• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Platinum Battle Tower Team!

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
This my first time ever making an EV trained team, but if you think it sucks, dont be afraid to be harsh. I'll gladly accept harsh criticism. :)

Gyrados(Adamant)w/Leftovers
252 ATK/252 SPD/6 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang

Pretty generic Gyrados. Intimidate+Leftovers helps a bit with physical attackers,and Stone Edge is for smacking other Water types. Not much to say here, really.

Lucario(Timid)w/Choice Specs
252 SP.ATK/252 SPD/6 HP
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Vacuum Wave
-Dragon Pulse

Replaced Tyranitar with this. Fighting+Ghost is unresisted, Vacuum Wave is for fast and/or weakened pokes, and Dragon Pulse is just extra. Aura Sphere also removes those pesky double team spammers.

Garchomp(Jolly)w/Life Orb
252 ATK/252 SPD/6 HP
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang

A standard SD Chomp. Swords Dance+Life Orb+Outrage=Destruction. :)

Rate away!

Last edited:
All of your Pokemon are filling too similar roles. Drop any of them, really. A good Sp.Attacker could be handy. If you keep Tyranitar, remember that the other members should be able to benefit from Sandstorm, or be bulky enough to take the additional damage.

Lucario makes a good Sp.Attacker if you keep Tyranitar. Of course, this adds to a Ground/Fighting weakness, so Gliscor could be a good Pokemon to have for backup.

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I actually like your Lucario suggestion alot. I got rid of Tyranitar. Tyrantitar just seemed to be the least useful member of my team. I dunno. Maybe I just have a vendetta against him because it took so long to get a larvitar with even remotely good IV's. Plus they're annoying to catch.Both of Lucario's weaknesses are taken care of by Gyrados,so they aren't too much of a problem. I don't know what to put in Lucarios fourth slot though.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
252 SP.ATK/252 SPD/6 HP
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Dragon Pulse

I believe that's his usual special set.

randomspot555

252 SP.ATK/252 SPD/6 HP
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Dragon Pulse

There's also Hidden Power, but the only one that would be a decent option is Hidden Power Ice or Hidden Power Fire.

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thanks for the suggestions. :) They're very helpful. Do I really need Dragon Pulse if I already have a Garchomp? Plus, I would like to have Vacuum Wave incase something is faster then Lucario but weak to Fighting, like Sneasel/Weavile. Psychic is good though, I'll put that in my fourth moveslot.

Thanks for the suggestions. They're very helpful. Do I really need Dragon Pulse if I already have a Garchomp?

You don't need it, but it's one of Lucario's more useful Special Moves.

Plus, I would like to have Vacuum Wave incase something is faster then Lucario but weak to Fighting, like Sneasel/Weavile. Psychic is good though, I'll put that in my fourth moveslot.

Actually, Psychic gets horrible type coverage. Put Vacuum Wave there, because the slot is pretty much filler.

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I do have Vacuum Wave. My Lucario's moveset, which I posted in my first post, is Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball/Vacuum Wave/Psychic. I didn't put Dragon Pulse because Gyrados has Ice Fang and Garchomp has Outrage, so Dragons are already taken care of. Since i'm not using Dragon Pulse, Psychic is all I really have to put there.

I do have Vacuum Wave. My Lucario's moveset, which I posted in my first post, is Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball/Vacuum Wave/Psychic. I didn't put Dragon Pulse because Gyrados has Ice Fang and Garchomp has Outrage, so Dragons are already taken care of. Since i'm not using Dragon Pulse, Psychic is all I really have to put there.

*facepalm* Dragon Pulse is not there to only hit Dragons, it's used for Neutral coverage. :| And did you even listen to what I said about Psychic. IT GETS BAD COVERAGE. DON'T USE IT. EVER. Unless you get STAB.

If you ask me, Gyara should be running a Bulkier EV Spread. Try 156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe.

The Team's very Hax Weak. Double Teamers and such will run through it pretty easily on the later floors.

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You've got a point there with the hax. Aura Sphere does have perfect accuracy, but if Lucario is taken down or the DTer is resistant to Fighting I could be in trouble.

Maybe I should replace Fire Fang on Chomp with Aerial Ace?
But then Bronzong would be a problem...