• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Team For The Elite Four

boynamedfish

Master of Darkness
CLOSED THREAD

I need help with my team for the elite four. this is it:

1.Axew(In Training) - Lv. 34
Dragon Dance
Slash
False Swipe
Dragon Claw
Item - Lucky Egg
Ability - Mold Breaker

Emboar - Lv. 75
Fire Pledge
Head Smash
Flare Blitz
Blast Burn
Item- Rocky Helmet
Ability - Blaze

Cobalion - Lv. 59
Return
Retaliate
Iron Head
Sacred Sword
Item - Metal Coat
Ability - Justified

Mamoswine - Lv. 56
Ice Beam
Blizzard
AncientPower
Earthquake
Item - None
Ability - Oblivious

Azumarill - Lv. 51
Scald
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Surf
Item - Shell Bell
Ability - Huge Power

Altaria - Lv. 57
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
Fly
Dragon Pulse
Item - Dragon Fang
Ability - Natural Cure

If you can help then please reply!

Last edited:

devondashla

I need help with my team for the elite four. this is it:

1.Axew(In Training) - Lv. 34
Dragon Dance
Slash
False Swipe
Dragon Claw
Item - Lucky Egg
Ability - Mold Breaker

Emboar - Lv. 75
Fire Pledge
Head Smash
Flare Blitz
Blast Burn
Item- Rocky Helmet
Ability - Blaze

Cobalion - Lv. 59
Return
Retaliate
Iron Head
Sacred Sword
Item - Metal Coat
Ability - Justified

Mamoswine - Lv. 56
Ice Beam
Blizzard
AncientPower
Earthquake
Item - None
Ability - Oblivious

Azumarill - Lv. 51
Scald
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Surf
Item - Shell Bell
Ability - Huge Power

Altaria - Lv. 57
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
Fly
Dragon Pulse
Item - Dragon Fang
Ability - Natural Cure

If you can help then please reply!

Let me start off by pointing out that your Emboar is level 75. That is ridiculously high for your first time through the Elite Four--if you go in with it alone, you could probably have no problems except for the Psychic types.

boynamedfish

Master of Darkness
Let me start off by pointing out that your Emboar is level 75. That is ridiculously high for your first time through the Elite Four--if you go in with it alone, you could probably have no problems except for the Psychic types.

Ya I know the only problem is Caitlin and Iris. They're the only ones i can't beat! I also need a place to get money since they took it all... out of revives and hyper potions...

~ DC ~

The reason you cannot beat them is that you are mainly using Fire Types Moves. You'd do better to extend your coverage.

• Emboar @ Life Orb
  • Blaze
  • Mild / Lonely
~ Flamethrower ~
~ Wild Charge ~
~ Scald / Flame Charge ~
~ Brick Break / Hammer Arm ~

• Haxorus @ Leftovers
  • Mold Breaker
  • Adamant / Jolly
~ Dragon Dance ~
~ Dragon Claw ~
~ Earthquake ~
~ Brick Break / Rock Slide ~

boynamedfish

Master of Darkness
Ya thanks this will help. Haxorus is at level 48 so not too far away only about 12-14 levels away now
Question - Where can i get Hammer Arm? Is it a TM? Same with Brick Break and Wild Charge. And where do i get Leftovers and Life Orb?

KillerDraco

Mamoswine wants physical attacks, not special ones. Ice Shard takes advantage of its high attack but modest speed with its priority, while Icicle Crash has more power and makes it good for things you outspeed. Stone Edge or Rock Slide can round off your coverage, but which you pick depends on power vs. accuracy. Unfortunately for you, Ice Shard is a pre-evolution move it can only learn as Swinub, and Icicle Crash can only be obtained via breeding. So you'd have to breed an entirely new Mamoswine to get those moves. If that's not an option for you, your only choice for a physical ice type move is Ice Fang, so use that. You could toss Superpower for the fourth move; it's got somewhat redundant coverage with Earthquake, but Mamoswine doesn't get many other viable physical options.

Mamoswine
-Ice Shard/Ice Fang
-Icicle Crash/Superpower
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Likewise for Azumarill. Its Huge Power ability means its attack is doubled, but not its special attack; it needs to be using physical attacks. Furthermore you gave it an entirely water movepool! That just making it too one dimensional. Give it Ice Punch, and Brick Break or Superpower. Aqua Jet also works well on Azumarill since it has low speed but high attack due to Huge Power; unfortunately, that's another breeding move. Keep Waterfall for sure; drop every other attack. For the fourth move, you can always opt for Return.

Azumarill
-Aqua Jet/Return
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break/Superpower

Cobalion could make use of Swords Dance to bolster its decent but unspectacular attack. Close Combat is preferable over Sacred Sword, but you won't get that until level 73 so it can wait. Stone Edge or Rock Slide will help it deal with flying types that otherwise give it trouble, and you can try X-Scissor for your fourth move for a little bit more coverage (against Psychics and Grass types especially, the former of which you said you had trouble with).

Cobalion
-Swords Dance
-Sacred Sword/Close Combat
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-X-Scissor

Altaria is fairly crappy and I'd suggest dropping her altogether; you already have Haxorus as a dragon type, and Altaria is probably the worst fully evolved Dragon type in my eyes. If you still want a flying type, you should try Yanmega or Sigilyph. Both give you a fairly good special attacker, and work well as anti-fighting types.

Yanmega
Speed Boost/Tinted Lens (both are viable)
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Giga Drain
-Psychic/Shadow Ball/whatever you want as a coverage move

Sigilyph
Magic Guard
-Psychic
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball/Signal Beam

Just my 2 cents.

boynamedfish

Master of Darkness
OK thanks! I might do Yanmega but do you think Braviary would also work? If it would then please tell me what moves i should put on it. I have a Rufflet Lv. 47 atm

KillerDraco

OK thanks! I might do Yanmega but do you think Braviary would also work? If it would then please tell me what moves i should put on it. I have a Rufflet Lv. 47 atm

Braviary is pretty good at what it does; I merely suggested a specially oriented flying type because your team is fairly physical heavy.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
^ In that case,

Braviary
~ Fly
~ Superpower
~ Rock Slide
~ Return / Shadow Claw / Hone Claws

Fairly standard set. Fly is your STAB move of choice; it's powerful and reliable, and in-game the whole 'two-turn' thing isn't that important since your opponent isn't going to switch. Superpower to deal with Steel-types, and Rock Slide for more coverage, and a good move to use against other Flying-types. Return can be used for neutral coverage, Shadow Claw if you're having trouble with Shauntal, or Hone Claws if you feel Braviary isn't hitting as hard as it could.

That said, given how many physical attackers you already have, I would be more inclined to run a Sigilyph (use KillerDraco's set, except use Heat Wave > Shadow Ball for Steel-types and Signal Beam as your last move) or Yanmega (again, KillerDraco's set is good).

Also on KillerDraco's Azumarill set, given the fact that Azumarill isn't that fast, I would definitely run Aqua Jet for priority (and it's quite powerful as well given the Huge Power boost) and you can run Return > Waterfall if you want.

boynamedfish

Master of Darkness
Ok i might be able to get Yanmega to beat the elite four. Im getting a DSI or 3DS in about a week or two so i'll just wait for Yanmega.

boynamedfish

Master of Darkness
I beat them with the same team except i changed up my moves a bit! Thank you Zhanton and KillerDraco! You 2 were helpful!