• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my team. :) and what moves should i tech?

(Just realized i spelled "teach" worng oops) Hi I'm new here :D right now I'm replaying pokemon pearl and I just beat the elite four and need some opinions :)

My pokemon:

Empoleon lvl 53. Ability: torrent. Quirky nature Attacks: Surf. Grass knot. Ice beam. Drill peck.

Luxray. Lvl 54. Ability: rivalry. Docile nature attacks: thunder fang. Spark. Thunder. Flash.

Lucario lvl 46. Abilty: inner focus. mild nature. attacks: Force palm. Aura sphere. Drain punch. Close combat

Kadabra lvl 45. Quiet nature. Ability: synchronize. Attacks. Recover. Futrue sight. Psychic. Psybean.

Gabite. Lvl 38. Hasty nature. Ability: sand vail. Attacks: dragon claw. Dragon pulse. Earthquake.

And I'm planning on getting a houndoom :p

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Is this for in-game use? Is Empoleons attack or sp. attack higher?

For Luxray, I'd recommend Rain Dance so Thunder never misses and replace it with Flash. This would also help Empoleon.
I'd evolve Kadabra, and get rid of Future Sight. Teach it Calm Mind instead. You won't regret it. Calm Mind + Psychic = unstopabble force

I'd go with Houndoom... Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse

Is this for in-game use? Is Empoleons attack or sp. attack higher?

For Luxray, I'd recommend Rain Dance so Thunder never misses and replace it with Flash. This would also help Empoleon.
I'd evolve Kadabra, and get rid of Future Sight. Teach it Calm Mind instead. You won't regret it. Calm Mind + Psychic = unstopabble force

I'd go with Houndoom... Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse

Empleon is strong in SpA. And after I train up and get my items it's for Battleing online :)

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
No there not ev trained. And what's Iv? Stats?

I'd highly recommend EV training them. You'd have to completely restart by breeding. When you competitive battle you wanna get the best stats possible out of your Pokemon right? You also wanna breed for specific natures. IV's are individual values and are different than EV training. Getting the perfect IV's for a Pokemon can be frustrating at times. IV's are tied with the Pokemon characteristics, and the only way to calculate the IV's is to use a IV calculator. If you got any questions just VM I'll answer any questions about team building for those Pokemon, moves, natures, etc.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
If you're going to play Wi-Fi , it's best to EV train indeed.

Lucario wants Crunch / Swords Dance / Close Combat / ExtremeSpeed.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I really don't wanna start from level 1 with all my pokemon. But better late then never right? Lol

Thanks for your suggestion

Don't forget to properly EV train and get the right natures. Getting the IV's and natures could take a while but worth it.

CMHennigan

well, Lucario is the biggest one i see. He shouldn't be running 4 fighting type moves. Look at it's stats, and if it's sp atk is higher, i would run something like Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Calm Mind. If his atk is higher, than the previous set is a nice one to run.

Oh, and alakazam is too frail to run calm mind effectively. Unless you happen to catch an opponent trying to set up, even in game alakazam can only handle 1 maybe 2 hits before he's KOed without focus sash or serious investment in HP/DEF EVs, which would be a waste on a "glass cannon" like zam. If it's in game, then i wouldn't really worry about rebreeding, because that's only going to make a difference of 10 points or so, but EV training really is useful.

Get rid of Dragon pulse on gabite for either crunch, fire/ice fang, or return if you can't get one of the others. its been a while since i've played D/P so i can't really remember what moves are available to you. maybe someone else can help more with that, but the general rule of thumb is you don't want 2 moves of the same type on one pokemon. There are certain exceptions, but most of the time its a good rule.