• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Pokemon

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
I know I have more than 6 on here, but im putting the pokemon i have available on here. tell me what 6 to keep on my team, and give suggestions on move-sets and replacements. POSITIVE HELP ONLY!

Tentacruel: Poison Spiker/ 255 spd 255 spa/Docile
Ice Beam
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Toxic Spikes

Charizard: Special sweeper/ 255 spd 255 spa/Charizard
Heat Wave
Dragon Pulse
Air Slash
Roost

Salamence:physical Sweeper/255 spd 255 att/ Naive
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge

Breloom: 255 att 255 spd/ spore puncher/Brave
Mach Punch
Focus Punch
Stone Edge
Spore

Pikachu: mixed sweeper/ 255 spa 255 spd/Hasty
Surf
Volt Tackle
Brick Break
Substitute

Gengar: Special Sweeper/ive had him since ingame, i keep forgetting to breed him:(/Hasty( bad i know)
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast
Psychic

Last edited:

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
1: It would help us greatly if you posted natures, items, EV's and their role on the team

2: It would help more if you limited it down to six.

randomspot555

I know I have more than 6 on here, but im putting the pokemon i have available on here. tell me what 6 to keep on my team, and give suggestions on move-sets and replacements.

This is RATE MY TEAM. You need to have a team, we don't build one for you. That being said...

Tentacruel: Poison Spiker/ 255 spd 255 spa/Docile
Ice Beam
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Toxic Spikes

Standard set. Poison doesn't have great coverage, so you can drop it for something else. Knock Off or Giga Drain?

Bad nature too.

Charizard: Special sweeper/ 255 spd 255 spa/Charizard
Heat Wave
Outrage
Fly
Roost

255 in special attack but only ONE special attack?

Fly is never, ever a useful move in competitive play. Machamp will tear you apart, as well as anyone with Thunder, Sky Uppercut, or Waterfall. Dragon moves work best on dragons, and Charizard can't have the risk of being confused. Charizard is also too fragile to effectively use Roost.
Ok, I don't really feel like rating the rest. They're basically Pokemon with little to no thought being put into them. I'd suggest reading the stickies, or heading over to In-Game RMT.

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
ok... all you did was tear it apart. go outside or something, play basketball, ride a bike, just go outside and dont just sit at ur computer playing your ds all day. and i asked for POSTITIVE help, not completly rude insults...

randomspot555

ok... all you did was tear it apart. go outside or something, play basketball, ride a bike, just go outside and dont just sit at ur computer playing your ds all day. and i asked for POSTITIVE help, not completly rude insults...

I didn't personally insult you or anything. I rated your team. They're Pokemon with no natures posted or useless natures, a random assortment of moves that don't do well on the Pokemon they're for, and useless amount of EVs (255 is pointless since it won't affect it past 252).

And take your own advice. Your posting on a Pokemon forum too. Same as me.

You don't get POSITIVE help. We're not here to kiss eachother's butt. It's here to RATE the team. Constructive criticism is what I provided, not negative. And if you can't handle constructive criticism, then you didn't have to post a thread.

Sorry. The team isn't very well done.

Salamence can work out with a better nature, though I think it's one of the best mixed Pokemon out there. Outrage if possible over Dragon Claw.

Gengar shouldn't ever be using Psychic, and again Poison has crappy coverage. "I forgot the EVs" is a sign of not being very familiar with competitive battling. That's not an insult to you. We were all new at one point. But it means you should spend more time learning about competitive battling instead of jumping right into team building. Thunderbolt instead of Psychic, Destiny Bond or Hypnosis instead of Sludge Bomb.

Pikachu is an UU Poke for a reason. Yes, some UU can be viable in OU play. Pikachu isn't one of them, for the most part. Also, since it's an event Pokemon, the IVs might be low and it'll be a disadvantage in a competitive battle.

Competitive play also allows items, and none of yours have them.

You should also provide a description of what each team member does. I'm assuming the first Pokemon you posted is your starter. But if this guy faints early on, Charizard is screwed due to Stealth Rock weakness.

Last edited:

Master Marc Spirt

Poké Master de 3rd
You should use this Breloom;
Breloom@Topix orb
Ability-Poision heal
Nature-Adamant
Moves;
-Focus punch
-subsitude
-Spore
-Seedbomb/leech seed