• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my team (Original, no?)

B

BlackScizor126

Scizor, Gentle, Male, LV70
Slash
Steel Wing
Sandstorm
Double Team

Charizard, Calm, Male, LV72
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw
Focus Punch

Blastoise, Hasty, Male, LV71
Earthquake
Hydro Cannon
Surf
Rain Dance

Venusaur, Naughty, Female, LV70
Sunny Day
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain
Solarbeam

Dragonite, Modest, Male, LV71
Thunder
Ice Beam
Outrage
Wing Attack

Jirachi, Modest, LV73
Double-Edge
Psychic
Rest
Doom Desire

any recommendations would be nice

C

Carpetted!

Scizor, Gentle, Male, LV70
Slash Return
Steel Wing
Sandstorm No.
Double Team Even worse

Charizard, Calm, Male, LV72
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw
Focus Punch
I know something's wrong with this, but what?
Blastoise, Hasty, Male, LV71
Earthquake
Hydro Cannon
Surf
Rain Dance
Hydro Cannon = Bad Rain dancing blastoise with charizard = bad
Venusaur, Naughty, Female, LV70
Sunny Day
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain
Solarbeam
LOL sunny day venasaur = bad
Thunder
Ice Beam
Outrage
Wing Attack
Eh. Dragon Claw<Outrage, Thunderbolt>Thunder
Jirachi, Modest, LV73
Double-Edge
Psychic
Rest
Doom Desire
MEh, can't rate jirachi
Even a newb like me knows this team is bad. 4/10

B

BlackScizor126

okay, maybe I should've said more. when I two-on-two, Blastoise goes with Dragonite, Charizard goes with Venusaur, and Scizor with Jirachi. Would that make it seem better? also one question- can the Move Tutor teach Hydro Cannon if you forget it?

C

Carpetted!

Blastoise+Dragonite = Boltbeam Weak
Charizard+Venasaur = Boltbeam Weak
Scizor+Jirachi = Fire weak
Hydro Cannon is BAD

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
i dont care if this is a team for 2 vs 2.. it still sucks

BlackScizor126 said:
Scizor, Adamant, Male, LV70
Agilty
Steel Wing
Silver Wind
Swords Dance

SD and Agilty 2-3 times then sweep

Charizard, Adamant, Male, LV72
Flamethrower/overheat
Aerial Ace
Belly Drum
Earthquake

Blastoise, Modest, Male, LV71
Rest
Ice Beam
Surf
Mirror Coat/Counter

Venusaur, Modest, Female, LV70
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Swords Dance

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Subsitute/Dragon Claw
Focus Punch/Flamethrower

Jirachi, Modest, LV73
T-bolt
Psychic
Calm Mind
Wish

if you dont like my suggestions, which are standard if you want to win any battles, then screw you

Last edited:

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
Here are my suggestions:

Scizor:
Iron Defence
Swords Dance
Slash
Silver Wind

Charizard:
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
SmokeScreen
Earthquake

Blastoise: As said by pure heart
Rest
Ice Beam
Surf
Mirror Coat/Counter

Venusaur:
Earthquake
Synthesis
Sleep Powder
Solarbeam (why does everyone think Solarbeam is so bad? is it b/c it takes a turn to charge?)

Dragonite:
Thunderbolt
Dragon Claw
Safeguard
Flamethrower

Jirachi:
Cosmic Power
Psychic
Calm Mind
Wish

Does this help at all? I know my suggestions may not be the best in the world but I think they are ok.

Brute Root said:
Solarbeam (why does everyone think Solarbeam is so bad? is it b/c it takes a turn to charge?)

Solarbeam isn't bad, but on Venusaur it is. Know why? Because it doesn't get Chlorophyll. That's the entire point of a SunnyBeamer, power and Speed Boost. That's why Exeggutor uses Solarbeam. It can get faster while also instantly dishing out massive damage with Solarbeam. Venusaur, though, is too slow, meaning that it can be beaten or incapacitated before it can even use the attack. None of the Grass Starters are meant to use Solarbeam, but a lot of other Grass Types can.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
PUrEHearT said:
no offense but Brute Root stop rating... you are hurting poor newbs

How? Im just trying to help? How is that hurting ppl? And plus, some ppl take offense when you call them "newbs" so let's lighten up on the name calling shall we?

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Solarbeam isn't bad, but on Venusaur it is. Know why? Because it doesn't get Chlorophyll. That's the entire point of a SunnyBeamer, power and Speed Boost. That's why Exeggutor uses Solarbeam. It can get faster while also instantly dishing out massive damage with Solarbeam. Venusaur, though, is too slow, meaning that it can be beaten or incapacitated before it can even use the attack. None of the Grass Starters are meant to use Solarbeam, but a lot of other Grass Types can.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

So does that mean even with sleep powder, Venusaur or any other grass starter should know it? sleep powder may not always work but it can give you the time for Solarbeam to charge up....right?

C

Carpetted!

Er, no. You'd only be able to get 1, maybe 2 solarbeams in, if you are charging, you can't switch out, and vena is too slow to solarbeam.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
oh i see...thank you.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
PUrEHearT said:
solarbeam doesnt work on venusaur... why cant you get that?

It's not that i dont get it, i understand and fully comprehend what ya'll are saying, but i just think Solarbeam is one of those moves that goes good with Venusuar. As is Charizard and Flamethrower......are we spamming?

T

TOY MACHINE

its ingame basically any moves set is good but eggzecutor-(spelling) s the best sunnybeamer

Brute Root said:
It's not that i dont get it, i understand and fully comprehend what ya'll are saying, but i just think Solarbeam is one of those moves that goes good with Venusuar. As is Charizard and Flamethrower......are we spamming?
Flamethrower is indeed good on Charizard. It gets STAB, runs off a good Sp. Attack, and doesn't need a turn to power up. Solarbeam Venusaur, though....No, you'd be better off with Magical Leaf, Razor Leaf, or HP Grass. Venusaur charging is a free invite for the foe to switch into something Grass Resistant, like Moltres or Parsect(lol using Parasect).

Yes, we are SPAMing I think, but really, what RMT Thread stays on topic?

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

*ahem* okay. let's get it together people.

Scizor:
-Substitute
-Swords Dance/Agility
-Silver Wind
-Baton Pass

pass a Speed/Attack boost with a Sub to the other team members.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Flamethrower is indeed good on Charizard. It gets STAB, runs off a good Sp. Attack, and doesn't need a turn to power up. Solarbeam Venusaur, though....No, you'd be better off with Magical Leaf, Razor Leaf, or HP Grass. Venusaur charging is a free invite for the foe to switch into something Grass Resistant, like Moltres or Parsect(lol using Parasect).

Yes, we are SPAMing I think, but really, what RMT Thread stays on topic?

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Post in my team rate thingy and tell me what you think would be a good movestet for Venusaur.

BlackScizor126 said:
Scizor, Adamant, Male, LV70
Agility/Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Silver Wind
Steel Wing

Charizard, Naughty, Male, LV72
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance/Belly Drum

Blastoise, Bold, Male, LV71
Yawn
Rest
Surf
Ice Beam

Venusaur, Adamant/Careful, Female, LV70
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb
Synthesis
Leech Life

Dragonite, Mild, Male, LV71
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Substitute
Focus Punch

Another option is to use Flamethrower and Dragon Claw over Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.

Jirachi, Bold, LV73
Calm Mind
Psychic
Wish
Thunderbolt

10charlimit