• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my team (dilemma...)

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
Ok, so this is my current team:

TRICK ROOM TEAM

ferrothorn.gif
I'm not sure if this should stay!

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers or a Shed Shell
Sassy Nature
Steel Thorns/Iron Barbs
EVs: 252HP/248Sp.Def/8 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is mainly used here to get out the most amount of Spikes and Stealth Rocks as it can as a defensive measure and back up for the rest of the team. It also acts as a wall (of sorts). Gyro Ball makes use of Ferrothorn's low speed, and keeping damage high. Power Whip is used to take out any water-based threats. Though, I am not quite sure if maybe it should have Giga Drain instead, as its not very reliable when acting as a massively defensive wall.

AnimatedGliscor-BW.gif
Staying in party!

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb/Black Sludge (I dont know)
Impish Nature
Sand Veil ( Maybe Poison Heal)
EVs: 252 HP/4Atk/252 Sp. Def
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang/Facade/Arial Ace/Stealth Rock/Acrobatics
- Fling

Gliscor wears the opponent down and is a physical wall. Knock Off is here to take out the enemy Leftovers (common), so's to stop it from having a reliable healing method. Roost to regain lost health from a barrage of attacks, continuing its act as a wall. Earthquake is the attack Gliscor relies on to cause the most damage. Ice Fang is there to deal with the Dragon-type threats, as it has no other means of doing so. I have also added Facade incase I do use Toxic Orb.

th_579.gif
Also don't know if this should stay, but it's the Trick Room trigger.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Atk
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
- Shadow Ball / Recover

Reuniclus is used here as a sweeper. It causes the most damage in the shortest possible time, whilst taking advantage of its incredibly low speed by using Trick Room. I could use Psyshock instead of Psychic as a main offence, but I felt that an extra 10 base damage would prove to be quite helpful. Focus Blast or Hidden Power as a secondary means of offence. As for Shadow Ball or recover, I'm more inclined to go with recover, as I already have two powerful, offensive moves, and again, wears the opponent down.

560.gif
Staying in party! Also, I should probably change Scrafty to Sassy nature, but I've already started training it, so I'd rather not. Plus, it already has low base speed.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Atk
- Rest
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback

Scrafty is the main bulky wall here. Bulk Up bulks up it already-bulkiness into even more bulkiness, being able to dish out reasonable damage, whilst its defences rise also. Rest is here because Shed Skin increases the chance of waking up early, meaning it can utilize the regained health more efficiently. Payback also uses the pokemon's sub-par speed to inflict as much damage as possible, and can be used with Drain Punch to regain any lost health, whilst still remaining on the offence.

th_JELLICENT.gif
Staying in party!

Jellicent @ Leftovers?
Calm Nature
Water Absorb/Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP/ 156 Def/ 100 Spe
- Scald or Surf
- Toxic / Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam

Jellicent performs well as a defensive Pokemon. It resists powerful physical moves, such as Close Combat, and resists common special moves, like Surf. For one, it covers Ferrothorn's weaknesses, just like Ferrothorn covers Jellicent's weaknesses. I'm not too sure about Water Absorb vs Cursed Body: Water Absorb is obviously helpful for regaining health, but I cant see why someone would try and hit Jellicent with a water attack, unless they have been locked into it. Cursed Body could disable one move, and render the rest useless, as they may have no effect on Ghost-types. For the first slot, I may put Surf for the sheer power. Then again, I could use Scald, saving my self the second slot of Will-o-wisp and putting in Toxic, which acts as a very deadly combo. Recover reinforces this "wall", much like the other pokemon in this party. Ice Beam eliminates Dragon threats, such as Garchomp or Salamence, which, in that case, could prove very handy. Then again Shadow Ball is a viable option also, as Jellicent is part Ghost, so the opponent may send out other Ghost types to get rid of it. Also, Shadow Ball receives STAB, increasing its versatility against Ghost types. After all, we don't want to be defenceless against Ghosts, do we?

534000.gif
Staying in party!

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
Guts
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
- Mach Punch
- Superpower/Drain Punch/Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge
- Payback

Good survivability and sheer aggression makes this pokemon key in a Trick Room party. Mach Punch tears holes in anything that isn't resistant to it (Ghost), which is why Payback is there; this takes advantage of Conkeldurr's low speed (assuming Trick Room isn't up), especially when up against the speedy Gengar. Superpower, Drain Punch and Hammer Arm are all STAB moves: Superpower is extremely powerful here, but it does come with offensive and defensive stat reductions. Hammer Arm is much like Superpower, but without the reductions. Its speed goes down, but Conkeldurr won't be outspeeding anything anyway. Drain Punch is there as a reliable health regeneration source, whilst also having STAB. This pokemon also covers Scrafty's weaknesses, and completely decimates Ice-Type threats, not to say that Conkeldurr is the only one to be relied on when it comes to this. Stone Edge provides better type coverage.

I COULD ALSO ADD THESE ONES (in place of what?)

Drapion_Sprite.gif
I really want to use this one!

