• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Pokemon White Team

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I didn't really look at my pokemon last team I posted (I was marveling at my new found gift at pictures) so I'm making another one. I hope you like it. The Team:

th_604.gif
@ Poison Gem
Modest/Levitate
~Acid Spray
~Thunderbolt
~Flamethrower
~Grass Knot
A special Eelektross. Acid Spray+Poison Gem=a lot of damage whist sharply lowering the special defence. Thunderbolt for some powerful STAB and the reason I didn't run mixed. It's stronger than Wild charge without recoil. Flamethrower and Grass knot provide some good in game coverage.

497.gif
@ Leftovers
Adamant/Overgrow
~Leaf Blade
~Coil
~Dragon Tail
~Return
Physical Serperior. Coil boosts attack, defence and speed, so I can abuse Leaf Blade. Dragon Tail gets rid of steels and return is for coverage.

635.gif
@ Life Orb
Timid/Levitate
~Draco Meteor
~Focus Blast
~Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
~Fire Blast
Never used it before. Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse (if I can get it) for STAB. If I can't get Dark Pulse I'll use shadow ball because ghost and dark pretty much cover the same things. Hyper Voice and Fire Blast for coverage.

508.gif
@ Charcoal
Jolly/Intimidate
~Fire Fang
~Wild Charge
~Crunch
~Return
Again, never used it. Return for STAB. Wild charge, crunch and fire fang for coverage.

589.gif
@ Quick Claw
Adamant/Swarm
~Swords Dance
~Iron Head
~X Scissor
~Aerial Ace
Love this! I can always pull of a swords dance as long as the pokemon doesn't have a fire move. Iron head and x scissor for STABs and poison jab for powerful coverage.

608.gif
@ Eviolite
Modest/Flash Fire
~Flamethrower
~Hex
~Will O Wisp
~Pain Split
Probobly not a great set. Flamethrower for STAB, WoW for the burn and to boost hex. Pain split is risky but could be great.

Last edited:

Klinklang_1024

MultiRegion Champion
Where's the rest of the team?

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Where's the rest of the team?

Good Question...

I didn't really look at my pokemon last team I posted (I was marveling at my new found gift at pictures) so I'm making another one. I hope you like it. The Team:

th_604.gif
@ Poison Gem
Modest/Levitate
~Acid Spray
~Thunderbolt
~Flamethrower
~Grass Knot
A special Eelektross. Acid Spray+Poison Gem=a lot of damage whist sharply lowering the special defence. Thunderbolt for some powerful STAB and the reason I didn't run mixed. It's stronger than Wild charge without recoil. Flamethrower and Grass knot provide some good in game coverage.

This should be in single rates.

Anyhow; Poison gem is not a good item. It does not equal a lot of damage with acid spray. It equals a base 60 poison move, and no more item for you. Acid spray does fine without the very minor boost to it's first use. I would reccomend leftovers to add to it's reasonable bulk and no weaknesses, enhancing it's longevity and actually giving it time to abuse it's -2spdef opponent. I guess EV's aren't required if it's only for in game.

EDIT: ninja'd :D

Klinklang_1024

MultiRegion Champion
Nice team, although if for competitive battling, I would put sub and leech seed on serperior

and I would take off poison jab from Escavalier as poison is only sup-effective agains grass, and so is bug which is the type of X-Scissor

and I'm guessing that you are keeping lampent as lampent because of eviolite, although if you evolve it, you could have one of the most powerful special sweepers in the game

and I agree with simipour about the gem, but you could just replace it with Poison Barb

but all in all, a well rounded team

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Yeah, I know about Lampent. I'll evolve it later. Poison barb is a cool option, so Acid spray does something. What should I replace Poison Jab with?

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Poison barb isn't great either. It just makes a move with poor coverage have 48BP instead of 40BP. Trying to make acid spray stronger is a waste. Given Leftovers/Life Orb are taken, you may as well use magnet. Thunderbolt's gonna be you main move, and its power after STAB goes from 142.5 to 171. A much more prominent increase on a move with better coverage.

Klinklang_1024

MultiRegion Champion
What should I replace Poison Jab with?

You should probably just replace it with something like aerial ace so that you can counter fighting and bug aswell :)

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Focus blast on hydregion, I have a modest one with 369 special attack and let me tell you FB ruins everything not called ghost psychic or grass.

Klinklang_1024

MultiRegion Champion

Klinklang_1024

MultiRegion Champion
I'd probably put substitute and leech seed in exchange for dragon tail and return, so that a sub can be set up and hp can be regained afterwards

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Maybe a life orb on Eleektross? It gives a nice boost for some HP.

Also, take Energy Ball instead of Will-O-Wisp on Lampent/Chandelure since it coves a lot of weaknesses(Rock, Ground and Water) and take Shadow Ball instead of Hex, since without the burn boost, that's what you want.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Good idea, but that sort of thing takes time to do, and I like to strike fast with Serperior. He won't be very defensive unless Coil is used.