• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Team. Detailed guide behind my thoughts and actions.

Bunch

N's Apprentice
Swampert @ Leftovers Weaknesses - Grass
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
Evs 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Stealth Rock (Spikes)
- Earthquake (Ground)
- Ice Beam (Ice)
- Roar (Utility)

Swampert serves as this teams lead. His type coverage is fairly versatile and the only real weakness he has is grass. He stands strong against the majority of popular leads such as Tyranitar, Metagross, Jirachi, Infernape, etc. He naturally has a good defense and a decent attack so it seemed foolish not to pick him. Stealth Rock: is a staple choice in any solid lead so this move didn't really require to much thought. Earthquake: is an amazing STAB and that 100% accuracy made it to tempting to pass up. Ice Beam: was placed to compensate for the Pokmeon that couldn't be hit by Earthquake and have brought down quite a few Azelfs with it. Roar: is here as a scouting tool the plan is lay down Stealth Rock and either Roar them if there a bother or Earthquake / Icebeam if there not.

Scizor @ Choice Band Weaknesses - Fire
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Evs 252 Att / 252 Hp / 4 Spe
- U-Turn (Bug)
- Pursuit (Dark)
- Bullet Punch (Steel)
- Super Power (Fighting)

Scizor serves as this teams Revenge Killer. Scizor is just an amazing Pokemon is almost every aspect, he only suffers from one weakness (Fire) and when combined with Technician and Choice band he becomes nothing short of a monster when sweeping. U-Turn: was chosen for scouting my enemys Scizor counter, it allows for me to not only do a nice chunk of damage but get my counter out there as well to cleanly sweep any threats posed to Scizor. Pursuit: is for psychics and ghost types like Gengar and Azelf and helps prevent them from switching out. Bullet Punch: is a staple due to it being a STAB and a priority move and helps clean out things fairly easy. Super Power: is here incase I run into a Tyranitar or a magnezone which tend to be a common switch against Scizor.

Starmie @ Life Orb Weaknesses - Electric, Grass, Dark, Ghost, and Bug
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Evs 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Hydro Pump (Water)
- Thunderbolt (Electric)
- Ice Beam (Ice)
- Rapid Spin (Normal)

Starmie serves as this teams Special Sweeper. Amazing Speed and Special Attack, it covers a extremely decent amount of types (Water, Electric, and Ice) and has synergy with the next sweeper you will read about (Lucario) and covers my Scizor when I encounter a fire type. Hydro Pump: is a monster STAB and will help me clear up any counters and/or Spinblockers. Thunderbolt: is 100% accurate with good damage so I decided to use this for the type coverage to keep water types and flying types off my Lucario. Ice Beam: is there to protect Starmie from Grass types. Rapid Spin: is to clear the field of Spikes, Bind, Wrap, Etc.

Lucario @ Life Orb Weaknesses - Fire, Fight, Ground
Ability: Inner Focus
Evs 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Sword Dance (Utility)
- Close Combat (Fighting)
- Extremespeed (Normal)
- Earthquake (Ground)

Lucario serves as this teams Physical Sweeper. Well I placed Lucario in here as an end game sweeper. He has a naturally high Attack and Speed so I decided to roll with it. His weaknesses can be covered by Swampert and Starmie . Sword Dance: once used makes him into a formidable end game sweeper and that paired with a wide range of moves can be fatal end game. Close Combat: is his monster STAB. Extremespeed: is amazing it's a nice way to clean up lower Pokemon. Earthquake: has great damage not to mention covers his Fire weakness.

Infernape @ Life Orb Weaknesses - Water, Ground, and Psychic
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty
Evs 252 Att / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
- Grassknot (Grass)
- Stone Edge (Rock)
- Overheat (Fire)

Infernape serves as this teams Mixed Sweeper. Good synergy with Lucario, Starmie, and Swampert able to switch in and quickly clean up there counters. Close Combat: is here because it's an op STAB. Grassknot: combined with the SpA can clean up annoying walls like Swampert and Vaporeon. Stone Edge: is for diversity and coverage. Overheat: is to take down people that would bother my Swampert or Starmie and it just does amazing damage.

