• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my super HG team!-Movesets help!

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
This is my awesome pwnage team! I will NOT replace any of them, i just need suggestions on their movesets, cos some of them are crappy, and hold items. I care about natures, aswell as IVs, but i dont EV train, cos i dont need to, this is ingame. Oh and please dont suggest moves i'll only be able to get through breeding as i will not change the pokemon, rather the movesets and items. Currently, none of them hold any items, so i need help on that one aswell.

The movesets below are the final planned movesets, not the current.

Typhlosion
Modest nature

Swift
Focus Blast
Eruption
Flamethrower

need help on this guy.

Gyarados(red)
Adamant nature

Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Ice Fang
Bite

Should i use Earthquake on him? Or Dragonite? I want to use it on a Ho-oh i have in another game, so help!

Dragonite
Adamant nature

Dragon Claw
Fly
Dragon Dance
Aqua Tail

Need major help on him. I need Fly for ingame. Currently he doesnt have Fly yet and has Extremespeed. Should i keep it? Should i give him Earthquake? Major help needed.

Machamp
Lonely nature

Strength
Rock Slide
Dynamicpunch
Ice Punch

Another one that needs major help. Couldn't find Stone Edge anywhere, until i checked on Serebii where it said its only found in the Frontier shop with 80 BP.....

Scizor
Lonely nature

Iron Head
Swords Dance
Bug Bite
Double Hit

He is somewhat okay, a Technician Scizor. Thinking whether to use Bullet Punch, already have Iron head. Still need help.

This is my awesome pwnage team! I will NOT replace any of them, i just need suggestions on their movesets, cos some of them are crappy, and hold items. I care about natures, aswell as IVs, but i dont EV train, cos i dont need to, this is ingame. Oh and please dont suggest moves i'll only be able to get through breeding as i will not change the pokemon, rather the movesets and items. Currently, none of them hold any items, so i need help on that one aswell.

The movesets below are the final planned movesets, not the current.

Typhlosion
Modest nature

Hidden Power [Grass]
Focus Blast
Eruption
Flamethrower

need help on this guy.

Gyarados(red)
Adamant nature

Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Ice Fang

Should i use Earthquake on him? Or Dragonite? I want to use it on a Ho-oh i have in another game, so help!

Dragonite
Adamant nature

Dragon Claw
Fire Pawnch
Dragon Dance
Earthquake

Need major help on him. I need Fly for ingame. Currently he doesnt have Fly yet and has Extremespeed. Should i keep it? Should i give him Earthquake? Major help needed.

Machamp
Lonely nature

Dynamic Pawnch
Stone Edge
Payback
Ice Punch

Another one that needs major help. Couldn't find Stone Edge anywhere, until i checked on Serebii where it said its only found in the Frontier shop with 80 BP.....

Scizor
Lonely nature

Bullet Pawnch
Swords Dance
Bug Bite/Roost
Brick Break

He is somewhat okay, a Technician Scizor. Thinking whether to use Bullet Punch, already have Iron head. Still need help.

Comments bolded. I'll post basic descriptions if asked

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
if interested, a mixkamekaze set

dragonite@life orb
inner focus / naive
-superpower
-extreme speed
-outrage
-earthquake / firepunch

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Extrasensory is an option over Swift on Typhlosion.

Stone Edge and Bounce are good choices for your
last slot on Gyarados.

You should be using an HM slave for Fly IMO. Don't
get rid of Extremespeed on Draggy, since you can
never get it back. You can use EQ>DD and make him
a straight up attacker, since Gyara already has DD.

Get rid of Strength on Machamp for Payback, to hit
Ghost types hard. Strength, again, should be used
on an HM slave.

Replace Iron Head with Bullet Punch and Double Hit
with Roost/Brick Break on Scizor, standard is standard
for a reason.

Hope this helps.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Typhlosion
Flamethrower
Heat wave/Blast burn
focus blast
thunder punch
Gyarados
Earthquake
waterfall
Ice beam
hydro pump
Dragonite
Dragon rush/outrage
Surf/ice beam
superpower
Fly
Machamp
Dynamic punch
ice punch/thunder punch
payback
rock slide/stone edge
Scizor
Iron head
Sword dance
X-scissor
Night slash/return

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Really appreciate all your movesets, but i cant use egg moves, so no Extrasensory on Typhlosion or anything.

