Bomb
Energy Ball
Weather Ball
Sunny Day

* Metagross(Rash)
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Magnet Rise
Psychic

* Charizard
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Dragon Pulse
Fly

* Kabutops
Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Water Pulse/Surf?
Ancient Power

Rotom
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Ominous Wind
Thunder Wave

Scyther
Swords Dance?
Bug Buzz
Night Slash
Hyper Beam

* Pokemon I want in my team.
? Moves I'm not sure about.

crazymoose

Tailow!
roserade and kabutops wont work on the same team if they both have different weather moves. i usually don't care about natures, but an adamant roserade is like the worst one possible, it raises his atk and lowers his sp atk. anyway give it shadow ball over sludge bomb, it has much better coverage. and give it a heat rock (or what ever its called) run this on meta
metagross
agility
earthquake
hammer arm/ bullet punch/ meteor mash
explosion

charizard usually wants to be either physical or special, not mixed.

special

charizard
flamethrower/ fire blast
dragon pulse
air slash
focus blast/ solar beam
solar beam if the sun will be up for a while.

physical

charizard@ salac berry
belly drum
eq
flare blitz/ fire punch
substitute

either get rid of kabutops or its water moves. if you want to replace him, go with salamence or weavile. i would replace rotom with dusknoir, you need some sort of wall.
dusknoir
shadow sneak
ice punch
will o wisp
pain split

i would replace scyther with togekiss or yanmega.

Last edited:

gorgongaze

*my corrections made in bold*

*Roserade(adamant) (wrong nature for this one, should be modest/jolly, due to its attack being lower than sp.atk. also, all of its attacks are sp.atk based)

Sludge Bomb
Energy Ball
Weather Ball
Sunny Day

* Metagross(Rash) (if you can, change its nature, sp.atk does nothing for metagross's attacks. id go adamant)

Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
EQ/Agility
Zen Headbutt

* Charizard (i agree with Crazymoose, mix-charizards dont work out well. go jolly/adamant for phys. charizard, or timid/modest for special sweepers, and use either of Moose's moveset for the corresponding choice)

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Dragon Pulse
Fly

* Kabutops (while, yes will interfere with roserade's weather ball move, kabutops can be used for a more important role: Rapid Spinner, which is extremely useful against stealth rock! and go jolly nature, speed is more important with this one)

Rapid Spin
Waterfall
X-Scissor (for grass/psychic types)
Stone Edge (for STAB, and flying/dragon coverage, though not that useful against them)

Rotom (go timid nature, believe me ive had plenty of experience with this one)

Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Thunder Wave

Scyther (jolly nature is the way to go with this one, and while normally i would suggest sword dance/agility with baton pass, this isnt a passer team.)

Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Night Slash
Brick break/U-turn (gives neutral dmg to walls, not first choice)/U-turn for quick hits against SE targets and a free exchange to wall or something)

* Pokemon I want in my team.
? Moves I'm not sure about.

seems like an ok team, though an infernape could be a HUGE problem for this team. least the changes in bold are what i would do with this team.

I forgot to mention, I have a shiny ut budew and a shiny ut metagross. The natures I put are the ones they have.
Also, I gave kabutops raindance to give weatherball another type.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Roserade@Black Sludge
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Natural Cure

Swords Dance
Razor Leaf
Poison Jab
Sleep Powder

Just for a change.

Metagross@Choice Scarf
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)