• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Team! (OU)

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Hey Members of Serebii! This is my Team. please rate it.

Spr_5b_212_f.png
@ Choice Band
Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
~Bullet Punch
~U-Turn
~Superpower
~Pursuit / Quick Attack

Thunderbolt and HP ice form the infamous BoltBeam combo and can take out many things that throw themselves at this.shadow ball hits ghosts and psychics hard. i don't know about work-up though. i could change my item to life orb and change the move to something else, i just don't know what to change it to.

Spr_5b_130_m.png
@Life Orb
Intimidate
Adamant
252Atk/4Def/252Spe
~Ice Fang
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Earthquake

i love using Gyarados with Jolteon.Since they won't use Earth quake on Gyarados, it gives me a safe switch into Jolteon and even Magnezone. If i feel that they are going to use a electric move it just switch into Jolteon and he absorbs it up. i can't choose between bounce and Stone edge. i am leaning towards bounce because the only thing that does super effective damage to them on this team is my Latios, and i already got enough checks for flying.

Spr_5b_381.png
@ Life Orb
Levitate
Timid
4HP/252Spa/252Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Surf
~Psyshock
~Thunderbolt

This is just the standard set, but it is a beast. the choice specs boost his already good special attack to about 530. it gets rid of a lot of things for my team. psyshock is for walls like Blissey and HP Fire for Ferrothorn and stuff. For the rest i just spam Draco Meteors unless something like Ferrothorn shows up, then i switch out and back in and kill it.

Spr_5b_462.png
@ Leftovers
Modest
Magnet Pull
168HP/252Spa/88Spe
~Charge Beam
~Hidden Power Fire
~Substitute
~Flash Cannon/Thunderbolt

This thing is pretty beast. Switch into a steel, trap with magnet pull and kill.i use magnet rise for any threatening steels with earth quake. substitute works well because of his 13 resistance's. thunderbolt deals good damage to most types and HP Fire is to kill off those steels.

Spr_5b_642.png
@ Life Orb
Prankster
Timid
4HP/252Spa/252Spe
~Nasty Plot
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power Ice
~Focus Blast

i really love this guy. if i can come out on something it threatens, then they usually switch out and i get i free nasty plot. most times i can get two in which raises his special attack up to something like 1045 and then i can really just rip through peoples teams. again thunderbolt hits most things for decent damage, HP ice hit's ground and other flying and focus blast for Ttar and for really putting a big whole in teams.

Spr_5b_485.png
@ Air Ballon
Flash Fire
Modest
4HP/252Spa/252Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Dragon pulse
~Fire Blast
~Earth power

This guy...i don't know.he provides a counter for a couple things, but that's really all. i don't think he fit's in this team. Any suggestions?

Well guys, that's my team. Feel free to leave any comments on how to make this team better! :)

Last edited:

Chandelure181

Wait, whut?
Well, overall it is a very good offensive team.
For Heatran i suggest a Choice Scarf Set as a revenge killer (I dont know if that was already Jolteons job)
If you give him the choice scarf go for Fire Blast/ Flamethrower on Hetran so he can stay in longer.
Then, you have two HP Fires and a heatran, replace the HP Fire on Magnezone for HP Grass to hit stuff like Swampert.
Also you dont seem to have a Stealth Rocker, consider to put one in as well.
These are just my tips, you dont have to follow them
I hope i helped

Hidden Power Grass on Magnezone? No. Just no, his job is to trap steels like Scizor, Forretres and Ferrothorn, so give HP fire.
For jolteon you could replace Air Balloon for Life Orb, so you can OHKO some pokemons.
Heatran needs HP grass for Bulky waters
Also you could run Intimidate on Gyarados for more bulkyness (lowers the attack if the opponent is a physicall sweeper) but Moxie is okay, too.

Hope this helps!

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
okay, i think i will use intimidate, so i can survive an attack better and what should i replace work up with on jolteon?

