• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Shield Team

Torpoleon

Not really into competitive Pokemon and I am also not going to be doing breeding or anything like that. Just want some tips for my team.

Bugs Bunny/Cinderace @ Potentially Nothing
Ability: Libero (need to get the Ability Patch first)
- Pyro Ball
- Acrobatics (currently have Double Kick but I do think I need more moves against Fighting types)
- Iron Head
- Electro Ball

Raven/Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressue
- Brave Bird
- Iron Head
- Body Press
- Assurance

Roshi/Drednaw @ Life Orb
Ability: Shell Armor
- Liquidation
- Ice Fang
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Bolt/Boltund @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Strong Jaw
- Thunder Fang
- Fire Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Fries/Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
- Facade
- Obstruct

Goggles/Flygon @ Muscle Band
Ability: Levitate
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

What do you guys think? I'm just struggling to find the best options for some of them because I feel like some of these Pokemon have a bunch of really good options.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’d give Cinderace High Jump Kick (Egg Move that you can “transfer up”with another Cinderace) and maybe replace Electro Ball since its SpA is much lower than its Atk and, with Libero, a hypothetical HJK does more.

For Corviknight I’d take off Assurance and either Iron Head for Bulk Up and Roost.

Drednaw & Boltund are fine as is

For Obstagoon I’d replace Brick Break with Close Combat and Night Slash with Knock Off (Egg Move with the same method as Cinderace’s HJK)

I’d replace Crunch on Flygon for Fire Punch since you have more than enough Dark coverage

Final suggestion is to add at least 1-2 special attackers because a physical wall could be an issue for your team

Torpoleon

I’d give Cinderace High Jump Kick (Egg Move that you can “transfer up”with another Cinderace) and maybe replace Electro Ball since its SpA is much lower than its Atk and, with Libero, a hypothetical HJK does more.

For Corviknight I’d take off Assurance and either Iron Head for Bulk Up and Roost.

Drednaw & Boltund are fine as is

For Obstagoon I’d replace Brick Break with Close Combat and Night Slash with Knock Off (Egg Move with the same method as Cinderace’s HJK)

I’d replace Crunch on Flygon for Fire Punch since you have more than enough Dark coverage

Final suggestion is to add at least 1-2 special attackers because a physical wall could be an issue for your team
I'd love to use Egg Moves, but I don't wan to breed, and just want to stick with the team members I currently have.

Bulk Up for Corviknight seems like a good idea, but isn't Roost a little bit of a waste with Leftovers?

Would Close Combat be too risky due to Obstagoon losing HP every turn because of the Flame Orb?

Fire Punch seems like a good idea for Flygon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'd love to use Egg Moves, but I don't wan to breed, and just want to stick with the team members I currently have.

Bulk Up for Corviknight seems like a good idea, but isn't Roost a little bit of a waste with Leftovers?

Would Close Combat be too risky due to Obstagoon losing HP every turn because of the Flame Orb?

Fire Punch seems like a good idea for Flygon.
Quite the opposite for Roost as Corviknight appreciates the constant recovery given that it’s slower than average. Most setup Pokémon use recovery if available as you can be worn down fast with Leftovers’ relative small replenishment every turn.

CC helps secure KO’s that BB can’t due to its much lower base power. Obstagoon works best as a late game sweeper after you take care of all the opponents’ faster Pokémon imo. I guess you could use Brick Break but personally I’d prioritize as much damage as possible with Obstagoon since it’s not as strong as other Guts users.

Torpoleon

Quite the opposite for Roost as Corviknight appreciates the constant recovery given that it’s slower than average. Most setup Pokémon use recovery if available as you can be worn down fast with Leftovers’ relative small replenishment every turn.

CC helps secure KO’s that BB can’t due to its much lower base power. Obstagoon works best as a late game sweeper after you take care of all the opponents’ faster Pokémon imo. I guess you could use Brick Break but personally I’d prioritize as much damage as possible with Obstagoon since it’s not as strong as other Guts users.
Good point. So, you're saying it is better to replace Assurance & Iron head with Bulk Up & Roost. It does seem to make sense.

That's true. I'll definitely think about it.