• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Pearl team

This is my after-E4(and wi-fi) team. Any suggestions are welcome(well... maybe not):

Jibacoil
Trait: Magnet Pull
Nature: Bold/Calm
Item: Leftovers/Beautiful Skin(lol)
~Thunderbolt
~Electrolevitate
~Hidden Power - Ice
~Tri Attack/Thunder Wave/Explosion

LOL UFO! Thunderbolt for STAB, HP-Ice for lol Boltbeam; switch on random Flying attacks and Electrolevitate, so it can LOL at Earthquake; I'm not sure about the last move; Tri Attack is kinda novelty, Thunder Wave because it's smexy and Explosion for... huh, Blisseys? This Jibacoil's major counter is another Jibacoil with HP-Ground, but maybe, with some EVs at SPD, mine could outspeed foe's, LOL at the HP and try to screw the other one in four turns... Argh, I'm not sure about him now :/

Manmoo
Trait: Snow Hide
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers/Adherence Scarf
~Curse/Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Ice Pebble

Lol monster. Earthquake for STAB, Stone Edge for CH, Ice Pebble for Gablias/Salamence; Stealth Rock because I liked it.

Flygon
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Band
~Dragon Claw
~Somersault
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Flying strange bug please. It's a shame he doesn't learn Dragon Dance, but meh. So, he'll be just a physical sweeper. Smexy QuakeSlide combo because he can, Dragon Claw for STAB and Somersault for... Dotaitos?

Roselady
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest/Timid
Item: Leftovers, maybe?
~Sunny Day
~Solarbeam
~Weather Ball
~HP Ice

She pwnz you all. Period.

Starmie
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid/Modest
Item: Leftovers
~Shadow Ball
~Rapid Spin
~Thunder Wave
~Recover

OK, pretty crappy. I'm sorry, but I REALLY need some Rapid Spinner.

Fuwaraido
Trait: Acrobatic
Nature: Bold
Item: Salac/Starf Berry
~Calm Mind
~Substitute
~Baton Pass
~Hypnosis/Eerie Wind/Stockpile

Yay, exploding baloons! I don't about the last move; Eerie Wind for novelty or Hypnosis, so he can boost quietly? Or maybe Stockpile because of the defense boost...

The major problem with this team is Ice Beam. Any suggestion of a Ice-resist pokémon, maybe?

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot the EVs. I can't post now, later I'll do it.

Last edited:

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Magnecoil@lefties
Modest Nature
- T-Bolt
- Luster Cannon
- Electrolevitate
- Substitute / T-Wave / Metal Sound

What are the chances you will get a decent hp [Ice] ingame anyway? Go with either of the three moves suggested since they actually work pretty well ingame.

Manmoo@Choice Band / lefties
Adamant Nature
- Ice Pebble / Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Manmoo's actually got some decent speed behind it, so Curse is somewhat wasted on it. Choice Bander set would do pretty well for it. Snow Slide is not suggested since it won't really dent stuff if you're fast.

Flygon@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Meteoric Swarm

Flygon needs Adamant more for all physical sets. Screechgon is still pretty effective though if you don't want CBgon.

Flygon@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Screech
- Dragon Claw

Yes, it's Screech. It's one of the few ways to make bulky waters back off since none of them like taking a Screeched Earthquake with STAB to the face.

Roselady@lefties
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Venusaur's moveset. Roselady doesn't really have the defense to pull this off as effectively as Venusaur would, but she makes up for it with speed.

Starmie@lefties
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- T-Bolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover / Surf

Basic Boltbeamer with Rapid Spin. Recover helps you survive longer, but if you want a STAB attack go with Surf.

Fuwaraido@Salac / Petaya Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Eerie Wind
- Baton Pass
- T-Bolt / Substitute

Substitute is a good option because of its massive hp, but it also means you would be screwed against a Normal type with Taunt.

Edit: Yay for new rank.