• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rate my OU team!!!

pkmtrainer

please rate my team i need to improve somethings, but i need your opinion about which moves or pokemon should i change.

Gallade.jpg

gallade @ focus sash/steadfast
adamant nature
252 atq/252 spe/ 6 hp
-close combat
-psico cut
-shadowsneak
-swords dance

here it comes my gallade, i like to use it as a starter, cause it can deal with infernape or other starter. firsts i use close combat, because it´s one of the best close combat users, i know it lowers his stats and thats why i have focus sash. by using close combat, it almost always actives the foe´s focus sash and thats why i gave him shadowsneak to make sure i´ll atack first than him and kill ´im. psico cut is to kill the anoying gengar and to give a strong reliable stab move. and finally swords dance is to do a stat bost while hippowdon sets up stealth rock and then to atack him next turn

Bronzong.jpg

bronzong @ light clay/ levitate
relaxed nature
252 hp/ 204 sp def/ 54 atq
-reflect
-gyro ball
-stealth rock
-hypnosis

my great bronzong has such a defenses, he can take a super efective and still have more than half hp. i put him no def ev spread, because with positive nature and 31 iv in defence, it wont really need many ev spread. reflect is to boost my team´s defenses, stealth rock for obvious reasons, to hit the annoying bellydrum charizard and the annoying yanmega and hypnosis is to change to my snorlax to put some curses. gyro ball is to be able to attack when it´s taunted. if i see the oponent has a fast pokemon, it may think i wont atack and i surprise him with gyro ball, usually do this with weavile, yanmega, aerodactyl and mismagius (to break his substitutes). if bronzong gets paralized it gets more power

Snorlax.jpg

snorlax @ chesto berry/thick fat
careful nature
140 hp/ 116 def/ 252 sp def
-curse
-body slam (or should i put return?)
-crunch
-rest

my curse-lax he can sweep an entire team when being careless and with some curses, he can get a great boost in def and atq. with his spread in sp def, with reflect suport and with some curses he can be invencible in both sides, def and sp def. body slam is to hit a stab-reliable atk and crunch is to hit ghosts. rest is to restore all the hp and chesto is to woke him up

Togekiss.jpg

togekiss @ leftovers/ serene grace
lax nature
100 hp/100def/100 sp atq/100 sp def/ 100 speed
-thunder wave
-air slash
-aura sphere
-fire blast

i didnt know anything about iv´s nor ev´s when i caught so i just gave him vitamines and level him until nv 100. the only reason i´m still with him is that it got 21/x/29/31/29/21 in iv´s and he can sponge well the atacks. he´s a para-flincher so thunder wave and airslash is to flinch. aura sphere is to hit steel and rock and fireblast is my surprise element to hit metagross and scizor

gengar.jpg

gengar @ petaya berry/ levitate
252 sp atq/ 252 speed/ 6 hp
timid nature
-shadow ball
-focus blast
-thunderbolt
-substitute

substitute is to block hits (since he has bad defences) the foe´s atacks hoping one of them fails until the petaya berry actives and go on my swept
shadow ball is the reliable stab move, focus blast to hit metal, normal and rock tipe pokemon. thunderbolt is for the type coverage.

130Gyarados.png

gyarados @ leftovers / intimidate
adamant nature
156hp/74att/92def/188spe
-dragon dance
-waterfall
-stone edge
-taunt

here comes my sweeper on the late game or if i see a problem on staller i change and use taunt to force them to switch while i set up a dragondance or if i see a scizor, gyarados always force him to switch. waterfall for the stab atack, stone edge to tipe coverage, which can only be resisted by empoleon. the ev spread is to take the atacks while i set dragon dance
tell me if it needs wacan berry

Last edited:
gyro ball isn't going to suprise anyone. This kind and tr zong are very common. IMO you might as well put up light screen too and get rid of SR. If you're gunna use light clay then use it fully. also how important is having SR up to your team? Is there any reason you have it besides just to have it?

fayas222

In case you hadn't already noticed, he's trying to pull off a toxic stall Bliss. He wants to Poison his opponent and has wish and protect to either revive himself or take off an extra turn. I can see it work well against special attacking Pokemon.

I, for one, really dislike Blissey and those who use it. I think they're quite cheesy and unfair. To me, it shows a rather laziness in thinking and strategy. There are many other Pokemon who can work just as well. Consider them.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
In case you hadn't already noticed, he's trying to pull off a toxic stall Bliss. He wants to Poison his opponent and has wish and protect to either revive himself or take off an extra turn. I can see it work well against special attacking Pokemon.

I, for one, really dislike Blissey and those who use it. I think they're quite cheesy and unfair. To me, it shows a rather laziness in thinking and strategy. There are many other Pokemon who can work just as well. Consider them.

We are perfectly aware of that, thank you.
Also, no one can do as much Special walling as Blissey can.

ROFL Lax Togekiss.
Thats not the way you EV train.
Use EV-Reducing berries and change it to an offensive set, or breed another one for Modest / Timid / Calm.

Last edited:

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
A Bronzong that has a +Def nature, yet no def. EVs whatsoever. I suggest starting that over. Either get a Sassy nature Zong and put SP.Def EVs into that or get either Relaxed/Sassy and put some EVs into both defenses. *Going back to sleep now*.

pkmtrainer

i put him that ev spread cause i wanted to resist both atacks, physical and special. his iv are 31/20/31/x/20/15 so its ev spread are to raise his spdef. with positive nature and 31 iv in defence, i dont have to worry about an ev spread in def.

my togekiss got very good defences (29 iv in both spdef and def) and 31 iv in sp atk. it´s in lv 100 so i cant give him ev training...... if i´d get (which im not sure) which ev spread should i give the togekiss??

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Hey, pkmntrainer! Here to rate your team. :) I see that your team needs stealth rocks, it really helps out other sweepers turn annoying 2HKOs into OHKOs, so get rid of gallade and perhaps put Azelf or Metagross. Just a small tip, I will look at it more and get back to you later. :)

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Bronzong is a better lead because it has a set-up movepool. You need atk EVs on snorlax and togekiss could find a waaaaaaaay better EV spread. I'd put life orb on gengar as I don't think that the petaya berry is necessary.

pkmtrainer

yes i think. petaya berry can OHKO instead of 2OHKO and besides, if i´m lucky the last substitute will last, besides the substitute is for mispredicting me. ex: my opponent takes out a gyarados, he thinks i´ll use thunderbolt, so he changes to an electrivire, while i put a substitute.
other thing: i want the snorlax to be a good special sponge and to put as many curses it can, it´ll be like 3 or maybe 4, at that stages, it wont need any atk spread cause it´ll be able to OHKO or 2OHKO any pokemon without taking considerable damage
and i think i will take out my togekiss as far as i get a better poke

pkmtrainer

i think i wont take out my togekiss unless i take out a bold togekiss with +20/x/31/31/31/x

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura
OMG im rating your ou team!!!!

im so enthusiastic about pokemon, i need to use exclamation points!!!!

P.S. - That Togekiss is ****ing genius.

pkmtrainer

i´ve won a tourny battle thanks to that togekiss, he could sponge an ice punch from a CB huge power azumarril

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Even though I'm normally against KMR,

i´ve won a tourny battle thanks to that togekiss, he could sponge an ice punch from a CB huge power azumarril

See: Danbaru's EV guide.

Some of you might say, 'But hey, look! My Heatran survived that Mixape's Close Combat with its awesome defensive 252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SAtk spread!' But that's exactly the point. Sure, you survived it, so good for you, but you also have done the same with a wiser, more specific investment of EVs, saving some for the other stats, which allows it to perform even more functions.

On a side note, what is sp atq?

pkmtrainer

togekiss used airslash, then azumarril used ice punch with another airslash he could have died, but he changed to his skarmory and then i fireblast him, the skarmory died and he changed to azumarril and used aqua jet i used aura sphere and he left 20 hp, he killed togekiss with another aquajet. i took out my bronzong, he aquajet me and my bronzong finished him with gyro ball

i confused about atq it´s atk

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
togekiss used airslash, then azumarril used ice punch with another airslash he could have died, but he changed to his skarmory and then i fireblast him, the skarmory died and he changed to azumarril and used aqua jet i used aura sphere and he left 20 hp, he killed togekiss with another aquajet. i took out my bronzong, he aquajet me and my bronzong finished him with gyro ball

Soooooo, your Togekiss didn't actually kill it?!

pkmtrainer

no he couldnt, but togekiss was faster and with an airslash more, azumarril would have died, but he changed to skarmory (which died with fireblast) and azumarril changed to aqua jet

Godzilla

Banned
yo can u explain that amazing togesexy spred 2 me?

pkmtrainer

its lv 100 so i couldnt ev train him i just put him vitamines i know i have to replace him with a better togekiss, some ev spread for the new togekiss??

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
510 derp.

Simple.

Godzilla

Banned
its lv 100 so i couldnt ev train him i just put him vitamines i know i have to replace him with a better togekiss, some ev spread for the new togekiss??
give him 100 vitamines in hp so u can take those +6 passed CBTTar SE's.