• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my team. Because I said so.

aquasuicune

OK, I've been rating a lot of teams lately, so now I think it's time for one of mine to be rated.

Weavile@choice band
Jolly
Ice Punch
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Brick Break

OK, this is my new lead. Ice punch/night slash for STAB, Brick Break for coverage, and ice shard to take care of focus sash leads. He was put in over skarmory. He also counters alakazam, gengar, and azelf, who I had a bit of a weakness to. I feel like pursuit should be on here somewhere, but I'm not sure.

Garchomp@leftovers
Jolly
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

He's a strong, fast sweeper, and he resists gyarados' weaknesses. Not much to say here.

Heatran@leftovers
Modest
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
Flash Cannon

I'm kind of stuck on heatran. I like him because he resists garchomp's weaknesses and gyarados covers his. He's also very strong and can take a couple hits too. The part where I'm stuck is the set. I can think of three choices for him, the all-out special set (the one I'm currently using), the same set with a choice scarf, or the exploder. I really need help on this one...

Gyarados@leftovers
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

I'm not much of a fan of taunt, so please don't suggest it. I also like the coverage of three attacking moves. It's a decent lead, not the greatest, but I think it's the best one on this team to lead. He switches into earthquakes aimed at heatran with ease, and can hit most of the users of said earthquakes pretty hard or scare them off.

Donphan@leftovers
Adamant/Impish
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Rapid Spin

Not sure on nature for this one. He spins for me, he hits specsmence for me, lays down rock for me, blah blah blah.

Cresselia@leftovers
Bold
Rest
Sleep Talk
Charge Beam
Ice Beam

Cresselia, it doesn't die. It can hit pretty hard after a few charge beams if it has to stay in that long, and it's a third pokemon that's immune to earthquake.

I made this team by choosing a few pokemon I liked (namely gyarados, cresselia, and heatran) and working the rest of the team around them to fill in roles and weaknesses. Defensively, this team doesn't have that many weaknesses, and there are only three types that hit more than one pokemon SE (water, electric, and ice).
Some of the things I'm worried about include swampert and tyranitar; I don't really have anything that can hit them especially hard while they can hit most of my pokemon for a lot of damage. Weavile is also a little pest, as heatran is the only pokemon I have that can hit him hard without getting hit too hard in the process. Wish support would have been nice, but I don't really see anyone I could take out, although I could shift cresselia around to use lunar dane.
So basically, it's a team. Rate it. You know you want to.

Last edited:

Porygon_Rulz

Paciferous Porygon
Good team! Almost as hard as Arcane's to counter but I'll try.

First things first, as much as I hate and despise Alakazam it could be a bane for most of your team. Focus Blast takes care of Heatran and Skarmory, Energy Ball to OHKO Donphan and really damage Cresselia and Charge beam for Gyarados.

For Garchomp, use 5 dugtrios to get rid of it (Arena Trap + Toxic + Endure + Rest and thief (to get your leftovers) with Lum Berry). That should be enough for toxic to damage it. No wishers = no health back (leftovers is taken by Dugtrio #1 respectively and all dugtrio's after all have mudslap just to annoy it instead of thief). After Heatran is gone Porygon Z could also cause OHKO everyone else on team.

aquasuicune

5 dugtrios? Number one, that would be a violation of the ever-present species clause. Also, that's just a horrible idea. I also never said I had a garchomp weak, which I don't with cress (ice beam), gyarados (ice fang), and donphan (ice shard)

I'm not sure how much it will do, but ice shard on donphan will hit zam pretty hard. PorygonZ shouldn't be OHKO'ing cresselia, and garchomp should be able to kill it if it's not the choice scarf version.

Arcane

Critic
You didn't really rate my team, you just reminded me of Garchomp's EVs, but I"ll rate your team anyway.

I need the EVs to work better with, but I'm suggesting Taunt, even if you didn't tell me to, since you don't have a Baton Passer. Donphan will be OHKOed by any move except Flamethrower from Salamence. I'm going to use my threat list:

Tyranitar: Donphan

Gyarados: Cresselia

Infernape: If you're good Gyarados + Cresselia might stop it.

Azelf: This will really hurt the team, even Cresselia, so watch out.

Rhyperior: You can't really kill this if it's Sleep Talker, but just watch out, no real, solid counter for this.

Electivire: Kills Gyara, Chomp, Heatran, Skarmory, Donphan, Cresselia can't do anything against it, you're weak against this

Heracross: Skarmory will be killed if you switch it in, best hope is Gyarados, but if you do that all the time the opponent might realise and Stone Edge. This thing can rip you, watch out.

Salamence: Nothing for CG Mence: Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor combo will rape that team dry. Physical versions get Roared.

Togekiss: I forgot the moveset..

Gengar: Can rip through you with Choice Specs if the moveset contains Thunderbolt + Shadow Ball, can't see a counter.

Garchomp: Skarmory, but SDed Fire Fang will hurt, Ice Fang can deal with this.

Raikou: Nothing. Calm Mind will let him take less damage off Earth Power, I think this is faster than Garchomp, if I'm wrong then Garchomp can switch in on this if it hasn't Subbed.

Lucario: Heatran, Skarmory, Donphan

Rampardos: Skarmory, but it can't take punishment forever

Starmie: Cresselia

Weavile: Heatran, but again, without Wish, can't take punishment forever.

Alakazam: Can take punishment from Cresselia with Calm Mind, not sure how you kill this

PorygonZ: Hurts all teams.

Medicham: Gyarados, Skarmory

Staraptor: Skarmory, Heatran sometimes if CB

Aerodactyl: Skarmory can't take punishment forever, got STAB Stone Edge, can kill Skarmory sometimes. Donphan helps.

Snorlax: Skarmory

Zapdos: Cresselia

Blissey: Garchomp will be hurt badly by Ice Beam, can't see a hurting counter for this without Taunt Gyarados which will block Softboiled and Aroma/or Sing or Thunder Wave

Suicune: Charge Beam Cresselia, but Calm Minder might punish it? No solid counter for this.

Metagross: Jirachi can Reflect, Skarmory sets on it, Donphan isn't a counter.

Celebi: Skarmory, Heatran

Jirachi: Garchomp and Gyarados, don't let it Reflect!

Manaphy: Charge Beamer, but can Cresselia take that punishment?

I can see several weaks on your team, like Azelf, Rhyperior (you can set up on it though), Electivire, Heracross, CGMence can hurt, Gengar, Raikou, Alakazam, Manaphy. I am prepared to prove you wrong if you disagree on them, but of course, I may be wrong too. Mainly because you lack a Blissey, the special sweepers will go through your Cresselia if they're really strong like Azelf or PorygonZ, since Cresselia can't hurt them back for real. Anyway, I can't see much support from your team to your team mates: only Spikes and Stealth Rock. Healing Choicers is pretty important so they have longer staying power.

Megamiz

Neverchanging Avvie
@above poster: most teams are Electivire weak, but since Garchomp outspeeds it, it should be able to get a revenge kill if it doesn't come in on TBolt.

Also, Manaphy is thought to be Uber, so it shouldn't be on the threat list.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
For Garchomp, use 5 dugtrios to get rid of it (Arena Trap + Toxic + Endure + Rest and thief (to get your leftovers) with Lum Berry). That should be enough for toxic to damage it. No wishers = no health back (leftovers is taken by Dugtrio #1 respectively and all dugtrio's after all have mudslap just to annoy it instead of thief). After Heatran is gone Porygon Z could also cause OHKO everyone else on team.

Oh god i lold.

Enjoy ur gengar

aquasuicune

^Why don't you?

Also people, certain pokemon are standards for a reason.

Arcane-Thanks for the warning about azelf, gengar, alakazam, and pretty much the entire threat list in general. I'll have to think about that.
I was thinking about putting weavile on this team, perhaps over skarmory? I guess I can also consider blissey on the team too. She's just going to be a pain to breed, but whatever.

Last edited:

BlacK_JacK

LOL, Sup?
doh, u missed the point
this is just another run of the mill standard set (which is good or bad depending on your point of view) and thusly, needs little-0 changes.
the only thing people will recommend is your weaknesses (as some already have)

aquasuicune

doh, u missed the point
this is just another run of the mill standard set (which is good or bad depending on your point of view) and thusly, needs little-0 changes.
the only thing people will recommend is your weaknesses (as some already have)
Which is why I posted here, to find out the weaknesses on this team so I can find out what I need to fix.

aquasuicune

Added weavile over skarmory. I might work on a blissey set later.