• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my OU Team.

Plasma Dragon

Dragon Trainer
Hey everyone, this is my first RMT, so don't expect my team to be the best. This is my first competitive team overall, and I tried my best to cover all of thier weaknesses well. Ok, here goes:

The Lead and Stealth Rocker:

ani227.gif

SKAMORY

Impish
Shed Shell
Roost, Aerial Ace, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock
252 HP, 96 Att, 140 Def, 20 Speed

My lead, and caused some people to disconnect on me. He Steath Rocks and Whirlwinds to rack up passive damage. Uses Roost to heal and last longer. I want to use Brave Bird instead of Aerial Ace, but couldn't get it due to it being an Egg Move. Shed Shell if for Mr. Magnezone that want to switch on me.

Physical Choice Band Sweeper:

salamence.jpg

SALAMENCE

Naughty
Choice Band
Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Flamethrower
252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP

BandMence, mighty physical force. Dragon Claw/Flamethrower for unresisted coverage except Heatran, but he won't stand up to an EQ anyway. EQ and Stone Edge for unresisted coverage other than Breloom. Flamethrower covers him and Steel Types. Other than that, he's pretty self explanatory. Just hits hard, pure power.

Standard Physical Sweeper:

376.png

METAGROSS

Adamant
Life Orb
Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Agility, Thunderpunch
252 Att, 152 HP, 104 Speed

Agility-Gross. Meteor Mash is the obvious STAB. Thunerpunch is for those Bulky Waters and Gyardos that wants to try to wall me, and Earthquake is for type coverage and take care of Magnezone that wants to trap me. Agility helps me set up to sweep and outspeed a load of Pokemon.

Mixed Sweeper:

230.gif

KINGDRA

Naughty
Mystic Water
Swift Swim
Rain Dance, Waterfall, Surf, Dragon Pulse
252 Att, 64 Speed, 192 Sp. Att

Standard Rain Dance Kingdra. Mystic Water + STAB + Rain Dance is just awesome. Waterfall and Surf for different defensive Pokemon. Dragon Pulse is the other additional STAB. This is only resisted by Empoleon (have him covered) and Shedinja (people use him?). This Kingdra is pretty straightfoward.

Special Sweeper:

579634-starmie_large.jpg

STARMIE

Timid
Natural Cure
Wise Glasses
Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Recover
170 HP, 216 Speed, 120 Sp. Att

Standard Special Based Starmie. Ice Beam + Thunderbolt Combo is always nice, and STAB Surf is always welcome. Recover to wear off any passive damage or used when predicting foe will switch to a Starmie counter, which this moveset usually covers. Was considering Psychic, but I personally like Recover better.

The Annoyer and Supporter:

tangrowth.png

TANGROWTH

Impish
Leftovers
Sleep Powder, Power Whip, Knock Off, Leech Seed
252 HP, 228 Def, 28 Speed

I used to use an Arcanine, but decided on Tangrowth for more Type Coverage and more support. I guess you can consider him somewhat of a Physical Tank, but not really. Knock Off to cripple opponents who are item dependent and reveal moves. Sleep Powder to force switch ins and of course status, and when the foe switches and I predict it, Leech Seed thier counter, and sap their HP away to make Tangrowth last longer.

Well, there you go. I hope to get some good criticism. I'll listen to any advice. I really want help on my team! =)

Skarm wants Drill Peck over AA and since Tangys speed is already bad you can put the spe EVs in atk cuz u hve 2 physical moves. Life orb Starmie is better than WG since u hve Recover.

Last edited:

Plasma Dragon

Dragon Trainer
Ok, thanks. I was trying to get Drill Peck before, but didn't know it was an Egg Move. So I need to redo that. Life Orb Starmie does sound better though, and I might change his nature to Modest. Tangrowth probably doesn't need the Speed EVs like you said, so I might change those.

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
Starmie doesn't need life orb. As you won't be wanting to take extra damage, and won't need to waste turns recovering. Consider Leftovers, and a Modest nature works fine.

If you want a Starmie with more power I suggest you try a ScarfMie. Handy for outspeeding Salamence after 1 DD as well as Gyara after a DD and outrunning Empoleon after an Aglitiy (iirc).

121.png

Starmie
Choice Scarf
Modest (+SpA -Att)
6Hp 252SpA 252Spe
-Surf
-Thunder Bolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin/Grass Knot

EVs allow for Max Special Attack which 2HKOs Heatran while Speed outruns +1 Niave DDMence. You lose survivablilty but you said you were looking for more power anyway Xp

Plasma Dragon

Dragon Trainer
Wow, someone suggested that same Starmie with the same exact wording and smilies too on Smogon.

Anyway, I was thinking of changing Starmie to that set for more Power. He isn't doing as much damage as he should. =[

With Salamence, seeing as it's EV's are in Attack, wouldn't Fire Fang be a better replacement? (Move re learner if you want Fire Fang)

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
With Salamence, seeing as it's EV's are in Attack, wouldn't Fire Fang be a better replacement? (Move re learner if you want Fire Fang)

That or he could try Fire Blast for more power, since there are no EVs in special attack. Fire Blast does target Skarmory and other steels' lower special defense.

MajinSageofDarkness

Dragon Trainer Lance
Hey everyone, this is my first RMT, so don't expect my team to be the best. This is my first competitive team overall, and I tried my best to cover all of thier weaknesses well. Ok, here goes:

ani227.gif

SKAMORY

Impish
Shed Shell
Roost, Aerial Ace, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock

My lead, and caused some people to disconnect on me. He Steath Rocks and Whirlwinds to rack up passive damage. Uses Roost to heal and last longer. I want to use Brave Bird instead of Aerial Ace, but couldn't get it due to it being an Egg Move. Shed Shell if for Mr. Magnezone that want to switch on me.

