• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Team (New To Wi-fi Battles)

Shmiiii

Hello, I am new to wi-fi battles and i have made a team, wondering if you could rate it and help me out on anything that you seem could be changed that would help me out. So here i go ^_^

I dont have a leading pokemon yet, but im thinking Breloom.

Breloom (@Toxic Orb)
(Adamant | Poison Heal)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb / Rockslide
- Leech Seed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im a bit confused on which Milotic to take. so i will put both set lists

Milotic (@Leftovers)
(Calm | Marvel Scale)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rest or Recover
- Sleep Talk or Toxic

For Milotic i was thinking Rest and Sleep Talk cause of her Marvel Scale Ability

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eelketross (@Life Orb)
(Sassy | Levitate)
- Flamethrower
- Volt Charge
- Dragon Tail
- Grass Knot

I like this pokemon with levitate cause then its main weakness has gone with ground moves

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volcarona (@ Air Balloon) <- Not to sure what item
(Timid | Flamebody)
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance

Tyranitar (@ Leftovers)
(Brave | Sandstream)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rockslide
- Thunderbolt <- might change with ice or fire punch

Braviary (@ Lifeorb) <- Confused again :S
(Adamant | Sheer Force)
-Crush Claw
-Rockslide
-Brave Bird
-Tailwind

Please leave any opinions and help below. Thank you

chap196

For Volcarona
If you play BW2, then use Giga Drain instead of Hurricane for more coverages and to heal itself. If you still play BW1, then use Psychic instead of Hurricane for more coverages and accuracy.

papayaperson

Mathematician
Breloom: I tried the poison heal strategy with Breloom before, and tbh it's not as useful as it seems. Breloom is a fast sweeper, but has terrible speed and it's attack isn't even that great. I'd replace Breloom altogether.

Milotic: Give it rest, and instead of sleep talk or toxic I'd use Dragon Pulse. And give it a Chesto Berry, so it'll immediately wake up from the first rest.

Elektross: For any pokemon, I'd stick to one type of attack, even if a pokemon has good stats for both. I'd use physical attacks. Give it Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Rock Slide, and Brick Break. and No item, so acrobatics becomes more powerful.

Volcarona: I'd give it Giga Drain instead of Quiver Dance and holding a Big Root, as this is my Volcarona's set and it is very successful.

Tyranitar: Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide, and Crunch instead of thunderbolt. Also thunder fang instead of dragon dance.

Braviary: She seems pretty good imo

Overall you need to check out your natures. Just as a basis to go off of, Modest is good for Special Attackers and Adamant is better for Physical Attackers.

chap196

For papayaperson
Don't use Giga Drain instead of Quiver Dance becuase Quiver Dance really helps Volcarona to sweep you opponent Pokemon, also it gain its Special Defense. Giga Drain instead of Hurricane for more coverages and Hurricane only give Fighting Coverages. Use Life Orb or Leftover instead of Air Balloon since Volcarona doesn't have weakness to Ground Type.

Royal -585-

Dragonite RAWR!
for eelektross, since you want no item to boost acrobatics i suggest giving it flying gem. the item is used before using the move, powering it up even more.

and for volcarona i got a useful set:

Volcarona@Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Giga Drain

Good set, quiver dance powering up volcarona's strongest stats. has bug buzz and fiery dance for STAB damage and since you want giga drain there it is haha.

Volcarona@Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Hidden Power Ground

Hidden power ground covers pokemon like heatran which volcarona wont be able to touch.

for braviary i got two sets that are both good i guess haha:

Braviary(@Life Orb)
(Jolly|Defiant)
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
-Brave Bird
-Return
-Superpower
-Roost

Braviary(@Leftovers)
(Careful|Defiant)
252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
-Brave Bird/Return
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
-Roost

dpdude

teehee
Since your tyranitar is brave, i suggest using this set:
Tyranitar@chople berry/leftovers
252hp/176atk/76def
brave
curse
stone edge
crunch
fire blast

with brave nature his speed is done for anyway, so dragon dance is pointless. this set makes him an absolute wall