And i need item help too....

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
if you're going with grumpysnorlax's or Ji Yoon's rates...

typhlosion@choice scarf

gyarados@leftovers / muscle band

dragonite@lifeorb (look at my previous post)

machamp@leftovers / muscle band / shellbell(if you run out of lefties)

scizor@muscle band

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Solarbeam is also an option on Typhlosion.

As for items, a Choice Scarf on Typhlosion woul make use
of Eruption, Gyarados could use Leftovers to restore any
health he loses from DD'ing, if you use my suggestions for
Dragonite he can hold a Choice Band and Machamp/Scizor
can both use Muscle Bands or Leftovers.

Aurath8

Unfortunately if you do go for a typhlosion with solarbeam you almost require the move Sunny Day or a teamate with it as well to avoid the 1 turn charge up time. It also powers up your fire moves so its well worth a go especially with Hidden Power having ninety-nine times out of one hundred you must breed to get the right type and power.
So then:
Typhlosion
Modest
Flamethrower
Eruption/ Focus Blast
Solarbeam
Sunny Day

Eruption is the most powerful fire type move and, unlike Blast Burn, doesn't need a turn of rest. The catch is that the lower the HP the less powerful it becomes. Below around 2/3 HP, Eruption has a base power of 90ish. Flamethrower is less powerful but is a very reliable STAB after ERuption loses its oomph. Focus Blast provides powerful coverage against four types that fire doesn't. Alot of Steel types are paired with Rock, ground and water so that ups the potential coverage to five.
So in short Eruption = power and Focus Blast = Very powerful and reliable coverage.
I'd go with Focus Blast, with it you cover 11/17 types, without it you cover 7/17.

Last edited:

Aurath8

^The problem with using SunnyBeam is that it weakens Gyrados' STAB move.

Chances are that if you have an advantage over a pokemon by using solarbeam it'll also be weak to water given the abundance of Rock and ground types. After Olivine the only water Pokemon you should see are wild, one-offs or Misty, the Cerulean gym leader in Kanto.

Aurath8

^ the thing is, with gyarados' STAB there is no need for setup...

1. That's kind of the point im trying to make and...
2. Apart from Thunderpunch or HP Grass on Typhlosion, Solarbeam is the only move he has access to that is super effective on water types.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
^true. And while SunnyBeam can work wonders on Typhlosion, especially with Blaze as an ability, it helps no one on Overheat's team (unless Ji Yoon's Dragonite is used); Dragonite will take more than neutral damage from opposing STAB Fire moves, weakens its Aqua Tail, frustrates Gyrados, and will probably get Scizor killed from a STAB Fire Spin haha. It's a team; moves that affect everyone, like Sunny Day, need to take the rest of the team into account. So honestly, T-Punch or HP[Grass] would probably work out better.

That being said, there seems to only be 5 Pokemon on this team. Or did I read wrong? If not, then throw something in there with a Grass move. I won't make any suggestions unless you want the 6th one.

Aurath8

^true. And while SunnyBeam can work wonders on Typhlosion, especially with Blaze as an ability, it helps no one on Overheat's team (unless Ji Yoon's Dragonite is used); Dragonite will take more than neutral damage from opposing STAB Fire moves, weakens its Aqua Tail, frustrates Gyrados, and will probably get Scizor killed from a STAB Fire Spin haha. It's a team; moves that affect everyone, like Sunny Day, need to take the rest of the team into account. So honestly, T-Punch or HP[Grass] would probably work out better.

That being said, there seems to only be 5 Pokemon on this team. Or did I read wrong? If not, then throw something in there with a Grass move. I won't make any suggestions unless you want the 6th one.

Dragonite resists Fire and maybe Aqua Tail could be swapped for fire punch. Plus Sunny Day ends after five turns one those is the one you use it and the next is when you switch. So three turns of Sun isn't exactly gonna cripple his strategy.
Not many fire moves are used by in-game trainers except Blaine, Bikers, Firebreathers, Ace trainers, Red's Charizard, Lance and Clair. While Thunder Punch and HP grass are good, the moves are hard to get.