• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my in game badge team

telivisionhead

Hope you enjoy them!
1. Lucario
Level 44
2.Arcanine: Level 43
3. Haxorus the beast: level 48
4.Ampharos: Level 44
5. Zoroark: Level 46
6. Samurott: Level 43
Do you like them? Im in undella bay training and I want them about all level 48-50 in levels. Is that good or bad? They have great moves and are pretty powerful! :D

KillerDraco

Well, considering you claim they have great moves, it'd be helpful to know exactly what those moves are. After all, there's no telling what does and doesn't need changing if we don't know that!

telivisionhead

Well, considering you claim they have great moves, it'd be helpful to know exactly what those moves are. After all, there's no telling what does and doesn't need changing if we don't know that!

Sorry, I was in a rush I hads to leave early. I'll tell you the moves at the moment.

telivisionhead

Arcanine: Ability: Flash Fire Gentle Nature
Item: Lucky Egg
Moves: Ember
Flame Wheel
Extremespeed
Fire Fang
Samurott: Ability: Torrent Nature: Jolly Item: Lucky Egg Moves:Water Pulse, Razor Shell,Surf,Aqua Jet
Haxorus: Quirkt Nature Ability: Mold Breaker. Movs: Dragon Dance, Cut( :( ) Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw
Ampharos: Docile Nature: Ability, Static. Moves: Discharge, Thunderwave,Thunderpunch, Fire Punch
Zoroark: Hasty Nature: Ability: Illusion Moves: (Im getting the same moves from my level 100 zoroark all I need is night daze to replace Night Slash) Fury Swipes, Faint attack, Foul pay, Night Slash
Lucario: Modest Nature: Ability: Steadfast Moves: Bone rush (Its okay but Quick attack is annoying now but now my moves will have a double weakness to flying) Quick Attack,Force Palm,Counter
Im not really a defense pokemon player. I do it for fun as long as I have cool pokemon,nice attacks and well MY POKEMON! :D If anything I just thunder wave people then let them taste my ampharo's firepunch and thunderpunch. Haxorus is probably my most defensive pokemon anyway.

KillerDraco

...Well. I see quite a few glaring problems with most of the move sets here.

Two rules of thumb I'd like to state outright.

First, most Pokemon should not have more than one move of the same type; there are exceptions, but it generally offers redundant coverage, limiting the number of Pokemon you can effectively take on with any given Pokemon. A lot of your Pokemon seem to have this problem.

Second, for things like Ampharos and Haxorus, you need to play to their dominant stat. Haxorus has a base 147 attack stat, but only base 60 special attack; Dragon Pulse has no purpose on any Haxorus set, ever. Doesn't synergize with Haxorus at all, especially if you're using Dragon Dance to boost your attack even further. Likewise, Ampharos has a base 115 Special Attack, but only base 75 attack; Thunderpunch and Fire Punch won't give you much bang for your buck. You want special attacks for Ampharos, not physical ones.

Anyway, I've just gotta point out the whole thing on this one Sorry everybody this is one of those cases where I gotta

Haxorus
Replace Dragon Pulse with Earthquake, which will hit the steel types who otherwise resist your STAB. Also drop Cut; it stops being necessary very early in the game so there's no point in keeping it on Haxorus. You can add a fighting type move (Low Kick or Brick Break for instance) if you want to hit Steel Types who are immune to Earthquake for neutral damage (Skarmory, Bronzong, anything with Air Balloon), or if you want to hit Ferrothorn for super-effective damage. Or, since this is in-game, you could always throw False Swipe on Haxorus; it may have no usefulness in serious battles, but it's a godsend for catching.

Ampharos
Ampharos wants Focus Blast, since despite its shaky accuracy it has amazing coverage and power, so replace Thunderpunch with Focus Blast. Swapping Fire Punch for Hidden Power Ice would be ideal, but something tells me you probably don't have access to that, so Signal Beam is a viable alternative which'll hit the grass types who resist your STAB much harder than Fire Punch will.

Arcanine
You've got way too many fire moves; you don't need three, that just costs you extra coverage. Unfortunately two of Arcanine's best coverage moves (Close Combat and Crunch) require breeding to get, so that's probably not an option for you. Wild Charge is great though, as it hits water types hard with Arcanine's respectable attack stat, even despite the recoil. You'll want to replace Fire Fang with Flamethrower; though Arcanine's attack is a little bit higher than its special attack, the sheer difference in power from Flamethrower to Fire Fang makes it more reliable. As for replacing Flame Wheel... eh. Given that Crunch, Close Combat, and Morning Sun are out of the question, you could always try something like Will-O-Wisp to cripple troublesome physical attackers.

Samurott
This move pool is entirely water attacks... it really needs better coverage. Replace Water Pulse with Megahorn for grass types, and Razor Shell with Superpower. The attack drops may be a deterrent, but it still has a viable special attack to fire off Surfs after the attack drops, and you don't necessarily spam Superpower anyway.

Zoroark
Again, too many dark type attacks, it needs more coverage. Foul Play is terribly unreliable, since it calculates damage based on the opponent's attack rather than your own; while this is great for things like Sableye who has low attack, Zoroark's attack stat isn't bad, making it a poor choice. Fury Swipes is unreliable and weak to boot. While Zoroark's attack is pretty good, its special attack is the higher of the two, so it wants Dark Pulse, at least until it can learn Night Daze. Focus Blast provides great coverage alongside a Dark type STAB, hitting most Pokemon at least neutrally. If the accuracy is a deterrent, you can also use Hidden Power, since N's Zoroark always has a max power HP Fighting; it may be considerably weaker than Focus Blast, but it's perfectly accurate. Grass Knot can be used as well for hitting water/rock/ground types a bit harder, and Nasty Plot will turn Zoroark into a special sweeping monster.

Lucario
This set needs coverage as well. Fortunately, Lucario has tons of options available to it; it can go physical, special, or mixed. Despite the fact that Modest is +SpA/-Atk, since it's in-game, a mixed set would be most viable for you. Give it Ice Punch, Aura Sphere, and Shadow Ball; that'll cover most relevant threats, as Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball have nigh perfect neutral coverage, and Ice Punch'll wreck dragon, flying, grass, and ground types for you. You can use Work Up to boost both attack and special attack, which works out well for a mixed set like this.

Last edited:

telivisionhead

thankyou. Do you know where a hm for earthquake is? I'll get some hms on samurott. Ill take away fire punch on ampharos. Ill take ember off arcanine before he deffinatly doesnt need that.

telivisionhead

Since I cant get earthquake is Bulldoze good? And if rock smash ok for ampharos because he wants fighting type moves grass type moves or even a water move if he can get his hands on one of them. Thankyou