• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Platinum team

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Here is the team I used to beat the E4 for the second time:

Roserade @ Big Root (which does absolutely nothing)
Level 67
Ability: Poison Point
- Sunny Day
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Medicham @ Mind Plate (screw the Power Bracer)
Level 68
Ability: Pure Power
- Substitute
- Hi Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Level 67
Ability: Sand Veil
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Magnezone @ no item
Level 65
Ability: Magnet Pull
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Discharge
- Charge Beam

Staraptor @ Sky Plate
Level 69
Ability: Intimidate
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Fly
- Close Combat

Infernape @ Flame Plate
Level 70
Ability: Blaze
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- ThunderPunch

So, yeah, folks, this is my team.

Last edited:

Holthyr

Suicune Tamer
I'm pretty sure you should read the rules for how to post in this thread. We need to know things like what you plan to do with the team EV's and IV's if you know them. Also I for one would preffer moves to be put on this page not in a different page.

KillerDraco

I'm pretty sure you should read the rules for how to post in this thread. We need to know things like what you plan to do with the team EV's and IV's if you know them. Also I for one would preffer moves to be put on this page not in a different page.

If you're going to tell someone to read the rules, maybe you should read them yourself first. EVs are optional for in-game rates (given it's not practical to EV train during the earliest parts of the game), and IV breeding for in-game is outright overkill; 99.9% of threads in the in-game rate section won't have IVs listed. In-game and competitive sections do have very different requirements, after all, and EVs are not a requirement for in-game.

That aside, most of the team is pretty standard. The HMs are obvious "eh" moves, (especially Surf on 'Chomp), but I guess it just means you chose that route over the "HM slave" route. It can't be helped.

Though one thing that does come to mind is that I personally prefer Rock Slide or Stone Edge over Crunch on Garchomp for coverage reasons, but I'm assuming Crunch is on him to act as an anti-Lucian for the Elite Four.

Also I find it odd that Medicham is holding a Mind Plate, but has no psychic moves. It could perhaps benefit from Psycho Cut for added coverage, but that'd require an HM to drop, or to replace one of the two fighting moves. Ironic that neither of the fighting moves are as good as their Gen V variants. Or if you wanted to keep a fully fighting + HM movepool, at least switch out its item; there's always Fist Plate, though given it's already on Infernape, you'd need to switch it or dig up another from the Underground.

Big Root on Roserade also does nothing; no draining moves. Wise Glasses might serve as a better alternative, given its fully special movepool (minus cut which you're never going to use in a serious battle anyway).

Just my 2 cents.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
What is that Big Root doing on Roserade? It has no HP draining move.....also, Sunny Day does almost nothing for your team, in fact it gives you more disadvantage than advantage.

Medicham holding a Power Bracer.......I'll assume you were EV training it.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Link'sTime, read the rules. That is not a rate.

UbersSuck20 also read the rules and use the format please, this is difficult to navigate.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
If you want to use Big Root on Roserade you should trach it Giga Drain. On Magnezone, use Magnet Rise over Thunder. Also, Substitute doesn't di anything for Medicham. Use Meditate instead.