• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so here's my problem.

I play single battles for fun on Wifi but I've won few times and lost countless times to these somehow ridiculously good Japanese players. I just want your general opinion on this team (Strategy, combinations, moves, etc.) and ideas on how I can tweak it.

:635:

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Atk
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Superpower
Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is my favorite sweeper in OU and in Pokemon, overall. His Special Attacks is superb and its movepool can cover a wide variety of enemies. Dark Pulse gets STAB so its powered up even more. Fire Blast covers its Bug and Ice weaknesses. Draco Meteor and Superpower are more last resort or overkill moves for me.
I chose the Expert Belt because I score a lot of supereffective hits with Hydreigon and I could power them up even more for tankers like Blissey and Dusknoir (I didn't give it the Life Orb, and I'll explain later). However, Hydreigon is constantly outrun due to its Speed and it really doesn't like Fighting-Type Moves.

;212;

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/228 Def/24 HP
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Protect
Bug Bite

Not much I can say about Scizor. Item-wise, I'm not sure what to give it, so I gave it an Iron Plate to power up Bullet Punch. Anyway, Bullet Punch, in this metagame, is self explanatory. Superpower, I use as a last minute powerhouse, like Hydreigon; lowers Attack, but I get a ton of power. Bug Bite gets STAB and reaches a Power of at least 90, thanks to Technician. Also, the move eats berries and I like that.
Scizor is slow though and its Special Defense is shaky. One Fire Type Move will knock it right out, so that's why I found the Occa Berry useless.

:593:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP/228 SpD/24 SpA (estimated; this was on my team for a while)
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Scald
Recover

Jellicent is an excellent Special Tank and can resist heavy Electric Hitters like Thunderbolt. My strategy against Fast Pokemon is to use Toxic and spam Recovers. I occasionally use a Shadow Ball or a Scald, if enemy is weak. For slower Pokemon, I follow the same routine except that I throw in some more Shadow Balls and Scalds. Jellicent has saved me on countlesss occasions and is probably the most reliable tanker I have ever used (Blissey disappointed me).

I still have a few problems, though. My strategy is changed when a Steel Pokemon comes out; Toxic is rendered useless and I have to hope for a burn with Scald.

;461;

Weavile @ Muscle Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Swords Dance (not sure if this a good idea)
Low Kick

This is my anti-Dragon Pokemon; it can outrun Garchomp and Salamence & OHKO with Ice Punch easily. Night Slash is for Psychics and Ghosts and used primarily for STAB. Swords Dance may not have been a good idea as Weavile can last up to 2 hits, if lucky. Low Kick has a story behind it but here's the summary: tankers and Mamoswine. I read that Low Kick can reach a power of 120 if the Pokemon is as heavy as Mamoswine. The Muscle Band was used in place of a Life Orb; I'll just say it now - I used it on a Salamence, which I am considering replacing.
Weavile has 2 super duper fatal flaw; so many weaknesses (Fire, Rock, Steel, Fighing and Bug). Also, this Pokemon is very bad defensively; you don't have to use a STAB move or supereffective move to take it out; yes, I know it's not a tank, but I use it as an Anti-Dragon Sweeper.

;227;

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def/202 HP/48 SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
Whirlwind
Roost
Stealth Rock
Spikes

Ah, the classic Skamory; OU since RSE. This is a classic Skarmory build and I use this as a battlefield setup. This is also the only Physical Tank on my team (aside from Skarmory, but 1 Fire Move and it's OHKO). I put in Spikes and Stealth Rock because I was surprised at how much damage it could do; sure, it's unorthodox but I like the HP Advantage at the beginning. Roost restores my HP as a stall method to Physical Sweepers; Whirlwind makes use of the Stealth Rock and Spikes by automatically switching out.
I don't see much wrong with Skarmory aside from its bad Special Defense and the amount of Special Attack Fire Moves out there; I also learned that Skarmory is weak to Electric and not many Physical ones exist either. Aside from weaknesses, I love Skarmory.

;373;

Salamence @ Life Orb (here it is)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Wow, this has been a disappointment. I see stuff saying Salamence one of the best Physical Sweepers out there; my god..this Pokemon is overrated. That or I'm using it wrong.
Anyway, aside from its severe allergy to Ice Moves and slightly low Defenses, Salamence has been useful a few times; I could OHKO Pokemon on those rare occasions and it is not a bad Dragon Dance user. This Pokemon's Speed is something to be reckoned with; it is one of the fastest Pokemon in the game next to Garchomp. This is the 2nd fastest Pokemon on my team next to Weavile. I'm probably being to harsh on Salamence but I'd like some suggestions for a replacement.

Anyway, this is my Random Matchup team (so far). I'd really appreciate your critiques; please, be as harsh as you like; I want to improve my team and play better on Wi-Fi

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Closing this, you literally have three RMTs of the exact same team with same descriptions, with only minor differences between the 1st and the rest (1st one is staying open)

Status
Not open for further replies.