• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Magic the Gathering Spirit deck

vulpaNINETALES

Furry in disguise
Ok it is short cards so it's not 60 cards but I do make it work against my friends. Its purpose is to kinda be unblockable. It has the following cards;

Creatures:

Liliana's Shade x2
Stormbound Geist x1
Tormented Soul x2
Voiceless Spirit x2
Niblis of the Breath x1
Slum Reaper x1
Drogskol Captain x1
Soul Seizer x1
Blistergrub x1
Chapel Geist x1
Wildwood Geist x1
Niblis of the Mist x1
Fettergeist x1
Moon Heron x1
Battleground Geist x1
Gallows Warden x1
Drifting Shade x1

Lands:
Plains x8
Island x8
Swamp x8
Selesnya Guildgate x1

Enchantments and Instants:
Ghostly Possession x1
Spectral Prison x1
Feeling of Dread x1
Midnight Haunting x1
Nevermore x1
Ray of Revelation x1

Please help me make it better and suggest any cards to put in and take out.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
For it to be a legal constructed deck it needs to be 60 cards...I think you're at 51. So that needs to change. You're also not telling us a format, which determines the cards available for use in the deck. I'm going to assume it's just purely casual and restricted by a bit of a budget?

I'd try just making it 2 colors instead of 4. Because that'd be insanely hard on your mana base. You could probably go White/Blue/Black if you just limited the amount of Black cards you needed.

I wouldn't play green. Just for Wildwood? not worth it.

In terms of deckbuilding, the first thing I'd do is play 4x Drogskol Captain. That's really what makes a deck like this work. Then you play 4x Midnight Haunting and 4x Lingering Souls. Those 3 cards will make your deck a real threat because of the kinds of threats it can put out. You can supplement it with cards like Intangible Virtue and Favorable Winds to make your tokens and spirits more powerful. Most of your other spirits are just kind of...underwhelming. They're over-costed and not very strong.

Your spells are kinda...meh. Feeling of Dread is good, but you should probably have more of them. ~2 in the deck. Then there's good removal like Oblivion Ring, Go for the Throat, Doom Blade, Murder. And utility spells like Dimir Charm, Orzhov Charm, and Azorius Charm. You also have counterspells like Mana Leak and Dissipate.

You should diversify your lands with some Guildgates, Shocklands, or Taplands. On a budget you'd probably want to stick with Guildgates: Dimir Guildgate, Orzhov Guildgate, and Azorius Guildgate. You can also use the land Moorland Haunt to continually get spirits once your creatures die. And Vault of the Archangel is good with a lot of creatures too.