• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rate my team please :p

Connor™

Showstopper
ok after rating a few teams i decided its about time a posted my own. so here it is.

gengar @ focus sash
timid 252satk/252spd/4hp
~thunderbolt
~focus blast
~hypnosis
~shadow ball
standard gengar. hypnosis and sweep.

yanmega @ choice specs
modest 252satk/252spd/4hp
~air slash
~bug buzz
~shadow ball
~psychic (suggestions for change please)
basically special sweeper.

gallade @ life orb
adamant 80hp/252atk/176spd
~swords dance
~psycho cut
~close combat
~night slash
swords dance and sweep. its that simple.

scizor @ leftovers
adamant 252hp/120atk/132def/4sdef
~swords dance
~metal claw
~quick attack
~x-scissor
you might be thinking zomg wtf why quick attack. reason is swords dance + really good attack + priority = amazing move.

swampert @ leftovers
relaxed 240 hp / 216 def / 52 satk
~roar
~stealth rock
~ice beam
~surf
stealth rock + roar = p-hazer + residual damage rack up.

snorlax @ leftovers
sassy 244hp/28def/236sdef
~rest
~sleep talk
~body slam
~crunch
status absorber. sdef wall. pure pwnage.

so there it is. rmt please :p

Yanmega would probably make a better lead pokemon (I'm assuming your first pokemon, gengar, is your lead) as it doesn't get hit by stealth rock as a lead might try to do to you. For lead yanmega:

yanmega @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Speed Boost
~air slash
~bug buzz
~Protect (Scouts moves and free turn to give 1.5 speed from speed boost)
~Hypnosis or Some other special attack.

Your scizor might want something a little different:

scizor @ Life Orb
adamant 252hp/252 Atk/ 4 Def
Technician
~swords dance
~Roost/Brick Break
~quick attack
~x-scissor

Son_of_Shadows

If you can get access to it, I would recommend Bullet Punch over Metal Claw on Scizor. Of course, this requires Platinum, so you may just have to make do without...

Connor™

Showstopper
Yanmega would probably make a better lead pokemon (I'm assuming your first pokemon, gengar, is your lead) as it doesn't get hit by stealth rock as a lead might try to do to you. For lead yanmega:

yanmega @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Speed Boost
~air slash
~bug buzz
~Protect (Scouts moves and free turn to give 1.5 speed from speed boost)
~Hypnosis or Some other special attack.

Your scizor might want something a little different:

scizor @ Life Orb
adamant 252hp/252 Atk/ 4 Def
Technician
~swords dance
~Roost/Brick Break
~quick attack
~x-scissor

my yanmega (surprisingly ) works very well in the role of special sweeper.
and for scizor i poted for a bulky physical attacker which explains the ev spread. anybody on snorlax by the way ?? im not 100% sure about him to be honest.

Ok. I was only suggesting that for yanmega because of stealth rocks

With scizor I'll just point out that scizor is already bulky enough and the 33 points of atk you lose on attack over def loses out on it's power. Try doing some damage calculations on a pokemon with the extra 33 atk power plus 1.3 on life orb and see the difference.

Your snorlax is pretty effective as is I wouldn't really want to change anything about it.

randomspot555

Gengar with a Sash is most efficient with Counter. Otherwise, stick Life Orb or Wide Lens on there. Another possibility as a lead (and can serve some use after switching out) is Scarfing it and losing Hypnosis or Focus Blast for Destiny Bond.

If you can get access to it, I would recommend Bullet Punch over Metal Claw on Scizor. Of course, this requires Platinum, so you may just have to make do without...

Yes!

STAB Bullet Punch+Technician+Swords Dance=destruction. Even better if a sand storm is up.

Connor™

Showstopper
Gengar with a Sash is most efficient with Counter. Otherwise, stick Life Orb or Wide Lens on there. Another possibility as a lead (and can serve some use after switching out) is Scarfing it and losing Hypnosis or Focus Blast for Destiny Bond.

Yes!

STAB Bullet Punch+Technician+Swords Dance=destruction. Even better if a sand storm is up.

i suppose i should've stated this already but i don't have access to plat. so i would prefer there to be less 'bullet punch on scizor' quotes. trust me. if i could get it it would be a definite move for my scizor.