• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Team [OU Bulky Offense]

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Note: Thanks to groovitational snubbul for helping me make this team.

;472;
Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly
EVs: 196 HP / 216 Spe / 96 Atk
-Taunt
-U-Turn
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

Gliscor is a solid lead. Speed EVs reach 308, allowing me to outspeed Jolly Lucario in mid-game. U-Turn on things I can't defeat, and Azelf, Taunt to prevent them from laying Rocks.

;212;
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant
EVs: 100 HP / 150 Def / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Ah, CB Scizor. He is a big threat, trapping Cresselia and Azelf with Pursuit. Bullet Punch is for faster threats, obviously. Superpower dents Tyranitar a lot. U-Turn deals damage to whatever is in the field.

;134;
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
-HP [Electric]
-Surf
-Wish
-Protect

Vaporeon provides reliable Wish support, which is very important since all of my other members don't have healing moves. Protect scouts moves, Surf for STAB, HP Electric for Gyarados.

;462;
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Rash
EVs: 200 Spe / 56 Atk / 252 SAtk
-Thunderbolt
-HP [Fire]
-Signal Beam
-Explosion

EVs outrun all +Speed natured base 90s, and neutral Speed natured base 100s with Choice Scarf. Thunderbolt for STAB, HP Fire is for Scizor, Signal Beam hits Celebi harder than HP Fire, and go on a bang on Blissey with Explosion.

;068;
Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 108 Def / 12 Spe
-DynamicPunch
-Payback
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Yes, the EV spread was from groovitational snubbul. RestTalk Machamp is a very reliable status absorber. DynamicPunch and Payback provides great coverage. Payback hits faster opponents for 100 BP, and it hits Rotom-a for SE damage.

;373;
Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe / 24 SAtk
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake

DD Mence. A very powerful offensive threat. After everything was significantly weakened, and all Steels were gone, Salamence shines through. Dragon+Ground+Fire gets perfect coverage. After one Dragon Dance, almost every Pokemon in the OU tier is at worst 2HKOed by Outrage.​

Team Building
Terms to be used: TSF=Team So Far

So, I wanted to have a Salamence as a sweeper. So, here he is.
TSF:
Salamence

Next, Groovy and I listed some of Mence's weaknesses. Scizor checks TTar, Cresselia and other Mences, so I putted him in.
TSF:
Salamence
Scizor

Next, I wanted to have a Steel killer, because without that my sweep is hindered. Magnezone is an obvious choice.
TSF:
Salamence
Scizor
Magnezone

Next, I want a good, solid lead. I thought of Gliscor, since he checks Lucario.
TSF:
Gliscor
Salamence
Scizor
Magnezone

Next, I wanted to have reliable Wish support. Blissey was an option, but I don't like Blissey. So I thought of Vaporeon. Also, he checks Gyarados.
TSF:
Gliscor
Salamence
Magnezone
Vaporeon
Scizor

Next, we thought of a reliable status absorber. Starmie with Natural Cure went into mind, but I already have a Water type. So I chose RestTalk Machamp.

TSF:
Gliscor
Salamence
Magnezone
Vaporeon
Scizor
Magnezone

Well, thats my team.
Credits:
Groovitational Snubbul for helping with the team.

Last edited:

Brikien93

Flygon Fan
Overall it seems like a really solid team, but I DID have one idea you might find helpful. On scizor, I recommend you only run 4 Speed EV's on him. My reasoning for this is, is due to CB Scizor being such a popular pokemon. If your scizor is pitted up against another scizor, then the opponent is going to go first and hit with superpower. Which you survive:

61.11% 66.01% 71.90%

Then you hit with your own full powered superpower at his -1 Defense which with Stealth Rock down is a GUARANTEED OHKO on smogon's standard scizor

94.17% 102.04% 111.08%

You don't have to if you don't want to, but it might help you in the long run when contending with scizors.

Hope this helps

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Sounds great. Although it might be better to run no Speed EVs at all.

lvl100blastoise

Machamp won't serve you much good as a status absorber, I ran a very similar machamp for a while until I realized that I was barely getting any mileage out of rest and the fact that sleep talk has only a 1/3 chance of doing what you want. Also you don't have any ice moves to deal with dragons and gliscors. With this in mind I'd go with ice punch and stone edge/thunder punch/bulk up in place of rest and sleep talk.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Dragons are taken care of by Salamence late-game. Gliscor isn't much trouble with Vaporeon, who could reliably take hits with Wish+Protect. Most of them are pretty much hit hard by Scizor's Bullet Punch and Magnezone's Thunderbolt anyway.

Last edited: