• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Team of Awesomeness

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
First things first, i dont put pokemon into tiers, i just fight. Now here's my team

Samurott (Hasty)
Torrent
-Waterfall
-Megahorn
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Fighting)

Blaziken (Adamant)
Speed Boost
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-Hi Jump Kick

Metagross (Adamant)
Clear Body
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch

Zoroark (Timid)
Illusion
-Nasty Plot
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

Thundurus (Timid)
Prankster
-Taunt
-Thunderbolt
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Terrakion (Jolly)
Justified
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Sacred Sword

Will you please reccomend items for each of them

Edits in bold

Last edited:

themarkham123

Pokemon Master
change blazikens earthquake to stone edge to kill flying types

Lithium_C

Cross-Genre Gamer
~ As themarkham123 has suggested, Stone Edge is a brilliant idea. On the other hand, you could use Protect in its place, to accumulate Speed Boosts.
~ Having two elemental Punches on Metagross doesn't bring much to the coverage side of things. One of the elemental Punches (depending on what you feel is unnecessary) should be replaced with either Pursuit, Zen Headbutt, or Bullet Punch. One of these three could also replace Earthquake, as I think it would be of more use.
~ Terrakion would benefit from using Close Combat over Sacred Sword, or power will be found severely lacking.
As for items, I would use:
~ Samurott: Expert Belt
~ Blaziken: Lum Berry (Life Orb is better used on Zoroark, and this will prevent a paralysis ruining your Speed Boost)
~ Metagross: Choice Band
~ Zoroark: Life Orb
~ Raikou: Choice Specs
~ Terrakion: Choice Scarf

Final

I Submit to No One
First things first, i dont put pokemon into tiers, i just fight. Now here's my team

Samurott (Hasty)
Torrent
-Waterfall
-Megahorn
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Fighting)

Please use Waterfall over Razor Shell. Not only is it more accurate but it is stronger too.

Blaziken (Adamant)
Speed Boost
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Protect
-Hi Jump Kick

Earthquake doesn't cover crap so don't use it. Use Stone Edge or Rock Slide as they both compliment his moveset better. Keep in mind in most instances Flare Blitz will hit harder than a Super Effective Rock Slide so Stone Edge might be better. The reason Rock Slide is mentioned is because of the fact Stone Edge's 80% accuracy means it'll miss more often than not. If its accuracy doesn't bother you, by all means use it. Protect is an option there too in order to guarantee Blaziken gets a Speed Boost up.

Metagross (Adamant)
Clear Body
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch

Looks fine.

Zoroark (Timid)
Illusion
-Nasty Plot
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

Use a Timid Nature. Since Zoroark isn't running any Physical attacks or Counter, there is absolutely no reason to use a Hasty Nature over a Timid Nature. Aside from that its fine.

Raikou (Rash)
Pressure
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball / Calm Mind
-Hidden Power (Ice) / Calm Mind
-Aura Sphere

Use Calm Mind over either Shadow Ball or Hidden Power Ice to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense. It already gets near perfect type coverage between just 3 moves (in fact with Shadow Ball, it has perfect coverage just between it and Aura Sphere while with HP Ice, Aura Sphere and Thunderbolt, Raikou covers everything barring Shedinja I believe).

Terrakion (Jolly)
Justified
-Stone Edge / Rock Slide
-X-Scissor / Swords Dance
-Earthquake / Swords Dance
-Sacred Sword / Close Combat

You'd be stupid not to use Swords Dance on Terrakion. It already has great Attack and Speed as well as great type coverage and after a Swords Dance, there's not much that can stop it. Use it over either Earthquake or X-Scissor. Rock Slide is a more accurate alternative to Stone Edge although it isn't as powerful. Close Combat is also viable over Sacred Sword for more power.

Will you please reccomend items for each of them

Suggestions in bold. Not a bad team overall. For hold items, it's mostly Leftovers and Life Orbs for this team. More specifically:

Samurott @ Life Orb
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Metagross @ Choice Band
Zoroark @ Life Orb
Raikou @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Terrakion @ Life Orb / Leftovers

There's no real point in using an item other than Life Orb on Blaziken since Flare Blitz recoil and its poor Defenses will mean it'll die quickly anyway so it may as well hit as hard as it can while its alive. Samurott being used as a mixed Attacker will benefit from a Life Orb since it boosts all its offensive moves. Metagross is best suited to holding a Choice Band given its moveset although if you don't like the restrictive nature of Choice items, Life Orb or Muscle Band are viable alternatives. Zoroark is pretty much in the same boat as Blaziken minus the Flare Blitz recoil. It's not very bulky so it may as well hit as hard as it can while it's alive. Raikou and Terrakion are both offensive Pokemon so of course Life Orb will benefit them but given the fact that they're both also moderately bulky, Leftovers is useable althoug Terrakion's typing Defensively is pretty bad since it has a fair few weaknesses to hit upon.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
~ Having two elemental Punches on Metagross doesn't bring much to the coverage side of things. One of the elemental Punches (depending on what you feel is unnecessary) should be replaced with either Pursuit, Zen Headbutt, or Bullet Punch. One of these three could also replace Earthquake, as I think it would be of more use.

wait, what?

Electric + Ice has one of the best coverage in the game, and combined with a Ground move, that means Shedinja is the only thing that stops it....

Like what Final said, that Metagross is fine.

Lithium_C

Cross-Genre Gamer
wait, what?

Electric + Ice has one of the best coverage in the game, and combined with a Ground move, that means Shedinja is the only thing that stops it....

Thunderpunch and Ice Punch at the same time are only going to fill up space. While Electric & Ice does provide excellent coverage, the replacements provide decent enough coverage as is. Pursuit means Metagross can KO Shedinja, and can trap Pokémon who would rather switch out. Zen Headbutt is not the best option, but can still handle Pokémon such as Conkeldurr and Machamp. Bullet Punch allows Metagross to KO faster Pokémon without needing to switch out to avoid being KOed itself. Bullet Punch and Pursuit are also valued for their effects, whereas the Punches are unable to do anything except spread status around.

In addition, Moo's BW OU Metagross analysis on the Smogon forums does not list any set as having both Ice and Thunderpunch at the same time.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Ah, probably you're looking at the wrong section. This is for In-Game, not Competitive.
Try a bit further down, Competitive section has its own area :)

And the thread starter has Terrakion & Zoroark to takes care of Shedinja (which doesn't even appear in-game aside from in "Battle" facilities), while in-game trainers rarely switch so Pursuit is not needed :)

Lithium_C

Cross-Genre Gamer
I do apologise. I have a habit of using competitive reasoning and Pokémon in-game, because I appreciate the inherent fairness and professionalism of it.
Although, I would expect that the analyses on Smogon would apply to in-game play as well, to a certain extent.
In that case, the Metagross set is acceptable as is.

Lithium_C

Cross-Genre Gamer
Yeah, I'm just going off what I had my Metagross do, except I was using Stealth Rock. Might be a good idea if you wanted somebody to do something other than attacking, but if you're fine as you are, that's all good.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
For those of you requesting me to change sacred sword to close combat, i use sacred sword because i like that the opponent's stat changes dont affect its damage and i dont like the defense drop from close combat.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
pretty good team overall though