• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rate my new team

Next-Gen-isis

u liek mudkipz?
since my last team was a walking weavile bait i decided to try some new builds and im now training this team.
azelf.png

Azelf@timid
focus sash
252sp.atk 252 speed 6hp

nasty plot
Psychic
grass knot
flamethrower

my azelf lead gets a nasty plot and starts the sweep Psychic is good for hitting neutral things hard and stab.

poliwrath.png

poliwrath @ jolly
leftovers
252hp 252 atk 6 speed

hypnosis
brick break
waterfall
bulk up

uses hypnosis and sets up physical sweep gets STAB from brick break and waterfall

weezing.png

weezing @bold
black sludge
252hp 252 def 6 speed

wilo wisp
flamethrower
thunderbolt
pain split

my physical wall/elemental sweeper pain split to stall and recover black sludge thwarts all trickers

skarmory.png

skarmory@impish
leftovers
252 hp 200 def 58 atk
spikes
drill peck
Toxic
roost

another physical wall sets up spikes and whirlwinds/drill pecks for damage, roost to heal.

weavile.png

Weavile @ jolly
choice band
216 speed 252 atk 40 hp

ice punch
night slash
Aerial Ace
brick break

my revenge killer faster then most pokemon and gets STAB from ice punch+the dark moves and because of my infernape weakness (half my team) i taught this aerial ace to kill them.

snorlax.png

Snorlax @ careful
leftovers
168 Hp, 120 Defense, 220 Sp.Def

curse
rest
body slam
fire punch

just a average curselax and sp.wall tanks attacks deals damage and rests when needed.

so yh rate and i hope this team is better then my last!;492-s;

credit to arkeis for pictures

Last edited:

Rad3n

Banned
Poliwrath is too rounded to work in OU unless it's tailored (or rather loaded completely towards something) to a defensive set. Wrath has just enough defence after its useful resistances to function effectively as a Wall. Bulk up doesn't cut it in OU. I recommend the ResTalk set as that gives you a sleep absorber at the same time.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Water Absorb - Impish
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Brick Break
~Ice Punch

Rhys29

Encore
Rest Talking is a good way to go with Wrath, however he does make an amazing Sub Puncher.

Poliwrath@Leftovers
Adamant, Water Absorb
252 Hp, 252 Att, 4 Sp.D
Substitute
Focus Punch
Waterfall
Hypnosis/Bulk Up

You can switch in on a poke such as Vappy and then go for the set up. Sub up, and then punch away. The last slot is how confident you can set him up correctly with your team, Hypnosis for an extra chance for a set up or Bulk Up for monsterous tankage.

Rad3n

Banned
He doesn't in OU though. In OU, base 80-whatever atk doesn't cut it.

Rhys29

Encore
True, which is why Bulk Up is an option for an attack boost. However, since he already has 3 walls already, he could just swap this guy out for a Spore Punch Breloom since he needs the Fighting support.

Rad3n

Banned
If I ever want to make it onto the certified raters list, I need to resist telling people to read the rules but common'.

dark-rules.gif

Breloom doesn't outclass Poliwrath btw. Poliwrath has nice resistances which it can use effectively. What's wrong with three tanks on a team?

^The Restalker also gives you an answer to Tyranitar. It also gives you a proper status absorber, which you lack.

Max the Speed on Weavile. The 40 HP don't really accomplish anything. Also, Weavile can't revenge kill very well without Pursuit. I suggest this > Aerial Ace and finding a replacement to stop Ape. It could go > Night Slash too if you still want AA. In this metagame, Ice Shard on Band Weavile will prove more useful than Ice Punch because it can hit DDMence after a DD.

Don't lead with Azelf unless you scarf it or go with the suicide lead. Band Weavile can lead (assuming you take my suggestion about Pursuit!), although it is ulitmately inferior as a lead to Anti-Lead Weavile.

It is much better than your last team.

Also,
Weavile @ jolly
choice band

should be
Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly

Might rate more later, but don't count on it.

Rhys29

Encore
The reason I said he has too many walls is that they are all physical. Except for his lead which is way off anyways, nothing hits with Sp.A. A good swap if he wants a tank could be CM Bro or CM Cune. I also don't really see T-Tar as a problem with a Banded Weavile on the team (DDTar still causes problems but with a bunch of Def walls he should be alright).