Blissey @ Leftovers Weaknesses - Fighting
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Spec Def / 4 Def
- Wish (Utility)
- Seismic Toss (Normal)
- Protect (Utility)
- Toxic (Poison)

Blissey serves as this teams Special Wall. Well unfair Hit Points and Special Defense not to mention a great move-set so went with Blissey. Wish: is to heal teammates and Blissey to ensure the vital Pokemon are kept alive and that Blissey can survive longer and let Toxic do its magic. Seismic Toss: is to poke while defending. Protect: to stall for heal and poison. Toxic: to chip away at opponents health while stalling with Blissey.

Electric: 1 These are the types that are strong against my Pokemon.
Grass: 2 the numbers represent how many Pokemon the following
Dark: 1 weaknesses affect.
Ghost: 1
Bug: 1
Fire: 2
Fight: 2
Ground: 2
Water: 1
Psychic: 1

Please tell me your thoughts and opinions on my team. Tips and improvements are not only wanted but appreciated.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
what about wish-evio-chansey. alot more bulk, and likes the wish supprt.
run justified over inner focus on lucario, for the att boost on switching for starmie

Klaus™

Banned
what about wish-evio-chansey. alot more bulk, and likes the wish supprt.
run justified over inner focus on lucario, for the att boost on switching for starmie

no one uses dark type moves....

literally, only 3 moves are used:
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- and dark pulse

and only 3 pokemon use them:

tyranitar
scizor
hydreigon

and not all hydreigon use d-pulse. tyranitar and scizor will pursuit anyway for the ohko.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Swampert @ Leftovers Weaknesses - Grass
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
Evs 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Stealth Rock (Spikes)
- Earthquake (Ground)
- Ice Beam (Ice)
- Roar (Utility)

Swampert serves as this teams lead. His type coverage is fairly versatile and the only real weakness he has is grass. He stands strong against the majority of popular leads such as Tyranitar, Metagross, Jirachi, Infernape, etc. He naturally has a good defense and a decent attack so it seemed foolish not to pick him. Stealth Rock: is a staple choice in any solid lead so this move didn't really require to much thought. Earthquake: is an amazing STAB and that 100% accuracy made it to tempting to pass up. Ice Beam: was placed to compensate for the Pokmeon that couldn't be hit by Earthquake and have brought down quite a few Azelfs with it. Roar: is here as a scouting tool the plan is lay down Stealth Rock and either Roar them if there a bother or Earthquake / Icebeam if there not.

Scizor @ Choice Band Weaknesses - Fire
Ability: Technician
Evs 252 Att / 252 Hp / 4 Spe
- U-Turn (Bug)
- Pursuit (Dark)
- Bullet Punch (Steel)
- Super Power (Fighting)

Scizor serves as this teams Revenge Killer. Scizor is just an amazing Pokemon is almost every aspect, he only suffers from one weakness (Fire) and when combined with Technician and Choice band he becomes nothing short of a monster when sweeping. U-Turn: was chosen for scouting my enemys Scizor counter, it allows for me to not only do a nice chunk of damage but get my counter out there as well to cleanly sweep any threats posed to Scizor. Pursuit: is for psychics and ghost types like Gengar and Azelf and helps prevent them from switching out. Bullet Punch: is a staple due to it being a STAB and a priority move and helps clean out things fairly easy. Super Power: is here incase I run into a Tyranitar or a magnezone which tend to be a common switch against Scizor.

Starmie @ Life Orb Weaknesses - Electric, Grass, Dark, Ghost, and Bug
Nature: Timid
Evs 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Hydro Pump (Water)
- Thunderbolt (Electric)
- Ice Beam (Ice)
- Rapid Spin (Normal)

Starmie serves as this teams Special Sweeper. Amazing Speed and Special Attack, it covers a extremely decent amount of types (Water, Electric, and Ice) and has synergy with the next sweeper you will read about (Lucario) and covers my Scizor when I encounter a fire type. Hydro Pump: is a monster STAB and will help me clear up any counters and/or Spinblockers. Thunderbolt: is 100% accurate with good damage so I decided to use this for the type coverage to keep water types and flying types off my Lucario. Ice Beam: is there to protect Starmie from Grass types. Rapid Spin: is to clear the field of Spikes, Bind, Wrap, Etc.

