• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Rock-type Team

Im in a rock type tourney, and I need some help. I think this will be more of a defensive tournament since most rock types have killer defense and there will usually be a sandstorm up, which will give every Pokemon a special defense boost.

Tyranitar (Tyranitar may end up being banned from this tourney)
@Choice Band
Adamant
Crunch
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Focus Punch/Pursuit

Nice base 150 Special Defense from Sandstream. All that I can see that counters this well is Rhyperior.

Regirock
@Leftovers
Careful
Stone Edge
Hammer Arm (Kills Tyranitar)
Thunder Wave (Helps make up for poor speed)
Stealth Rock

Like Tyranitar, base 150 Special Defense under Sandstorms. Gets countered by Rhyperior again.

Rhyperior
@Leftovers
Adamant
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Substitute
Megahorn

My own Rhyperior. Over 400 HP, over 300 Defense, potentially over 300 Special Defense in a Sandstorm. Best counter for this seems to be Omastar.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
A Rock based team is not complete without Cradily, especially when you've got Sandstorm up.

Impish Nature for Rhyperior IMO.

"L"

I don't see what Magcargo's going to do with a x4 Earthquake weak, and this being a Mono-Rock Tourney, Earthquakes are going to be there fairly often.