• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my OU team: Team Balance

miamiheatballa3

260.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Swampert can Stealth Rock and Roar to cause damage to forced in pokemon, while also giving me a good look at the opponent's team. Earthquake does great whenever a pokemon weak to ground is Roared out and Ice Beam protects against Salamence, Dragonite, and Flygon.

392.png

Infernape @ Life Orb
Blaze
Naive
252 Atk | 64 Sp.Atk | 192 Spd
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Just primarily a great sweeper with good speed so if no move is going to work very well against the opposition, it can quickly U-Turn out of there.

385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Impish
240 HP | 160 Def | 76 Sp.Def | 32 Spd
- Wish
- U-Turn
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave

Wish support works great with Jirachi. Wish, then U-Turn to whoever needs to HP recovery. Can take many hits because of steel typing. It can even survive more that one hit on some Fire and Ground moves. The only move that it has been OHKO'd by is Overheat and Fire Blast.

flygon.png

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Adamant
252 Atk | 4 Sp. Def | 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Flygon's speed is great with Choice Scarf. It allows a quick U-Turn for a quick and powerful hit. Then when something that is weak to the other moves is in, you can use it for that too. Outrage is like a trump card. I was once down 4-1 with Flygon as my last and I won using Outrage.

212_scizor_1_m.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Swarm
Adamant
252 HP | 252 Atk | 4 Spd
- U-Turn
- Iron Head
- Night Slash
- Superpower

Amazing attack is really all I can say. Near max attack with Choice Band and powerful attacks works great. The only problem is it's terrible speed. That destroys Scizor when the opposition sends out a fire type to counter it. I have to let it faint, or switch out, but I can never U-Turn out.

sprite.php

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Heat Wave

A great standard wall. Can usually take 3 to 4 good x1 damage hits and 2 super effective hits. Thunderbolt causes tons of damage to pokemon not even weak to it and always OHKO's pokemon weak to it. No one expects Heat Wave. Some opponents send out an ice type to counter Zapdos and get hit by Heat Wave.

Please give me any suggestions you have, thanks.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well, this is an interesting team, and as such, will 'gracefully' pick it apart. Switching zapdos to articuno would definitely do better, especially since 95% of those switch-ins would probably be to flygon/another dragon. Infernape seems good, but an expert's belt would probably work best. As for the overall team, I see a major ice/ground weakness which could be killed by adding some sort of annoyer-threat. 6.5/10 on the team.

miamiheatballa3

Well, this is an interesting team, and as such, will 'gracefully' pick it apart. Switching zapdos to articuno would definitely do better, especially since 95% of those switch-ins would probably be to flygon/another dragon. Infernape seems good, but an expert's belt would probably work best. As for the overall team, I see a major ice/ground weakness which could be killed by adding some sort of annoyer-threat. 6.5/10 on the team.

ok thanks for the tips. what sort of annoyer-threat are you referring to? and what should be taken out for the annoyer-threat?

Mye

Someone has to win..
ok thanks for the tips. what sort of annoyer-threat are you referring to? and what should be taken out for the annoyer-threat?

I say remove swampert, shift the entire team up, and add either blissey,shuckle, or darkrai. Blissey can effectively win the game by stalling, shuckle is just plain evil when against it (480+ in each defence...), wheras darkrai can ruin most non-sub-punch sets with relative ease. Best idea would be adding a teammate with guard swap when doing 2v2....just imagine shuckle's defenses on something with 300+ speed/atk

Last edited:

miamiheatballa3

I say remove swampert, shift the entire team up, and add either blissey,shuckle, or darkrai. Blissey can effectively win the game by stalling, shuckle is just plain evil when against it (480+ in each defence...), wheras darkrai can ruin most non-sub-punch sets with relative ease. Best idea would be adding a teammate with guard swap when doing 2v2....just imagine shuckle's defenses on something with 300+ speed/atk

So you think it should look like this:

Blissey/Shuckle/Darkrai
Infernape
Articuno
Jirachi
Scizor
Flygon

oooo

Why use Articuno? You have no way of preventing stealth rocks, and cuno will not be able to wall if it loses half its health each time it switches in.

If this is an OU team, darkrai is banned. Also, shuckle and blissey make poor leads. Bliss cannot take a physical attack, and Shuckle is not terribly defensive due to low hp (especially without sandstorm support). Swampert is a good, solid lead, ot zapdos could work if neccesary. I feel that your original lineup would work better.

oooo

Why use Articuno? You have no way of preventing stealth rocks, and cuno will not be able to wall if it loses half its health each time it switches in.

If this is an OU team, darkrai is banned. Also, shuckle and blissey make poor leads. Bliss cannot take a physical attack, and Shuckle is not terribly defensive due to low hp (especially without sandstorm support). Swampert is a good, solid lead, ot zapdos could work if neccesary. I feel that your original lineup would work better.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I was actually suggesting infernape first...he could kill most leads, and blissey instead of swampert'd kill those special threats (porygon-z/alakazam).

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
You should really go for a Technician Scizor rather than one with Swarm because it offers you a far better moveset.

You can get a move like Bullet Punch which is a Steel move that allows you to go first. It's has 40 base power but with the Stab and Technician it bumps it to 80 (if I'm doing my math right) and with CB you make it even more powerful. It's still wouldn't be powerful as Iron Head but it still packs a big punch and the fact you get to strike first with it by far makes up for it.

And with Technician you could use a move like Bug Bite goes from a 60 base power move to 120 with Stab and Technician.

This is all assuming that you have HG/SS and Platinum as I don't think you have access to any of those moves in D&P

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
bullet punch is bumped up to 90 after STAB and technician
and bug bite's 135 after STAB and technician

a SD scizor is probably a better choice

scizor@leftovers / muscle band / life orb
=adamant=
~technician~
252atk / 242hp / 8spd / 8sp.def
-bullet punch
-bug bite / pursuit
-swords dance
-brick break
The Ev's let you outrun the opposing scizor and the rest into sp.def

Abbey Mae

Bullet Punch - 40 x 1.5 = 60 x 1.5 = 90.
Bug Bite - 60 x 1.5 = 90 x 1.5 = 135.
peacemaker987 is right.

I also agree with him/her about using SD Scizor as opposed to CB Scizor. Although this isn't a standard set by any means, you could try a Scizor with Agility. It'd be kind of redundant alongside Bullet Punch, but it could have some potential with Iron Head, which has a base power of 120 after STAB, and could also surprise the opponent. However, the only standard set carrying Agility is a Baton Pass set, so you might get phazed out or otherwise countered accordingly if not prepared.

If you want to use Agility, though, I think a superior option would be Agiligross. Metagross sports higher stats in all aspects than Scizor, as well as only a 2x weakness to Fire, only gaining a weakness to Ground. It has the same typing as Jirachi, however. You could try Vaporeon running Wish, Baton Pass, and two other moves (whether status or attacks) instead of Jirachi if you have concerns with that. Vaporeon is slow and bulky enough to take the hit before it Baton Passes, meaning your receiver gets free recovery. If you'd want Vaporeon to be especially slow for that to work, you could run Relaxed instead of the usual Bold.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
^ HE

anyways, If you add metagross you'd be weak to gyarados. Zapdos could probably counter it but SE would hurt because you only ran 32 in spd

oh yes, and to a lesser extent, quakedge

infernape110392

OU trainer
I think that the metagross option is a really good idea, he's got less weaknesses and more coverage with the moves it can learn, but if you like scizor than definately opt with technician, especially with moves like bullet punch and bug bite, which will allow you to keep choice band which is a good alternative to wasting the item slot with choice scarf.
Otherwise I like the team, it's creative and different, 7/10