1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rate my LG team

Discussion in '3rd Gen RMT' started by Terra Force, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Terra Force

Terra Force <-- Current Hunt

Need help with mainly moves. already have them in the upper 40s so theres no goin back

Charizard-Kyle Lv. 47
    Rash
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower
    Fly
    Mega Kick
    Slash

Aerodactyl-Allysa Lv. 47
    Jolly
    Moveset:
    Rock Slide
    Ancient Power
    Fly
    Take Down

Tentacruel-LeBron Lv. 47
    Quirky
    Moveset:
    Surf
    Barrier
    Ice Beam
    Acid

Dragonair-Shelly Lv. 47
    Mild
    Moveset:
    Surf
    Secret Power
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Rage

Alakazam-Voldemort Lv. 47
    Hardy
    Moveset:
    Psychic
    Recover
    Thief
    Reflect

Raichu-Devon Lv. 48
    Quirky
    Moveset:
    Thunderbolt
    Strength
    Brick Break
    Thunderwave

2. xMetagrossx

xMetagrossx Blaziking

not bad hope this helps :)

3. Kodama木魂

Kodama木魂 ∩( ・ω・)∩

I'mma try a 'brief' (lol) analysis:

@ Charizard: Slash/Mega Kick are the two moves I'd consider replacing here. My recommendation is buying the Brick Break TM from Celadon City's department store and teaching that in place of Slash/Mega Kick. Fighting has lots of coverage that Charizard will find really helpful. Dragon Claw is another move I'd recommend using instead of either Slash/Mega Kick. It'll work off your Charizard's Rash nature and give you even more coverage than Normal-type moves. You pick it up in Victory Road, though, so it might be some time before getting it equipped.

@ Aerodactyl: I'd still recommend Return over Take Down for your Aerodactyl since (iirc) you said it had the Pressure ability instead of Rock Head. Earthquake is definately an excellent move for Aerodactyl's arsenal. Once you defeat the 8th gym leader (if you haven't already), I'd replace Ancient Power with it. Rock Slide has more power and PP + its accuracy isn't too low at 90% (making it more feasible than Ancient Power).

@ Tentacruel: If you still have it, Giga Drain will help you in combating other Water-types that wall you otherwise (I'd replace Barrier with it). Sludge Bomb, which you get (generally) much later at the Rocket Warehouse, will give you a powerful STAB and is much better than Acid.

@ Dragonair/Dragonite: I don't know if you've evolved it yet, but if you have Dragonite now, I'd give Aerial Ace to it (assuming you still have it; replace with Secret Power preferrably). STAB factors power higher than Secret Power and it'll give you some decent coverage. Keep Brick Break in mind, too. Working off Dragonite's physical Atk is something you're going to want to do (because 134 base is nothing to sneeze at). Thunderbolt in place of Dragon Rage will give you the famed BoltBeam combo (hitting a large of amount of Pokémon for 'super effective/neutral) and work off your Mild nature.

@ Alakazam: If you want to make Alakazam a Dual Screen(er), giving it Light Screen in place of Thief will make it such... and it can work pretty solid. Another option is giving Alakazam Calm Mind and/or Shock Wave if you have it. Calm Mind will give your Alakazam even easier sweeping potential with Psychic and Shock Wave can hit some Pokémon harder (not to mention it has decent PP for in-game). Too bad Alakazam doesn't get the punches in this game...

@ Raichu: Looks solid for in-game! Covers just about everything a Raichu can cover. As I always like to mention - you could experiment with Hidden Power and see what you get, but if you don't want to - the set's already fine as is.

Brief, right? Haha. I wish you the best.

4. Terra Force

Now here's where I am:
    Charizard Lv 50
    Rash Blaze
    Moves:
    Flamethrower
    Mega Kick(going to replace with brick break soon)
    Fly
    Dragon Claw

Tentacruel Lv 50
    Quirky Liquid Ooze
    Moves:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Barrier(will be replaced with sludge bomb once I'm there)
    Giga Drain

Aerodactyl Lv 49
    jolly Pressure
    Moves:
    Rock Slide
    Return
    Fly
    Earthquake

Alakazam Lv 49
    Hardy Inner Focus
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Recover
    Reflect
    Light Screen/Calm Mind

Raichu Lv 49
    Quirky Static
    Moves:
    T-bolt
    Strength
    Brick Break
    Thunder Wave

Dragonair(it still isn't evolved so I'll just give you the future moveset)
    Inner Focus Mild
    Moves:
    Outrage
    Ice Beam
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break/Thunderbolt
    I am very unsure if I should even need brick break with dragonite because of charizard and raichu yet I don't want to waste such great attack

5. Kodama木魂

Kodama木魂 ∩( ・ω・)∩

I'd probably just go Dual Screen with Alakazam. It'll make good coverage for your whole team, and Alakazam is already powerful enough on its own (in-game) without Calm Mind support.

D-nite... eh, I'd go with Thunderbolt. Looking at your team, you do have good Fighting-type coverage as it is with both Charizard and Raichu. T-bolt does work off of the Mild nature - and compiles well with Ice Beam. You got a good physical STAB with Aerial Ace on D-nite, so that should definately suffice. :]

6. Terra Force

Thanks so now I've finally got my team finished thanks a ton!

7. You don't have to put levels on your team you know; it could be helpful but rarely

8. Terra Force

Yes but it gives people an idea of where I'm at