• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my team PLEASE!

Chingchar

Please rate my team

OK! So I'm entering a tournament in about 3 weeks and I really need people to rate my team any feedback would be much appreciated bear in mind these are all double battles at level 50 thank you.

:598: Ferrothorn

Nature: Relaxed
Ability:Iron Barbs
EV: 252 Def 252 Sp.Def 4 HP
Moves:
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Gyro Ball
Item: leftovers

Ferrothorn would go out first with Nidoking or Gyrados in case there are any fire types but other than that he's just there to wear the other side down while Ferrothorn would absorb all of their HP it might be able to stall out a Tyranitar or a garchomp without a fire move but I would leave another wall or staller like a Blissey or cressilia to my team.

;392;Infernape

Nature: Jolly
EV 252 Atk Spd 252 4 HP
Ability: Blaze
Moves:
Stone edge
Flare Blitz
Swords dance
Close Combat
Item: Fire/Fighting Gem

This one is pretty basic set up swords dance while thunderus gets rid of any threats to Infernape and then let loose with flare blitz or close Combat.

;130; Gyrados

Nature: Naughty
EV 252 Atk 252 Spd 4 Def
Ability: Moxie
Moves:
Aqua tail
Earthquake
Dragon dance
Waterfall/Bounce
Item: Shell bell

Just a pure sweeper get a few dragon dance so he gets fast and then wipe foes out so his attack rises I think it could possibly get rid of a heatran easily but it depends what defence investment it has.

;034; Nidoking
Nature: Lax
EV 252 Atk 252 Sp.Atk 4 Def
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves:
Poison Jab
Rock Slide
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Item: Life Orb

This strategy is one of my favourites for those that don't know about this the sheer force ability nullifies any secondary affects of moves but it also nullifies recoil from the life orb which I think is great so he would probably hit really hard.

;381; Latios
Nature: Timid
EV 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spd 4 Def
Ability: Levitate
Moves:
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Item: Expert Belt

Latios is mainly for getting rid of Blissy or other Dragons and Gyrados can also earthquake freely with a calm mind set up he could survive some special heavy hitters like chandelure or gengar.

:642: Thundurus

Nature: Sassy ;(
EV 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spd 4 Sp.Def
Ability: Prankster
Moves:
Taunt
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Thunder Wave
Item: Wise Glasses

Thunderus is mainly to support my Blaziken and get rid of fast water types for Nidoking and Taunt can stop other walls so that they can't cripple my team or set up stealth rock or spikes, he is also a flying type so earthquake won't hit him and his hidden power will do some damage to rock types which could get rid of him in one hit if it's an adamant with max attack Tyranitar.

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Use my personal ferrothorn set:
Ferro @Leftovers
Careful
248Hp, 16Def, 244Sp.Def
Spikes
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Thunder Wave
Very bulky, and a thorn in everyone's side. Ferrothorn jokes are gold.

TeamGalacticMars

Saturn love
I think it is a good team! it has different types and good moves to!

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Use adamant nature on gyrados, and change his item to something like lefties or life orb. Or shell bell.

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather
Okay, I've kinda been avoiding rating this team because it looks messy, but it's mostly not the sets or EV's it's the pokemon and how they support eachother. Well, looks like a case of core crisis to me... But that's okay, I'll try and give a few suggestions.

-Ferrothorn's EV spread is kinda upscaled. What you did is you took the standard EV spread for Eviolite pokemon and Deoxys-D and put it on Ferrothorn, hoping for good mixed coverage. Why don't you try a Relaxed nature with 252 Hp / 88 Def / 168 Sp. Def? Oh and drop Ingrain for Thunder Wave and Toxic for Power Whip, so you aren't total Taunt bait. Paralysis support does wonders, don't knock it until you try it.

-The second I saw Blaziken on your team, a little alarm went off in my head that said "Infernape." Try replacing Blaziken for an Infernape. Same Swords Dance set, same EV's, just Close Combat over Sky Uppercut and Stone Edge over Acrobatics (Flying has poor coverage anyways). The higher base speed will be very helpful. Oh, but have Infernape be Jolly instead of Adamant.

-For Gyara I don't have much advice to offer on an offensive DD set other than change its nature to Adamant, but I would recommend that you consider a Taunt/DD bulky Gyarados. And give it a Life Orb

-Change Nidoking's nature to Naive and run 252 Speed / 144 Atk / 114 Sp. Atk. and run Stone Edge over Rock Slide.

-For Latios change his nature to Timid and run Surf over Ice Beam so you can hit steels with something. I would recommend trying a SubCM Latias
380.png

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Substitute
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Thundurus should be Timid and run Focus Blast over Dark Pulse. Also replace Hidden Power [Water] with Thunder Wave, it's much more useful thanks to Prankster, and paralysis support does wonders.

Your team isn't bad, it just needs a little fine tuning.

Last edited:

Chingchar

Thanks for the advice it was originally going to be an Infernape but I thought that a Blaziken has bit higher defence but anyway I'll switch it back as you suggested and hopefully I might win thanks again :)

Last edited: