• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Team: Wi-Fi/Shoddy OU

Roi C.

Space Monkey
So, this is my team. It won me quite a few battles, and I'm happy with it. The reason I post this, is to see how can I even further improve it. So, here we go.

Infernape
*Fake Out
*Close Combat
*Fire Blast
*Stealth Rock
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64/Attack, 252/Special Attack, 192/Speed
Item: Focus Sash
Basically, my lead. does nice opening damage with Fake Out (not to mention, breaks sashes), and then uses Stealth Rock, counting on it's Focus Sash to survive. Sometimes, when I have no choice, I send it out against other, mid-game Pokémon, and he handles them quite nicely, due to it's attacks and great speed.

Togekiss
*Air Slash
*Aure Sphere
*Roost
*Nasty Plot
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252/HP, 152/Special Attack, 104/Speed
Item: Leftovers
Kind of a tank. Has a great HP and Sp. Def, and it's attacks are not half bad. If I get it to use Nasty Plot once or twice, it can wipe entire teams. Leftovers and Roost keep it healthy, and help him avoid his weaknesses to Ice, Electric and Rock when needed. Great Pokémon overall.

Gyarados
*Waterfall
*Ice Fang
*Earthquake
*Dragon Dance
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4/HP, 252/Attack, 252/Speed
Item: Life Orb
Aside from being my personal favorite for the last decade, it's a great switch-in for Ground-types (or Earthquake users), and has some great attacks. It's great counter for Dragon-types, too.

Metagross
*Meteor Mash
*Ice Punch
*Earthquake
*Agility
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112/HP, 252/Attack, 12/Defense, 132/Speed
Item: Lum Berry
Thanks to it's many resistances, it's a great switch-in for many types of attacks, and thanks to it's great defense and HP, it can safely use Agility without any worries, allowing it to sweep without any worries. Lum berry works well against all status-problems, mainly paralysis. I used to have Zen Headbutt instead of Ice Punch (It's a good STAB move), but Ice Punch is more effective against many threats it couldn't deal with before.

Gengar
*Shadow Ball
*Focus Blast
*Thunderbolt
*Destiny Bond
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4/Defense, 252/Special Attack, 252/Speed
Item: Life Orb
Fast as a devil, and quite versatile too. I used to use a Modest-Choice Scarfer, But Gengar can't be bound to just one attack, this one loves it's freedom. Plus, it's easier to use Destiny Bond (which is a real life saver) this way.

Flygon
*Outrage
*Earthquake
*Stone Edge
*U-Turn
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4/HP, 252/ Attack, 252/Speed
Item: Choice Scarf
My Garchomp replacement, and while not a crazy killer like ol' Chomper, this one's more then great. Due to it's typing, it's a wonderful switch-in for Electric-types, and when it can't handle the situation, U-Turn does the job, while damaging the foe nicely.

So, what do you think about my team?

Last edited: