• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my team UU: "Oh Deer!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
This is my team for Smogon UU. A lot of the sets are quite generic but the system tends to work, usually I set up rocks with Krookodile and wear down counters for Virizion using Hydreigon, Krookodile to damage and florges and arcanine to burn/poison until they send in a wall. Then I set up swords dance with Virizion who outspeeds most of the tier and relies on lum berry to break toxic, then I start sweeping and usually don't stop until their HP hits 0.

OhDeer! (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Virizion here is my main sweeper, with the surprisingly effective grass/fighting STAB coverage one swords dance is actually enough to sweep most of most teams, particularly those relying on common special walls such as florges and blissey who tend to try and poison it, watch me get up a swords dance, and get broken by leaf blade. Stone edge is for crobat and aerodactyl. Interestingly this used to be a swords dance Lucario, but it kept dying so I changed it out.

Pippin (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Bulldoze
- Will-O-Wisp
Arcanine is both a physical and special wall, in this case I sacrifice the normal coverage move of wild charge and its attack IVs to run bulldoze, a solid way to slow down sweepers so I can burn them or switch in more safely. It also whittles down some tanks with will-0-wisp and morning sun although the latter lacks pp.

GAPT (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Rash Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Tail
The Great and Powerful Turtle! Blastoise is here to rapid spin for me as well as to dragon tail out anything trying to set up (particularly crocunes). Aura sphere works fairly well with Absol and Umbreon. Scald is becaise I am complete scum. One problem most mega blastoises face is a lack of recovery and slow speed, so it is reliant on florges.

Gatorade (Krookodile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
Krookodile is my most common lead as an offensive rock setter. Its knock off is extremely splashable whereas earthquake can come back in for some late game sweeping. I haven't really had much opportunity to use pursuit with it however so I may swap that out for something else, maybe brick break.

HailHydra (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Hydreigon is my pivot, built to switch into mega beedrill as they protect or revenge kill them if I'm not feeling confident. Its also able to switch into earthquakes and psychic moves and U-Turn out again. Its also a devent late-game sweeper but as choice scarf locks it in that takes careful planning or the hope that they think I'm expert belt. I'm also hoping to keep the scarf as Hydreigon is my best mega beedrill counter.

WhiteMage (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Protect
Florges is my main cleric and has been known to cause players to type profanities at me in all caps. Its job is to pass wishes onto the rest of my team which isn't fairly tanky but lack recovery. Furthermore aromatherapy is handy because toxic is quite popular in UU and I might need to have blastoise rapid spin toxic spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.