• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My OU Rain Dance Team!

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Hey All, I am pretty new to competitive battling and I decided to make an RMT after this team got some success. Obviously this team is a hyper-offensice rain team and consits of mostly sweepers. So here it is, rate my rain dance team!

Uxie@Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Bold
252Hp/106Def/152Spe
~Trick
~Rain Dance
~Stealth Rock
~Memento

Basically to get the rain going at the beginning of the battle. Trick a choice scarf to the opposing lead to cripple it for the rest of the match. Stealth rock as they switch and rain dance to get it going for my sweepers. Memento to get a free switch-in and force the opponent to switch or have them stay in and do pitiful damage with their attacks while I set up. The reason that Uxie is great is because he is so bulky and can take hits, plus he is almost guaranteed to set up rain and stealth rocks every time.

Kingdra@Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Nature: Naughty
252Hp/240SpA/18Spe
~Rain Dance
~Waterfall
~Hydro Pump
~Draco Meteor

Kingdra, a basic staple of any rain team, and here it is used as a mixed sweeper. Rain teams have a problem with heavy duty defensive cores, otherwise known as stall teams, which can stop your sweep in a second. However, with this Kingdra, you can easily break stall and SkarmBliss along with it. Obviously having both attacks is for maximum mixed sweeping purposes and draco meteor creates dual water-dragon STAB which creates great type coverage. Rain Dance is for support to make sure the rain will be running the whole time.

Zapados@Damp Rock
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Bold
252Hp/220Def/36Def
~Rain Dance
~Thunder
~U-Turn
~Roost

Zapados is here for mid-game rain replenishing so that my sweepers can come in and wreak havoc once more. Rain Dance is there to get off an eight turn rain instead of a five turn one, and Thunder can cripple would be counters to give my sweepers just the momentun I need. Also, you can sweep a weakened team with STABed Thunder coming off of Zapados' 125 base special attack. U-turn is just there to scout out the opponent and to get my sweepers out as soon as possible after I set up the rain. Finally, roost takes full advantage of Zapados' typing and makes him bulky to use rain dance more than once.

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
60Atk/252SpA/196Spe
~Surf
~Energy Ball
~Ice Beam
~Focus Punch

Ludicolo is here for my special attacking prowess, and has great coverage to boot. He gets STAB on both Surf and Energy Ball to beat water types that unknowingly switch in. Ice Beam is there to OHKO salamence and friends so that he doesn't retaliate with DD booste outrages. Focus Punch may seem strange, but is wonderful for the predicted Blissey switch-in. When that fat blob thinks that it can switch into and wall like crazy it thinks agian when it loses 78% of its Hp on the switch. Also, Ludicolo has great typing that creates good synergy with Kingdra and Zapados.

Kabutops@Life Orb
Trait:Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
252Atk/252Spe/6Hp
~Swords Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~X-scissor

In terms of physical sweeping potential, Kabutops is about the best that you can get. He gets fantastic dual STABs on rock and water (waterfall and stone edge). X-scissor has the ability to easily OHKO any Celebi set on Smogon. Finally, Uxie has a special setup with Kabutops, and Memento. First when Uxie sets up its rain and stealth rocks, it mementoes out weakening the opposing sweeper. Then Kabutops comes in and they are forced to switch because both of their attacking stats are -2. Kabutops then gets a free swords dance and preceeds to sweep. Kabutops can threaten stall as well as my other sweepers. In the rain Kabutops can OHKO the standard Skarmory after stealth rock damage. Then once one link goes down, the others fall as well.

Scizor@Damp Rock
Trait: Technician
Nature: Adamant
252Hp/252Atk/6Spe
~Rain Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~U-turn

Scizor is very basic and is just here for revenge killing and setting up rain as my secondary bulky rain dancer. He easily beats threats such as Tyranitar, Celebi, and Vaporeon. Plus, his only weakness is lessened in the rain, letting him set up things much more than once. U-turn is for scouting and leaving dents in Tyranitar.

Alright, that is it. Thank you for reading my RMT please rate and leave feedback on what I can do to improve my team. Thanks!

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Wrong forum. This is 3rd Generation Competitive, you want 4th Generation Competitive.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
woops, sorry about that.

klubkj

you should have zapdos learn fly fly is very strong and since you don't have any fire types, you need something to beat grass types

Omastar ftw!

you should have zapdos learn fly fly is very strong and since you don't have any fire types, you need something to beat grass types

true. but you also have heat wave for that...

Drybones446

That Photography Guy

The only prominent Grass type in OU is Celebi. Celebi is handled by Ludi's Ice Beam and to some extent, Kingdra's Draco Meteor.
Just because you lack something super-effective against another type doesn't mean you can't kill it.
God, everyone is so obsessed with seeing the words "ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE! WIN! YAY"...
fail

Use Mild for Ludicolo as Modest will reduce Focus Punch's power even with Attack EVs.
On Scizor, don't run max HP because on the second switch in on Stealth Rock, 248 HP EVs would have one more HP.
Use 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe.

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
The only prominent Grass type in OU is Celebi. Celebi is handled by Ludi's Ice Beam and to some extent, Kingdra's Draco Meteor.
Just because you lack something super-effective against another type doesn't mean you can't kill it.
God, everyone is so obsessed with seeing the words "ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE! WIN! YAY"...
fail

Use Mild for Ludicolo as Modest will reduce Focus Punch's power even with Attack EVs.
On Scizor, don't run max HP because on the second switch in on Stealth Rock, 248 HP EVs would have one more HP.
Use 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe.

I know what you mean Drybones... my friend gets ticked off whenever he kills something and it's not super effective lol

Tyranatar

I'm back!
Over all its a very nice team. There are things that need to be changed. Your azelf doesnt have any attacking move which i think there is a clause agaisnt that and a taught would force a swith out. It can also be encored. You also have too much life orbs why not try a choice band or expert belt. I would also replace the damp rock for a steel plate so you get a powered up bullet punch and can still use rain dance. Other then that it is well built and well thought out

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
alright well i have a raindance team, with kingdra on it and this spread works pretty good:

kingdra @ lumberry
swift swim
adamant
248 HP/148 atk/114 spe
-dragon dance
-outrage
-waterfall
-substitute

i use mine with screen support from bronzong, though it can handle its own as well. u already have enough rain users IMO especially because some have damp rock, so i would use this kingdra. trick is to get a good switch in then substitute on there switch. then dragon-dance up until they break ur sub, then SWEEP, fairly simple. like i said earlier screen support works best with it but it can go on its own. so possibly adding a bronzong? if so i run this one:

bronzong @ light clay
levitate
sassy/relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 152 atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
- light screen
- reflect
- explosion
- rain dance

this things main objective is to set up screens ASAP, then while you still can raindance if u need too, and explode, then zongs out of there, and thats when u would switch in kingdra while its still benifiting from rain and screens. so if u do add this i might suggest over scizor. just my opinion though.

hope i could help

Over all its a very nice team. There are things that need to be changed. Your azelf doesnt have any attacking move which i think there is a clause agaisnt that and a taught would force a swith out. It can also be encored. You also have too much life orbs why not try a choice band or expert belt. I would also replace the damp rock for a steel plate so you get a powered up bullet punch and can still use rain dance. Other then that it is well built and well thought out

wait, i dont see an azelf, u mean uxie???? and no there is no clause against that i dont think, maybe its one of those ones that doesnt actually matter, its not standard, just someone made it up. but he has a point that if u get taunted ur screwed. he has a fine amount of life orbs xD, no need for choice bands, or expert belts. no damp rock is a must really on a poke for a raindance team, at least one should have it. if anything go with a life orb, not steel plate XD.

edit*

on zapdos u have 2 things of the EVs in def. it says "252Hp/220Def/36Def"

Last edited: