• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my rain dance team

Creeper

om nom nom
Ok
;230;
Kingdra @ Damp Rock
Swift Swim
Timid
252 Spd 252 Sp.att 4 HP
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
My lead;a good sweeper and can easily KO Heatran with Rain.Ice Beam is filler
Dragon Pulse KOs salamence.
;454;
Toxicroack@ Choice Scarf
Dry Skin
Jolly
252 Att 252 Spd 4 HP
Gunk Shot
Fake Out
Close Combat
Night Slash
My only Pokemon without Rain Dance..and it''s worth giving up Rain Dance.
Dry Skin heals fast.Lefties for mor HP gain.Fake Out to deatory Sashes.
Gunk Shot for STAB.Close Combat STAB
;351-r;
Castform @ Life Orb
Forecast
Timid
252 Sp.att 252 Spd 4 HP
Wether ball
Ice Beam
Rain dance
Thunderbolt
My Sweeper;a good Pokemon.Can easyilsy KO Salamence.
;407;
RoseRade @ Petaya Berry
Timid
Nature Cure
252 Sp.att 252 Spd 4 HP
Wether Ball
Rain Dance
Leaf Storm
Shadow Ball
My 2nd sweeper.A good varteiy of Types is good.
can KO most Pokemon with Leaf Strom
;260;
Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Sassy
252 HP 100 def 100 Sp. Def 52Att 4 Spd
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stelh Rock
Rain Dance
I may get my Rocks late,but it's worth it.Rain dance is here bescause it's a rain dance team!
;350; @ Shell Bell
Timid
252 HP 150 Def 52 Sp.Att 4 Spd
Swift Swim
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Subsitute
A great staller. can easyily take hits.I need bulk!
I'm a beginer at wether teams.
Done
My Bad,forgot!

Last edited:

Xerudic

Pokemon addict [:
I don't remember Milotic having Swift Swim, I always thought it has Marvel Scale.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Ok
;230;
Kingdra @ Damp Rock
Swift Swim
Timid
252 Spd 252 Sp.att 4 HP
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
My lead;a good sweeper and can easily KO Heatran with Rain.Ice Beam is filler
Dragon Pulse KOs salamence.

No, not use Kingdra as a lead, ever. Use something that can set up stealth rocks such as Azelf, Jirachi, or Uxie.

I suggest using this:
Azelf@Damp Rock
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
252Hp/252Spe/6Atk
~Rain Dance
~Stealth Rocks
~Explosion
~Taunt
Easily gets rain up, and stealth rocks almost all of the time. Taunt is to make sure other leads don't get up rocks. Explosion is to exit the field as quickly as possible and do lots of damage. Plus it will throw your opponent off when they see you set up rain as they are usually expecting the standard Azelf lead.

;454;
Toxicroack@ Choice Scarf
Dry Skin
Jolly
252 Att 252 Spd 4 HP
Gunk Shot
Fake Out
Close Combat
Night Slash
My only Pokemon without Rain Dance..and it''s worth giving up Rain Dance.
Dry Skin heals fast.Lefties for mor HP gain.Fake Out to deatory Sashes.
Gunk Shot for STAB.Close Combat STAB

Absolutely not, Toxicroak does not work in singles whatsoever. Use Kingdra as in this spot. He makes a good mixed wall breaker.

Kingdra@Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Nature: Naughty/Lonely
252Atk/240SpA/16Spe
~Rain Dance
~Waterfall
~Hydro Pump
~Draco Meteor
Gets near perfect coverage and KO's many threats that oppose rain teams. Plus it can set up rain on its own and easily break many walls if played correctly.

;351-r;
Castform @ Life Orb
Forecast
Timid
252 Sp.att 252 Spd 4 HP
Wether ball
Ice Beam
Rain dance
Thunderbolt
My Sweeper;a good Pokemon.Can easyilsy KO Salamence.

This doesn't belong here either. Use something that can take advantage of swift swim and doubled speed. Rain is a powerful effect and you need to take full advantage of it. Use one of the following:

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Nature: Modest
60Hp/252SpA/196Spe
~Rain Dance
~Surf
~Energy Ball
~Ice Beam

Ludicolo has great typing and can sweep opposing teams away with ease with a little predicitions. You'd be surprised at how much surf does to salamence. The EV spread is enought to get 225 speed (with a 31 IV), and get you to 450 speed in the rain. 252SpA is just duh, and 60Hp, is to eat Lucario's extremespeed when it tries to beat you.
OR:
Omastar@Life Orb
Nature: Timid/Modest
252SpA/252Spe/6Hp
~Rain Dance/Ancientpower
~Surf/Hydro Pump
~Hidden Power Electric/Hidden Power Grass
~Ice Beam

More powerful than Ludicolo, but much slower. Also, the typing is a let down as well. If you go with a timid nature, then you hit the speed benchmark by just enough to outspeed an Adamant DD Salamence with one DD. Modest gives you loads of power, but much less speed. Ice Beam will OHKO any Dragon. Seriously a monster if played correctly.

;407;
RoseRade @ Petaya Berry
Timid
Nature Cure
252 Sp.att 252 Spd 4 HP
Wether Ball
Rain Dance
Leaf Storm
Shadow Ball
My 2nd sweeper.A good varteiy of Types is good.
can KO most Pokemon with Leaf Strom

No this just doesn't belong here as well, you want a mid-game rain replenisher in this spot so you can have someone who is dedicated to setting up rain, other than your sweepers who should well...sweep. ;) Crobat or Zapados work pretty well in this spot, Bronzong is also a very very good choice as his bulk and no weaknesses in the rain makes him a good canditate to always get up rain. If you have an exploding lead you shouldn't have Bronzong though.

Bronzong@Damp Rock
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Impish
252Hp/128Atk/128Def
~Rain Dance
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Explosion

Works very well in getting screens up, 128Atk EV gives Explosion a little more kick. Taunter are more common early game so you wont have to worry as much.

;260;
Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Sassy
252 HP 100 def 100 Sp. Def 52Att 4 Spd
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stelh Rock
Rain Dance
I may get my Rocks late,but it's worth it.Rain dance is here bescause it's a rain dance team!

No again, lol. Physical Sweeper here. You have quite a few options, you can go with Floatzel, Qwilfish, or Kabutops. (Even Relicanth is you really want although it is highly unrecommended). Qwilfish is powerful and it removes toxic spikes from the field upon entry, depends on how much you see toxic spikes, which for me is not much, but I use Qwilfish just because. I will give you the Kabutops set because he is cool, XD.

Kabutops@Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
252Atk/252Spe/6Hp
~Swords Dance
~Waterfall
~X-scissor
~Stone Edge
After a swords dance, Kabutops can OHKO standard Skarmory in the rain! X-Scissor is for Celebi and Latias, and Stone Edge is for flyers, and Shedinja, lol. You can tweak the EV spread to make your speed hit 225, and always put 252 in attack on Kabutops. Then the rest in Hp, I am too lazy to think of the spread right now. :)

;350; @ Shell Bell
Timid
252 HP 150 Def 52 Sp.Att 4 Spd
Swift Swim
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Subsitute
A great staller. can easyily take hits.I need bulk!
I'm a beginer at wether teams.

I don't even know what this is, it is not coming up from what I see. Anyways I will give you my advice, use either Dugtrio or Scizor in this spot. You can use Starmie or Jolteon if you want, but generally Dugtrio and Scizor and superior for supporting rain. The reason being is that they easily beat the pokemon that threaten rain teams, such as Tyranitar, Vaporeon, Hippowdon, Blissey, Tentacreul, and Celebi.

Dugtrio@Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
40Hp/252Atk/216Spe
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge/Rock Slide
~Night Slash/Sucker Punch
~Ariel Ace/Pursuit
Easily revenges Blissey and Tyranitar and can get your sweepers back into the game.

Scizor@Choice Band/Damp Rock
Trait: Technician
252Atk/248Hp/10Spe or 252Hp/252Atk/6Spe
~U-turn/Rain Dance
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Pursuit/Swords Dance
Great supporter, two spreads here because you can make Scizor a third rain supporter. The italicized moves are for supporter and the regular moves are for the choice bander.

Easily beats T-tar, Blissey, Celebi, Tentacreul, and most other threats.
Done

Ok with rain teams the focus is to sweep as quickly as possible, and to pack super powered sweepers to pummel your opponents. Use my advice, it is an ok start, but keep working and you will get there. PM me if you need anymore help. ;)

BTW, get better description before a mod closes this

Last edited:

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ok dont listen to exactly what Apple said. Kingdra is a great lead but your set is not that good. Here is Rhys Kingdra set

Kingdra@Life Orb
Nature:Rash
Ev's90Atk/168Spe/252Spa
Moves
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor
Rain Dance

Ok this set is a lead Kingdra set. Set up RD then use Hydro Pump to KO other leads besides swampert on Swampert use Draco Meteor. In the rain you can 2HKO Blissey with Waterfall.

Instead of using Castform use my Ludicolo set.

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Nature:Modest
Ev's 196Spe/120Hp/194Spa
Moves
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Surf
Grass Knot

Dont listen to apple this is the superior sweeping set for Ludicolo trust me I know Ludicolo * points at sig *. Anyways this set is better because the Hp gives you a LO number of 331 Hp and the Spe lets you outrun Scarfgon in the rain. The SpA evs let you 2HKO all Bulky waters with Grass Knot.

Instead of having Swampert you should put in a Bronzong.

Bronzong@Damp Rock
Nature:Relaxed
Ev's 252Hp/128Def/128SpDef
Moves
Rain Dance
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Gyro Ball

This is a good set that sets up your Rain and Stealth rock.

As for Roserade replace it with Standard Scizor.

Scizor@Choice Band
Nature:Adamant
Ev's248Hp/252Atk/8Spe
Moves
BP
Pursuit
U-Turn
Superpower

Make Milotic into a Kabutops because you need a more Physical sweeper.

Use Apples Kabutops.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Ok dont listen to exactly what Apple said. Kingdra is a great lead but your set is not that good. Here is Rhys Kingdra set

Kingdra@Life Orb
Nature:Rash
Ev's90Atk/168Spe/252Spa
Moves
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor
Rain Dance

Ok this set is a lead Kingdra set. Set up RD then use Hydro Pump to KO other leads besides swampert on Swampert use Draco Meteor. In the rain you can 2HKO Blissey with Waterfall.

Instead of using Castform use my Ludicolo set.

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Nature:Modest
Ev's 196Spe/120Hp/194Spa
Moves
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Surf
Grass Knot

Dont listen to apple this is the superior sweeping set for Ludicolo trust me I know Ludicolo * points at sig *. Anyways this set is better because the Hp gives you a LO number of 331 Hp and the Spe lets you outrun Scarfgon in the rain. The SpA evs let you 2HKO all Bulky waters with Grass Knot.

Instead of having Swampert you should put in a Bronzong.

Bronzong@Damp Rock
Nature:Relaxed
Ev's 252Hp/128Def/128SpDef
Moves
Rain Dance
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Gyro Ball

This is a good set that sets up your Rain and Stealth rock.

As for Roserade replace it with Standard Scizor.

Scizor@Choice Band
Nature:Adamant
Ev's248Hp/252Atk/8Spe
Moves
BP
Pursuit
U-Turn
Superpower

Make Milotic into a Kabutops because you need a more Physical sweeper.

Use Apples Kabutops.

How does Kingdra work as a lead? That doesn't make any sense, they are going to say, "Rain Dance Team, hi T-tar"

Ludicolo works better with my sweeping set, why would you care about outrunning scarf-porygon-Z? Heatran is much more of a threat, especially with a scarf.

Use my Zong set, if you are not using Azelf or Uxie, He is very reliable and needs some attack to use Explosion well.

lol, Shiny Bagon, I said Omastar was superior in terms of raw power, not Ludicolo. I know Ludicolo, *points at Av* ;)

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ok are you implying that T-tar can wreck a RD team? If you are than that is not true at all. Also please explain how your Ludicolo set is better than mine? You run energy ball instead of Grass Knot that is fail right there,also I said outruns Scarfgon in the rain Scarf Flygon is what I meant not Porygon-z. Also I was saying that my Ludicolo is better than yours not better than omastar(even thou it is)so if you could explain how your set is better please do.

How does Kingdra work as a lead? That doesn't make any sense, they are going to say, "Rain Dance Team, hi T-tar"

Ludicolo works better with my sweeping set, why would you care about outrunning scarf-porygon-Z? Heatran is much more of a threat, especially with a scarf.

Use my Zong set, if you are not using Azelf or Uxie, He is very reliable and needs some attack to use Explosion well.

lol, Shiny Bagon, I said Omastar was superior in terms of raw power, not Ludicolo. I know Ludicolo, *points at Av* ;)

Wow, you honestly fail so much it's not even funny.

Stop rating teams please. Shiny bagon meant FLYGON not porygon.

Your ludicolo set is terrible and does nothing special. At least know what a bit of what you're talking about before you rate a team please.

Kingdra RD lead works perfectly fine.

Why do you think your sets are better when you're just some nobody that obviously doesn't know what they're talking about suggesting random smogon sets that don't do anything special/that you have no knowledge about.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Thank you Kyle for agreeing with me.

benttwig33

Forum n00b!
Right off the bat....if kingdra has ice beam, It wont need dragon pusle. Ice covers dragons...and most are x4 weak.

Right off the bat....if kingdra has ice beam, It wont need dragon pusle. Ice covers dragons...and most are x4 weak.

Yeah you read the first line of my post above too please.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
lol, nothing against shiny bagon, I wasn't saying that your rates are crap, not even close. I was just giving my input.

@Wobufette,lol, is like all you do flame people on RMTs, because you do so a lot? These are not smogon sets, lol. Like I got one of them off smogon, but the rest are original. You should check your sources before you flame. Scarf Porygon v. Scarf Flygon, sounds like an easy mistake to make to me, lol, I didn't even know what you meant, those pokes have the same ending.

Plus, my Ludicolo set will be able to out run Scarf Flygon as well, so it is in no way inferior. ;) Check smogons Ludicolo set, it is different than mine.

@Shiny Bagon, Energy Ball v. Grass Knot is a matter of personal preference. Depends on whether you would like to hit vaporeon or gyrados harder.
If you want to debate over Ludicolo, then we can have a conversation about it another time. I never said yours was bad by any means, I just want Ludicolo to have more power so I use my set.

Last edited:

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
lol, nothing against shiny bagon, I wasn't saying that your rates are crap, not even close. I was just giving my input.

@the other person, you are flaming me for not saying Scarf Flygon instead of Scar porygon, sounds like an easy enough mistake to make to me, lol. My rain teams are ranked very high on shoddy battle thank you very much you have no business saying that my sets are bad. If shiny bagon wants to use his set that is completely fine with me, I was just giving my input and it is the person making this teams decision to whether or not to use my set or not.

Plus, my Ludicolo set will be able to out run Scarf Flygon as well, so it is in no way inferior. ;)

@Shiny Bagon, Energy Ball v. Grass Knot is a matter of personal preference. Depends on whether you would like to hit vaporeon or gyrados harder.

Actually your set is slighty inferior because you are wasting SpA evs meanwhile you could put them into Hp. Also Grass Knot is way better as Energy ball hits Vaporeon slightly harder and Grass Knot hits All the other Bulky waters harder. I would like to vs your RD team with mine one day if that is alright with you?

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Actually your set is slighty inferior because you are wasting SpA evs meanwhile you could put them into Hp. Also Grass Knot is way better as Energy ball hits Vaporeon slightly harder and Grass Knot hits All the other Bulky waters harder. I would like to vs your RD team with mine one day if that is alright with you?

lol, by damage calcs, Energy ball, hits vappy harder, and Grass Knot hits Gyrados harder. You can verse my rain team right now if you want, but we should take this to PM/VMs it is getting to be spammy.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Grass knot hits all bulky waters harder so therefore GK>EB

AB2

cake cake cake cake