• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my team please:)

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
OK they are all level 100 and they are all male:) So here we go:D

Team At A Glance
472_gliscor_1_m.png
009.png
135_jolteon_1_m.png
Ash%27s_Sceptile2.png
392_infernape_1_m.png
461_weavile_1_m.png

The Lead/Physical Wall
dpmba472.png

Gliscor@ Leftovers
Ability:Sand Veil
EV's:252HP/40Def/216Spe
Nature:Impish
Earthquake
Roost
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

Average gliscor lead. Sets up stealth rock and then strikes with earthquake or stone edge and heals with roost.

The Special Wall
dpmba009.png

Blastoise@ Leftovers
Ability:Torrent
EV's:252HP/252SpD/6Def
Nature:Sassy
Surf
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Toxic

Gets rid of spikes steath rock ect. and then strikes with toxic. Surf is for STAB and ice beam handles grass and dragon types.

The Special Sweeper
dpmba135.png

Jolteon@ Choice Specs
Ability:Volt Absorb
EV's:252Spe/252SpA/4Def
Nature:Timid
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
HPGrass

Does a clean sweep. Thunderbolt is for STAB. Shadow ball deals with gengar and stuff. Signal beam handles grass types. HPgrass handles ground types.

The Mixed Sweeper(1)
dpmba254.png

Sceptile@ Life Orb
Ability:Overgrow
EV's:252Atk/80SpA/176Spe
Nature:Naive
Leaf Storm
Leaf Blade
X-scissor
Focus Blast

Leaf storm is risky but only used in emergency's that's why leaf blades there. X-scissor handles his fellow grass types and focus blast handles steel and ice types.

The Mixed Sweeper(2)
dpmba392.png

Infernape@ Life Orb
Ability:Blaze
EV's:232 Atk/80 SpA/196 Spe
Nature:Hasty
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Thunderpunch

Flamethrower and close combat are for STAB's. Grass knot handle's ground and heavy water types like swampert and thunderpunch handle's flying types and light water types.

The Physical Sweeper
dpmba461.png

Weavile@ Choice Band
Ability:presure
EV's:40HP/252Atk/216Spe
Nature:Jolly
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Pursuit
Brick Break

Ice shard, night slash and pursuit is for STAB but pursuit is used if i think my opponent will switch and brick break handles rock and steel types.

Last edited:

Gamefreak

Its a good team, however Thunderpunch is unadvisable on Infernape. Close Combat hits light Water/Flying types harder since you have STAB. Thunderpunch is also quite redundant coverage TBH. Go Nasty Plot, since Infernape is really good at forcing switches. Also, you may not need max speed since Infernape is in his own speed tier, and you can put it in SpA to gain more stat points when you Nasty Plot. (Close Combat still OHKO's Blissey!)

Also, Night Slash hits fighting types harder due to STAB, so use that over Aerial Ace on Weavile.

^_^

Last edited:

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
Just quickly about Sceptile, he cannot be a mixed sweeper, his base Atk stat is poor with no SD boost, while his SpA is ok, but is better if you plan on not setting up. Either works well in OU, though I prefer Special Sceptile myself.

Now with Infernape, a mixed Sweeper works well, but since you are focusing on the Phys side, change the EVs to 232 Atk/80 SpA/196 Spe OR 252 Atk/64 SpA/196 Spe. The second one works well as you ony have 1 Special move on Ape, which is G-Knot, which doesn't usually need much investment. And you should change your nature to Naive, as Ape won't see many attacks from the special spectrum.

Lastly, having no steels to handle dragons isn't wise, so you could switch Weavile with a CB Meta, or even an Agiligross which rips trough teams so easily.

Hope this helps, GL.

Godzilla

Banned
amazing team

it looks like u got more then 3 feet of air that time

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
thanks everybody:) anymore advise would be great thanks:)
oh and about the nasty plot infernape, i cant use it i've tryed it but it doesn't ork for me. and mixtile works quite well and i'll keep weavile and aerial ace because trust me i really need it:eek: oh and it's two special moves on infernape lol:D

Last edited:

alakazam_1

Alakazam used WIN
Blastoise: Calm 252 HP/160 Def/96 SDef maximises overall defensive potential for Blastoise. Calm is better than Sassy because 78 base Speed isn't atrocious, so you will outrun some defensive pokemon by using Calm, and RS won't do any real damage anyway.
Sceptile: Hi. I'm a Steel type. (Give it Focus Blast).
Infernape: Fire Blast is statistically better than Flamethrower factoring in accuracy and without any Nasty Plot boosts you'll need the extra power. Use Naive; the reasons have been covered. You only need 192 Speed EVs, the extra can go in an offensive stat. Finally, replace ThunderPunch with U-turn; ThunderPunch isn't very useful and U-turn helps against Latias.
Weavile: Night Slash > Pursuit or Ice Punch > Ice Shard. You need a strong STAB move.

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
Since you are using Gliscor as a lead, it really wants to have taunt so that it can disable other leads from setting up on you. Here's my suggestion:

Gliscor@Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Sand Veil
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn

This gives you enough speed to outrun Heracross and Lucario, as well as the occasional Jirachi. Sand Veil takes advantage of possible Hippowdon/Tyrannitar leads, Taunt disables setting up, Stealth Rock because your team needs it, Earthquake for generic STAB, and U-Turn to get out of there once Gliscor has done what it needs to do.

Godzilla

Banned
best team ive seen on here in years

ily 4 sharing this magic with me

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
thanks everybody anymore advise would be great thanks
oh and about the nasty plot infernape, i cant use it i've tryed it but it doesn't ork for me. and mixtile works quite well and i'll keep weavile and aerial ace because trust me i really need it oh and it's two special moves on infernape lol

Physbased Mixtile just plain doesn't work well without a stat boost. And on Ape, Flamethrower gets STAB boost anyway, so it still doesn't need much investment, again use the spread 252 Atk/60 SpA/196 Spe OR 232 Atk/80 SpA/196 Spe, as both special attacks on Ape don't need much investment, and as said having 252 Spe is pointless as the nearest base stat you need to worry about outrunning is 100, which 196 Spe EVs outruns all of, and Ape also needs a Naive nature, as Hasty lowers you Def stat, which Ape has more need of. Now Thunderpunch is fine, CC doesn't hit some of the most used flying types well in OU due to resistance. And a final nitpick, Stone Edge isn't useful on Gliscor as it has horrible coverage, and Taunt is the better option as stated above.

So, GL.

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
ok i will give weavile night slash then but i cant be bothered breeding blastoise and infernape again coz it took me months to ev train all of them:eek:!! and on gliscor, why do i need taunt if blastoise already knows rapid spin?? it would be a waste of a move!! and stone edge is better;) and i'll teach sceptile focus blast:) i'll edit my post with the new moves:) i also changed infernapes ev spread:)

Last edited:

Nebbio

NINJA!
Hydro Pump on Blastoise and X-Scissor on Weiville.

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
Thunderpunch on MixApe has really limited coverage. The only thing it is really useful against is Gyarados, but I dont know why you would keep Ape in against a Gyarados. I would suggest using either HP Ice for coverage on Dragons and Gliscor or Nasty Plot to get a free boost while your opponent switches to a counter.

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
i guess i'll need to breed again:( i'll give him nasty plot and a naive nature and try to get a calm natured squirtle aswell while i'm at it:( well i guess it's all worth it in the end:) OK nobody else post i know what iam doing now:) i'll post a new thread once i get the team sorted;)

Last edited:

AbsoLover

Banned
nice :) team maybe u can try ;) blizard on weaville to kill grass types like victreebel or :( vileplume, it has 120 power!! btw great team, u have every :p thing you need like A grass type! A fire type! and a water! try alakazam because you dont have :( psychic pokemon.

;)

Cloud.

You're pathetic.
They shouldn't be all male. Attract will kick yur ***. ^^

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
OK absolover i can see your not a competitive battler since you're saying give weavile blizzard so there's no way i'm listening to you. no offence:) and cloud, ino lol:D but nobody ever uses attract and i have never used females:)

Nebbio

NINJA!
OK they are all level 100 and they are all male:) So here we go:D

Team At A Glance
472_gliscor_1_m.png
009.png
135_jolteon_1_m.png
Ash%27s_Sceptile2.png
392_infernape_1_m.png
461_weavile_1_m.png

The Lead/Physical Wall
dpmba472.png

Gliscor@ Leftovers
Ability:Sand Veil
EV's:252HP/40Def/216Spe
Nature:Impish
Earthquake
Roost
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

Average gliscor lead. Sets up stealth rock and then strikes with earthquake or stone edge and heals with roost.

The Special Wall
dpmba009.png

Blastoise@ Leftovers
Ability:Torrent
EV's:252HP/252SpD/6Def
Nature:Sassy
Surf
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin/Aqua Tail
Toxic

Gets rid of spikes steath rock ect. and then strikes with toxic. Surf is for STAB and ice beam handles grass and dragon types.

The Special Sweeper
dpmba135.png

Jolteon@ Choice Specs
Ability:Volt Absorb
EV's:252Spe/252SpA/4Def
Nature:Timid
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
HPGrass

Does a clean sweep. Thunderbolt is for STAB. Shadow ball deals with gengar and stuff. Signal beam handles grass types. HPgrass handles ground types.

The Mixed Sweeper(1)
dpmba254.png

Sceptile@ Life Orb
Ability:Overgrow
EV's:252Atk/80SpA/176Spe
Nature:Naive
Leaf Storm/ Night Slash/ Giga Drain/ Substitue
Leaf Blade
X-scissor
Focus Blast

Leaf storm is risky but only used in emergency's that's why leaf blades there. X-scissor handles his fellow grass types and focus blast handles steel and ice types.

The Mixed Sweeper(2)
dpmba392.png

Infernape@ Life Orb
Ability:Blaze
EV's:232 Atk/80 SpA/196 Spe
Nature:Hasty
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Thunderpunch

Flamethrower and close combat are for STAB's. Grass knot handle's ground and heavy water types like swampert and thunderpunch handle's flying types and light water types.

The Physical Sweeper
dpmba461.png

Weavile@ Choice Band
Ability:presure
EV's:40HP/252Atk/216Spe
Nature:Jolly
Ice Shard/ X-Scissor/Blizzard/ Ice Beam if it can learn it.
Night Slash
Pursuit
Brick Break

Ice shard, night slash and pursuit is for STAB but pursuit is used if i think my opponent will switch and brick break handles rock and steel types.

Suggestions in BOLD.