Looks good to me. Maybe add Brave Bird over Aerial Ace? Though the 100% Hit ratio is good for Double Teamers.

salamence.jpg

SALAMENCE

Naughty
Choice Band
Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Flamethrower
252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP

BandMence, mighty physical force. Dragon Claw/Flamethrower for unresisted coverage except Heatran, but he won't stand up to an EQ anyway. EQ and Stone Edge for unresisted coverage other than Breloom. Flamethrower covers him and Steel Types. Other than that, he's pretty self explanatory. Just hits hard, pure power.

Looks fine to me. Maybe Fire Blast to OHTO Steels, or else use Fire Fang for the 2HTO like Flame Thrower.

376.png

METAGROSS

Adamant
Life Orb

Agility-Gross. Meteor Mash is the obvious STAB. Thunerpunch is for those Bulky Waters and Gyardos that wants to try to wall me, and Earthquake is for type coverage and take care of Magnezone that wants to trap me. Agility helps me set up to sweep and outspeed a load of Pokemon.

Mixed Sweeper:

Needs Explosion as you're using Life Orb. Maybe drop Agility.

230.gif

KINGDRA

Naughty
Mystic Water
Swift Swim
Rain Dance, Waterfall, Surf, Dragon Pulse

Standard Rain Dance Kingdra. Mystic Water + STAB + Rain Dance is just awesome. Waterfall and Surf for different defensive Pokemon. Dragon Pulse is the other additional STAB. This is only resisted by Empoleon (have him covered) and Shedinja (people use him?). This Kingdra is pretty straightfoward.

Special Sweeper:

No problems here. Maybe Damp Rock?

579634-starmie_large.jpg

STARMIE

Timid
Natural Cure
Wise Glasses
Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Recover
170 HP, 216 Speed, 120 Sp. Att

Standard Special Based Starmie. Ice Beam + Thunderbolt Combo is always nice, and STAB Surf is always welcome. Recover to wear off any passive damage or used when predicting foe will switch to a Starmie counter, which this moveset usually covers. Was considering Psychic, but I personally like Recover better.

Recover is better but if you run Psychic use Choice Specs.

tangrowth.png

TANGROWTH

Impish
Leftovers

I used to use an Arcanine, but decided on Tangrowth for more Type Coverage and more support. I guess you can consider him somewhat of a Physical Tank, but not really. Knock Off to cripple opponents who are item dependent and reveal moves. Sleep Powder to force switch ins and of course status, and when the foe switches and I predict it, Leech Seed thier counter, and sap their HP away to make Tangrowth last longer.

Standard - No real problems.

Well, there you go. I hope to get some good criticism. I'll listen to any advice. I really want help on my team! =)

I like the team very much - A nice mix. I did feel you have a lot of sweepers but if that's the way you want to run your team then great, if not try to find a bulky defensive Pokémon to add over one of your Physical Sweepers.

Could you take a look at my team. The link is in my sig.

Final

I Submit to No One
@ MajinSageofDarkness: Double Team is banned in Standard play.

Now to the team:

ani227.gif

SKAMORY

Impish
Shed Shell
Roost, Drill Peck, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock

Drill Peck is a more powerful option over Aerial Ace. Double Team is banned in Standard play anyway. The rest seems fine.

salamence.jpg

SALAMENCE

Naughty
Choice Band
Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Fire Blast
252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Att

Fire Blast is a much more powerful option over Flamethrower and without Life Orb to boost it, Mence needs the extra power of it. The remaining 4 EVs in HP are better in Special Attack unless they let Mence switch into Stealth Rock 4 times without going down in which case leave them in HP. Outrage is also an option over Dragon Claw for more power if you don't mind being forced to stay in for 2 or 3 turns.

376.png

METAGROSS

Adamant
Life Orb

Eh. Looks fine to me.

Mixed Sweeper:

230.gif

KINGDRA

Naughty
Mystic Water
Swift Swim
Rain Dance, Waterfall, Surf, Outrage

You have Shedinja covered by something else so who care's if you can't hit it directly with this? It can't do anything to Skarm and it can't come in without going down once Rocks are up. I would personally use Outrage over Dragon Pulse for a more powerful secondary STAB.

Special Sweeper:

579634-starmie_large.jpg

STARMIE

Modest Nature
Choice Scarf
Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Rapid Spin
4 HP, 252 Sp. Att, 252 Spe

The Choice Scarf set is better. Outspeeding the likes of Mence and Gyarados after a Dragon Dance are really handy when you can KO them with Thunderbolt and Ice Beam respectively. Rapid Spin may seem out of place but being able to almost always get one off before being hit is always handy. And don't use Psychic. Starmie gets better coverage with its other moves without it. The only thing you'll really hit harder with it is Lanturn but who uses that?

tangrowth.png

TANGROWTH

Impish
Leftovers

Eh. Seems OK to me.

Suggestions in bold. Starmie seems like a big threat to this team. 4 of the 6 Pokemon are hit Super Effectively and don't have particularly high Special Defense. Metagross can't take repeated beatings from Surf or Hydro Pump but has ThunderPunch which will hurt it. Kingdra can come in on a Water move but anything else will do real damage. You can beat Starmie but you don't currently have a solid counter for it. Scarf Starmie can't come in on anything but a resisted move but will beat it if the opposing Starmie isn't Scarfed. If the opposing Starmie is Scarfed, hope it has a lower Speed IV than yours, isn't running max Speed or you win the Speed tie if one happens.

There's probably more threats than that to your team but that's the most obvious one to me.

NATHAN J GUSTO

Fighting Gym Leader
u killed me with them