Jolteon is very frail, and work up only boost spA 1 stage, so switch it with another attack, like Volt Switch.

Chandelure181

Wait, whut?
thanks, and could you just post that heatrans set you said.
The set is:
Heatran
@Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpAtk; 252 Spe; 4 HP
Nature: Modest
Move 1: Flamethrower/ Fire Blast
Move 2: Earth Power
Move 3: Hidden Power Grass
Move 4: Dragon Pulse

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Just in skimming through this team, I notice a flaw: a huge weakness to Ground. I would give Air Balloon to Magnezone and replace Magnet Rise with Recycle. That way, Magnezone can switch into Excadrill and destroy it with HP Fire.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Personally you should run Moxie, most things going at gyrados will be Special, and moxie gives it a little boost

This is a pretty good team, however there are a few issues which need to be fixed. First off, the team as it stands currently only has one pokemon which can use physical attacks (Gyarados,) which can be a problem should you come up against a special wall like Blissey. You also currently have 3 Electric types, and of the 3, I would say Jolteon is the most replaceable. Replacing it with a standard CB Scizor gives you a secondary physical attacker, as well as a solid revenge killer, and to round that all off, it can check several things which could currently give the team problems such as CM Reuniclus or RP Terrakion.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit / Quick Attack

Also, while your Magnezone can currently already take on a number of Steels, you should improve it by using the following set:

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Magnet Pull
Timid
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
-Charge Beam
-Flash Cannon / Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire
-Substitute

The additional speed lets you outspeed SD Scizor, who might take your current set out with Superpower if you try to deal with it. Also, when this sets up a Sub and spams Charge Beam against things like Ferrothorn, CB Scizor locked in BP, or Sp.Def Rachi without Fire Punch, it will often accumulate between 3-6 boosts while leaving you behind a Sub, thus allowing you to not only take out the Steel type you trap, but also another threat on the opponents team while they are forced to break your Sub. If they happen to not have anything to outspeed Zone, you may sweep, but that is less likely.

On Heatran, I would advise Fire Blast over Overheat to give you some staying power, as well as replacing Hidden Power Electric with Stealth Rock and switching your item to an Air Balloon. The hazard support is always helpful, and helps weaken several things in OU. The Air Balloon gives you a much needed check to Excadrill provided you can keep your Balloon intact, and also helps it against a number of things which might attempt to KO it with EQ. Since you won't have HP Electric anymore, feel free to replace Dragon Pulse with HP Ice to hit things like Salamence, Landorus, or Dragonite harder, but you can keep Dragon Pulse if you prefer.

The current Gyarados set you are running looks to be somewhat of an offensive set, but also somewhat bulky. While this is fine, it would be better to go one way or the other rather than going only part of the way. 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe would be preferred with a LO if you want to keep the current set you are running, though if you want to go with a bulkier set 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe with Taunt over Earthquake would give him a good amount of bulk, speed and power. Taunt helps prevent you from being phazed out by things such as Swampert or Skarmory, so that you can set up and defeat them.

Finally, while Latios is probably fine as is, I would advise a change from Hidden Power Fire to Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt lets you hit Waters and Flyers without lowering your special attack, and since you already have Magnezone you don't have much to worry about from Ferrothorn, so you won't be losing out on much. Since removing HP Fire also increases your Speed IVs, you can now outspeed other HP Fire Latios and at least get a speed tie against those without it. You might also use a Life Orb over Choice Specs for the freedom to switch moves, but if not, consider Trick over Psyshock since it can also help against Blissey / Chansey while allowing you to get rid of your Choice Specs to switch between moves later in the match.

Hope this helps.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
As d0nut said, your running a little electric heavy, try and swap t to aphysical attacker like maybe terrakion

asterat

Banned
Dont use bounce, use ice fang, bounce gives a switch

asterat

Banned
Yeah they get a free switch into a steel or something and it just walls him silly, two turn moves 95% of the time are bad