Lucario @ Life Orb Weaknesses - Fire, Fight, Ground
Ability: Inner Focus
Evs 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Sword Dance (Utility)
- Extremespeed (Normal)
- Earthquake (Ground)

Lucario serves as this teams Physical Sweeper. Well I placed Lucario in here as an end game sweeper. He has a naturally high Attack and Speed so I decided to roll with it. His weaknesses can be covered by Swampert and Starmie . Sword Dance: once used makes him into a formidable end game sweeper and that paired with a wide range of moves can be fatal end game. Close Combat: is his monster STAB. Extremespeed: is amazing it's a nice way to clean up lower Pokemon. Earthquake: has great damage not to mention covers his Fire weakness.

Infernape @ Life Orb Weaknesses - Water, Ground, and Psychic
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty
Evs 252 Att / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
- Grassknot (Grass)
- Stone Edge (Rock)
- Overheat (Fire)

Infernape serves as this teams Mixed Sweeper. Good synergy with Lucario, Starmie, and Swampert able to switch in and quickly clean up there counters. Close Combat: is here because it's an op STAB. Grassknot: combined with the SpA can clean up annoying walls like Swampert and Vaporeon. Stone Edge: is for diversity and coverage. Overheat: is to take down people that would bother my Swampert or Starmie and it just does amazing damage.

Blissey @ Leftovers Weaknesses - Fighting
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Spec Def / 4 Def
- Wish (Utility)
- Seismic Toss (Normal)
- Protect (Utility)
- Toxic (Poison)

Blissey serves as this teams Special Wall. Well unfair Hit Points and Special Defense not to mention a great move-set so went with Blissey. Wish: is to heal teammates and Blissey to ensure the vital Pokemon are kept alive and that Blissey can survive longer and let Toxic do its magic. Seismic Toss: is to poke while defending. Protect: to stall for heal and poison. Toxic: to chip away at opponents health while stalling with Blissey.

Electric: 1 These are the types that are strong against my Pokemon.
Grass: 2 the numbers represent how many Pokemon the following
Dark: 1 weaknesses affect.
Ghost: 1
Bug: 1
Fire: 2
Fight: 2
Ground: 2
Water: 1
Psychic: 1

Please tell me your thoughts and opinions on my team. Tips and improvements are not only wanted but appreciated.

Wow. Is this your first team? I'm impressed, you clearly grasp synergy very well. A few minor things, however. I generally see Mach Punch as superior to Grass Knot on Infernape. Grass Knot simply isn't a viable move anymore. It was only viable last generation because of Swampert's popularity, as well as a few other heavy Grass-weak Pokemon like Rhyperior. You could also try Thunderpunch, it takes a chunk out of Politoed, Tentacruel, Vaporeon, etc.

...You know, now that I look at it, is this possibly a 4th generation team? Things like Azelf are almost unheard of in the current OU metagame, yet it was one of the most popular leads last generation.

I'm moving this to the 4th gen RMT forums because it seems to be a D/P/P team. If it is for Black White just say so and I'll move it back.

Don't run Thunder Punch on Infernape. With Stealth Rocks your other moves will hurt most of its targets about as hard.

Run 248 HP on Scizor. Because of the way damage rounds this means you take less damage from Stealth Rocks, so it breaks even after one hit from rocks and pays for itself every hit after that.

252 DEFENSE EVs are required on Blissey. Otherwise you get OHKOed by Pursuit or any random weak attack. Getting massacred by even weaker walls like Swampert, Skarmory, and Hippowdon is dumb too.

Bunch

N's Apprentice
Elaborate please why would I make Blissy a physical wall? Then my team wouldn't have anything to defend from special attacks

I think you are underestimating how bulky 255 HP / 135 base Sp def is. You do not need to run ANY HP EVs to take Special hits. Running 252 Defense LITERALLY DOUBLES your ability to take physical hits (like PURSUIT which Blissey takes a lot of).

I'm going to quote Thorns from Smogon on the subject of no defense Blissey. He explains it better than I ever could ^_^

Thorns said:
i said your blissey spread is stupid.

cb scizor's u-turn does 109% - 128.3%. that's a guaranteed ohko.
cb ttar's crunch does 127.3% - 150%. no-switch pursuit 2hkos. i hope you're seeing where i'm going with this
life orb ledian's brick break does 58% - 68.3%. you are 2HKOD BY A MOTHER****ING LEDIAN CHANGE THE ****ING EVS NOW