• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Porygon2 Build (Singles)

Misfire1992

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Charge Beam (Hits pretty hard super effective + setup SpAtk)
- Ice Beam (Coverage, Dragon killer)
- Tri Attack (STAB can be used in conjunction with Charge Beam also Max Strike)
- Recover. (Sustain)

Mostly defensive with a little SpDef. Evilote for more defenses. No speed investment to almost always move last to get the most out of Analytic (1.3x damage). Charge Beam gains the extra boost and hits hard if super effective. Charge beam also can be used to finish a low health Pokémon to get a chance to setup SpAtk. My investments allow my Porygon2 to be able to survive a 252 ATK Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat at full health.

Last edited:

Rezzo

Occasionally
The problem with a P2 set like this is that you hit like a wet tissue for several turns and you're also weak to status (kind of a worst of both worlds in ways). It's easy for something like a Heatran or a Ferrothorn to just sit on you and set up hazards without much repercussion. Surviving a Conkeldurr's CC doesn't offer much since it'll just slap you again on turn 2 anyway.

It's probably best to commit to the defensive merit of P2 and switch out Charge Beam for Teleport to gather momentum, or if you're committed to damage output maybe use Porygon-Z as it is faster and has superior offensive stats, plus you can utilise a Choice Specs instead?

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Great team. I'd also give it an 8/10.

My one recommendation is to evolve your Porygon 2 to a Porygon-Z using the dubious disc and trading with a friend. This way, he can get better stats and use better moves to greater effect like hyper beam.

Here is a tried and true set that has never let me down:

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature

-Trick Room
-Nasty Plot
-Hyper Beam
-Lock On

This should ensure that you're faster and firing off 100% accurate hyper beams at all times.

Good luck, looks like fun.

Jirachiness

Great team. I'd also give it an 8/10.

My one recommendation is to evolve your Porygon 2 to a Porygon-Z using the dubious disc and trading with a friend. This way, he can get better stats and use better moves to greater effect like hyper beam.

Here is a tried and true set that has never let me down:

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature

-Trick Room
-Nasty Plot
-Hyper Beam
-Lock On

This should ensure that you're faster and firing off 100% accurate hyper beams at all times.

Good luck, looks like fun.
This doesn’t make any sense? Are you sure you understand what choice specs does, tubby? He should replace porygon on this team with a Dialga or possibly Zekrom if he has it. That way he doesn’t lose to Pinsir.