• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Platinum Team Please

Wassay

EpicNabOnHisWay!!!~~
Hellows people. Is this a good Party to go with to the Battle Frontair

Garchomp:Dragon Fang Navie Nature

Dragon Rush
Draco Meteor
Subsitute
Dragon Claw

Charizard:Charcoal Adamant Nature
Flamethrower
Blast Burn
Wing Attack
Flare Biltz

Empoleon:Shell Bell Docile Nature
Hydro Cannon
Surf
Waterfall
Earthquake

Torterra:Miracle Seed Naughty Nature
Leaf Storm
Earthquake
Frenzy Plant
Razor Leaf

(Next comeing Tyrainitar)

Can you guys tell me any improvements and rate it?

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
Very vulnerable to Ice (you'd say Charizard, but ice is usually compound. A good ice/water combo can knock out everyone on your team except Empoleon). Basically, anything from a Mamoswine to a different Empoleon can kill you easily.

Draco Meteor isn't a good choice for Garchomp. Go with outrage or something. And give it EQ. EQ + STAB + Garchomp = Win. Charizard has higher special attack, so adamant is kind of a bad nature in my opinion, unless you're going for a mixed Charizard. Torterra's special attack is weak, so replace Frenzy Plant and Leaf Storm with Wood Hammer and, like, Synthesis, Wood Hammar and Seed Bomb. Again, Empoleon's special attack is much better than it's attack. Remove Earthquake and Waterfall and give it Ice Beam and something else (rain dance, maybe). Basically, this team requires a complete overhaul. The roster is kind of unoriginal, the movesets don't agree with the base stats, and no. Too many common weaknesses to get anywhere near Battle Frontier championship

Wassay

EpicNabOnHisWay!!!~~
Very vulnerable to Ice (you'd say Charizard, but ice is usually compound. A good ice/water combo can knock out everyone on your team except Empoleon). Basically, anything from a Mamoswine to a different Empoleon can kill you easily.

Draco Meteor isn't a good choice for Garchomp. Go with outrage or something. And give it EQ. EQ + STAB + Garchomp = Win. Charizard has higher special attack, so adamant is kind of a bad nature in my opinion, unless you're going for a mixed Charizard. Torterra's special attack is weak, so replace Frenzy Plant and Leaf Storm with Wood Hammer and, like, Synthesis, Wood Hammar and Seed Bomb. Again, Empoleon's special attack is much better than it's attack. Remove Earthquake and Waterfall and give it Ice Beam and something else (rain dance, maybe). Basically, this team requires a complete overhaul. The roster is kind of unoriginal, the movesets don't agree with the base stats, and no. Too many common weaknesses to get anywhere near Battle Frontier championship

Okay so I should go over and cheak my SpAttack and Attack then change my attacks?

Edit:|Btw whts EQ? and Stab?

Last edited:

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
EQ = Earthquake
STAB = Same Type Attack Boost (if a water type uses a water move or a fire type uses a fire move, the attack's power gets boosted 50%. Very useful)

Wassay

EpicNabOnHisWay!!!~~
EQ = Earthquake
STAB = Same Type Attack Boost (if a water type uses a water move or a fire type uses a fire move, the attack's power gets boosted 50%. Very useful)

So give Grachomp EQ? And delted Draco Meteor and???

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
Substitute seems pretty useless unless you're subing something. Maybe remove Draco meteor and Dragon Rush and Replace it with Focus Punch and Earthquake. Then you can have a SubPunching Garchomp

Wassay

EpicNabOnHisWay!!!~~
Substitute seems pretty useless unless you're subing something. Maybe remove Draco meteor and Dragon Rush and Replace it with Focus Punch and Earthquake. Then you can have a SubPunching Garchomp

I only have subsitution beacuse if i used surf with my empoleon my grachomp would get ko'd so I use Sub then i use Surf o.o
Btw where do I find Rain Dance? i am lost looking for it

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
Then Protect is better if you want to stop if from being hit by surf. And go to help section for TM finding

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Garchomp
Adamant/Jolly/Naive/Hasty Nature
~Fire Blast/Flamethrower
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge

Empoleon
Modest Nature
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Grass Knot
~Agility/Flash Cannon (the first 3 attacks already covers what Flash Cannon can covers, though)

Charizard @ Wide Lens
Modest/Timid Nature
~Heat Wave
~Dragon Pulse
~Focus Blast
~Air Slash

Torterra @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
~Earthquake
~Wood Hammer
~Stone Edge
~Leech Seed

Tyranitar
Adamant Nature
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Crunch
~Dragon Dance

You can trade some blue shards for Rain Dance TM in a house near the river on that rainy route.

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
I say Flash Cannon on Empoleon. It's a great STAB. And also, unless you're going to EV Garchomp in some Special Attack, there are better Fire physical moves.

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
^Actually, Flash Cannon is pretty bad on him. Doesn't give him good coverage :/

And even with no Evs in Satk, Adamant Garchomp Fire Blast does more damage to stuff like Skarmory than Fire Fang would do ;)

Btw, Torterra wants Impish nature. And your team is kinda Gyara weak. You might want to change one of your members to a Gyarados counter ( top of my head, Porygon 2 )

Porygon 2 ( Bold )@Leftovers
Trait: Trace
-Recover
-Discharge / Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Toxic / Thunder Wave ( if you went with Thunderbolt )

Discharge vs Thunderbolt is Paralyze vs power. Your choice there. He also counters Salamence and Heatran FYI.

Last edited:

Wassay

EpicNabOnHisWay!!!~~
Can you guys also give me a choice of picking 1 or another

Dragonite Nature Adamant

Dragon Dance
Thunder
Aqua Tail
Draco Meator

Or....

Gallade Navie Nature
Future Sight
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Psychic

Metergross Brave Nature
Metter Mash
Calm Mind
Giga Impact
Grass Knot

Any Improvements? Can you tell me if its any good if I should use these pokemons as a 3 pokemon party team or anyone of these. I just want to know ^-^

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
STAB gives some good power against Grass and Dragon, but come to think of it... It isn't as good compared to Surf when they're both STAB. Also, again, unless you're going for a mixed Garchomp, SCRAP DRACO METEOR AND THUNDER. Replace Meteor with Outrage or Dragon Claw, and give it EQ. EQ on Garchomp = 100 Power *1.5 for STAB = Incredibly Power