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
Battle Armour
EVs: 252 HP/ 56 Def/ 196 Sp.Def/ 4 Spe
- Crunch / Earthquake
- Substitute
- Acupressure
- Rest

Tank insanity right here. Drapion is protected from critical hits, whilst recovering its HP and increasing all of its stats. This set makes it possible to sit there with +6 in each stat, including evasion and accuracy. therefore, Acupressure is KEY. Crunch for a reliable offense, or Earthquake to eliminate anything that threatens Drapion's Ground weakness. Substitute allows time for the use of Acupressure. When the Substitute breaks, you could potentially have enough defense to use Rest to regain health. Then Substitute again to increase stats further.

437.gif

Bronzong @ Leftovers?
Brave Nature
Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball

Bronzong is used as good resistance (especially to ice) and as the other Trick Roomer. Whist being very defensive, the EV spread shows it can also be a deadly offensive threat too. Its sluggishness is obviously a vital asset when it comes to Trick Room teams. Earthquake and Explosion paired with its Attack stat completely and utterly decimate anything that doesn't have Levitate or is flying. Trick Room goes without saying. Gyro Ball: like on Ferrothorn, it makes the most of its sluggishness to max out the base power of this move to around 150.

Thats my team, but I'm thinking maybe I should also think about having a Skill Linked Cloyster with Icicle Spear, but I'm not sure it is a good idea. But please, give feedback on the team and give recommendations if you can. Much apprecciated

~xSiculus

Last edited:

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
Well first off anything Scarfed (or even not) with Flamethrower and dark Pulse can kill 3 of your 6 team, with that being Reuniclus, ferrothorn, and Scizor all of which have low speed (this is assuming Trick Room has not been up yet or is down ofcourse)

Second, you really need explanations before a Mod locks this. And make the Title trick room team or something since i believe that is what its supposed to be.

Third, if you are going to keep Gliscor i would give it Facade, with the Toxic Orb active it gives it 120 base power. Sure you wont be able ot hit something like a Gengar but why would you be fighting a Gengar who generally runs Focus Blast and can outspeed it.

An alternative to Gliscor could be Conkeldurr, he runs low speed also (which keeps trick room in mind) covers Scraftys major fighting weakness and has great survivabilty.

Do keep in mind that 3 of your 4 things are weak to Ice attacks so maybe add something in to take care of that?

Also why the 12 HP Evs on Garchomp? if theres a specific reason state it otherwise i would go with max Speed and Attack EV's on it. And i wouldnt run Iron Defense on Scizor, defenitly run SD. Keep in Mind that Scizor only has 1 actual attack, meaning he can get easily walled by any type resisting Steel.

Hope this helped ^_^

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
I've changed it up, so now the edits are in bold.

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
Your still rediculously weak to ice mate, any hail team will rip you apart. Add something or take something out to help take care of that. Vaporeon, Jellicent, are all things that could do that

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
I've edited some more now :)

Quilava2

Flaming Ninja
Try putting on another trick roomer like Bronzong. Also change natures like careful to sassy and adamant to brave so they lower speed.

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
@above: Thats a good point!

@Quilava: OK

EDITS ARE IN ITALICS

Last edited:

SleazyC

AnimatedGliscor-BW.gif

Gliscor w/Toxic Orb (I dont know)
Impish Nature
Sand Veil ( Maybe Poison Heal)
EVs: 252 HP/4Atk/252 Sp. Atk
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Fling

Just what I'd do with Gliscor, After you get poison Fling your Orb. If you do that you will get the extra damage from Acrobatics as you will no longer be holding a item.

Edits are in Bold

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
My Jellicent is very similar to yours, although its EV's are totally different.

Jellicent@Leftovers (you should keep it)
Scald
Toxic
Recover
Shadow Ball/Ice Beam (Shadow Ball is stronger, but Ice Beam has more coverage, you decide what you want.)

Thebritains

Soul Searchin'
Actually like Quilava said Bronzong would help out alot, especially with its dream World ability it will solve your Ice weakness and it will help out with fire attacks. Also Cursed Body on Jellicent would most likely work better seing as you have nothing with a water weakness that can bait out those types of attacks

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
@SleazyC: Yeah, I might do that, cause it seems like a good idea, but I though knock off would be good to rid the enemy of items

@Above: I concur. I think I might take Shadow Ball sheerly because I have dragon coverage in other parts of this party (i think)

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
Whaddya think I should put in Bronzong for?

SleazyC

Oh yeah, wasn't even looking at Gliscor's EV's. Instead of Points in Special Attack Stick em in attack and place 4 in speed or something.

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
SleazyC: Done :)

Though I'm not sure I should use Tox Orb, seeing as if it has roost, it wont have Poison Heal

SleazyC

Might be beneficial to ditch roost and get the Ice Fang then I'm not sure, just depends. You could cover more pokemon with less healing or vice-versa. Keep in mind though, while your poisoned you can't be put to sleep, burnt, paralyzed, or frozen, that's the big perk to toxic orb imo with Gliscor.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Give Gliscor Toxic Orba and poison heal, Sand Veil is okay, but conditional, and Black Sludge will hurt you if you don't fling it first turn, which is very restricting. With Toxic Orb not only are you doing more damage with status but you get some healing too.

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
Yeah, but I can't get Poison Heal, if I have Roost, 'cause Roost is Gen IV

xSiculus

Pick up your feet!
I suppose, but I think Roost is better for a Stalling Gliscor rather than Poison Heal, which is better for Offensive Gliscor