• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my (planned) Emerald team!

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
This is my planned Emerald team, that I'll be using when I get the game (which is coming soon). Hope you like it! I'll put natures here, but they won't neccesarily be used.

Blaziken
Mild/Rash | Blaze
~Overheat
~Brick Break
~Bulk Up
~Slash
My mixed attacker. I'll generally Overheat anything that resists Brick Break or Slash. Bulk up to boost my defence and my attack, and Brick Break for STAB. Slash is there for anything that resists BB and Overheat.

Flygon
Jolly | Levitate
~Earthquake
~Dragon Claw
~Rock Slide
~Swords Dance
SD boost, QuakeEdge coverage, Dragon Claw STAB. Easy.

Dusclops
Careful | Pressure
~Shadow Ball
~Calm Mind
~Psychic
~ThunderPunch
CM boost, Shadow Ball STAB, Psychic and TP is there for a bit of coverage. Not too sure about this though...

Azumarill
Modest | Huge Power
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Hidden Power Grass/Body Slam
~???
Surf STAB, Ice Beam coverage, HP Grass or Body Slam for coverage too.

Ninjask
Impish | Speed boost
~X Scissor
~Hidden Power Fighting/Dig
~Swords Dance
~Shadow Ball
Ninjask Ingame? Yes it is! SD for sweeping, Shadow Ball and Dig/HP Fighting are coverage, and X Scissor for STAB.

Cacturne
Naughty/Lonely | Sand Veil
~Giga Drain
~Growth
~Faint Attack
~ThunderPunch
Giga Drain and Faint Attack for STAB, Growth for boosting, TPunch for Skarmory and other steels.

Attachments

• Spr_5b_330.png
    Spr_5b_330.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Looking good, but how can Flygon learn Rock Slide in Emerald?
And X-scissor came out in DPpt

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Blaziken @Shell Bell
Mild Nature
~ Flamethrower
~ ThunderPunch
~ Rock Slide
~ Sky Uppercut

Bulk Up is a no-no on a mixed sweeper ;)

Dusclops @Leftovers
Careful Nature
~ Toxic
~ Protect
~ Seismic Toss
~ Confuse Ray

Dusclops absolutely dosen't have the Sp.Atk to be a sweeper.

KingWiggins

Blaziken @ Unknown (Leftovers/Shell Bell/Salac Berry, maybe)
Mild/Rash
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Swords Dance outclasses Bulk Up by a mile. In two of these babies, your attack raises by 4. Brick Break is for stab, and with Rock Slide, it gives good coverage. Fire Blast is GREAT for Stab can be exchanged with Flamethrower for better accuracy.

Flygon looks good. Including Jolly Flygon, and probably works good with Salac Berry to if your giving it Swords Dance, but if you can't get it give it Leftovers.

Duslops works better as a wall.
Duslops @ Leftovers
Nature: Lax
Shadow Ball
Seismic Toss
Mean Look/Rest
Toxic/Curse
Shadow Ball and Seismic toss for coverage. Toxic Works good with Mean Look, but Curse can work good with either Mean look or Rest. (Have to put ALOT of EV's in its HP, Special Defence, and Defence though)

Azumarill should never be modest with Huge Power. Give it it Huge Power because it sucks in Special Attack though.
Azumarill @ Quick Claw/Leichi Berry/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (with Huge Power)
Subsitute
Focus Punch
Hidden Power Ghost/Rock
Sing/Hydro Pump/Return

Never used it, but Sub Punch seems strong.

Ninjask gets X scizzor is 3rd gen? I think not. Anyways, just replace it with it a Bug type move/Hidden Power Bug.

Cacturne looks good too.

Do you know what Items you are going to give them? I laid some out, but maybe you have something else in mind.

Last edited:
What about my team?

Blaziken - Flygon - Wailord - Gardevoir - Hariyama - Salamence

Could you pls give me an idea about movesets, items, natures?

I don't think Hariyama is a good choice and I don't have any electric type Pkm? Can it be Pichu (with Volt Tackle, may be ^^)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
What about my team?

Blaziken - Flygon - Wailord - Gardevoir - Hariyama - Salamence

Could you pls give me an idea about movesets, items, natures?

I don't think Hariyama is a good choice and I don't have any electric type Pkm? Can it be Pichu (with Volt Tackle, may be ^^)

Make your own thread for that team,posting on somebody else's thread is just rude.

Flygon @Shell Bell
Mild Nature
~ Flamethrower
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw
~ Rock Slide

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Try Rock Slide over Slash and Sword Dance over Bulk Up on Blaziken. Blaziken needs the extra Attack boost more than the defense boost.
Make your own thread for that team,posting on somebody else's thread is just rude.

Flygon @Shell Bell
Mild Nature
~ Flamethrower
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw
~ Rock Slide
This. Totally unbeatable and it nails Salamence.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Thanks everyone! The ideas look great, and I didn't know X Scissor was 4th gen. Hmm... I am a bit unsure of Cacturne and Azumarill, as they aren't exactly that great. But the feedback is great. Thank you!

KingWiggins

Thanks everyone! The ideas look great, and I didn't know X Scissor was 4th gen. Hmm... I am a bit unsure of Cacturne and Azumarill, as they aren't exactly that great. But the feedback is great. Thank you!

They aren't but if this is only in-game, it doesn't matter that much. Azumarill is not that bad with Huge Power, and at least Cacturne doesn't get hurt in sandstorms.

NoteLobo

Banned
Oh Emerald my favorite Pokemon game of all time, the game which I based by entire clan around, the game that I have played through more times then I can count......... WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Not using Absol? Not using Haryiama? WHAT IS THIS SILLINESS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Aside from that I don't see any big problems with this team.