• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my team!

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Relaxed
Holding: Sitrus Berry
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpA
248.gif

Stealth Rock
Dragon Tail
Payback
Fire Blast

He's my most multi-purpose pokemon, and the only one I'm a little conflicted about using. His Sand Stream ability helps out Garchomp quite a bit, but hinders every other pokemon on my team, as they (almost) all have fair bulk and don't like sandstorm. He's my lead, his main role is getting Stealth Rock set up, which is almost guaranteed as long as an unexpected fighting attack drops him. (If I know someone will try to use a fighting move, I like to switch in to Gengar. Gengar can also be switched into the super-effective ground attacks.) He has Dragon Tail to phase, and to do a bit of damage to dragons and pokes with SR weakness. Payback is the obligatory stab move, while I like Fire Blast for Forretress and Scizor. (I hate Scizor...) His EV spread gives him 207/178/180 defensive stats while in a sandstorm, which, with his ability, is almost always.
He also makes a good switch in for those pesky psychic types that like to try to hurt my Machomp.

Vaporeon
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
Holding: Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP, 152 Def, 106 SpD
134.gif

Wish
Protect
Ice Beam
Scald

Vapie here is one of my favorites. She likes to pass huge wishes and burn enemies. Protect is very handy if there is someone going all out on attacking moves against her, as I like to alternate Protect/Scald/Protect/Scald, providing effectively double the HP regeneration from leftovers. (As long as Tyranitar's sandstorm isn't up.) Typically, after she gets the burn, I'll wishpass her out, or just stall out the enemy with Protect/Wish. Ice Beam is for coverage versus grass, flying, and dragon. Her EV spread is for maximum survivability, bringing her defense stat even with her special defense, which, combined with her massive HP, makes for a pretty bulky pokemon. Her ability also makes her a good switch in for anyone trying to use a super-effective water attack on Tyranitar.

Garchamp
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant
Holding:Choice Scarf
EV's: 252 Att, 252 Spe, 6 Hp
445.gif

Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
???

Garchomp makes a great physical sweeper/revenge killer/anti-dragon. Choice Scarf is there to make sure Outrage will drop almost any dragon pokemon before they can 1hko Garchomp. His immunity to electric attacks makes him a good switch in for enemies hoping to hurt Vapie or Togekiss. I don't really know what to say, besides the obvious fact he is a wrecking ball. Feedback on his 4th move slot would be appreciated, but so far, he doesn't seem to need it. :) EV's are for pure power.

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Holding: Life Orb
EV's: 252 SpA, 252, Spe, 6 HP
094.gif

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb

My special sweeper... also my favorite pokemon from the original generation. He has good type coverage and speed, and packs quite a punch with his life orb. Also, he can come back to full HP from 1 HP with a single Wish from Vaporeon... Mmmmmm... smexy. Anyways, he has Sludge Bomb as his highest power move, coupled with its 30% chance to poison.
Usually if it does poison, and I cant 2hko the enemy pokemon, I'll switch out to a stronger defensive pokemon, like Vapie, Togekiss or Tyranitar. His 3 immunities make him an integral component of my team, as he gets many free switch ins from people trying to hurt my Tyranitar or anyone using Fighting/Normal/Ground moves in general. EV's give him the best offensive option he has.

Togekiss
Ability: Serene Grace
Holding: Bright-powder
EV's: 252 HP, 188 Def, 72 SpD
468.gif

Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Lovely Kiss/Aura Sphere
Wish

I know, you all hate me for this. A good paraflincher, and another pokemon that has a free switch in versus ground types.
EV's provide even defenses (something I love!) and a fair bit of bulk. Usually my favored switch in for someone who is burned/poisoned by Gengar. I can't decide between Lovely Kiss, to make him even more annoying, or Aura Sphere, to hurt Steel and Rock types. Input would be appreciated. I feel Brightpowder is better than leftovers on him, just for the lulz when someone manages to not flinch or be paralyzed... and then miss with a 100% accuracy move. Hehehe.

Machomp
Ability: No Guard
Holding: Lum Berry
EV's: 252 Att, 32 Def, 90 SpD, 128 HP
068.gif

Dynamic Punch
Payback
Stone Edge
Bullet Punch

Ah... good old Machamp. So much stronger than in RBY... This is commonly my lead, and usually makes people turn off their DS's in disgust. His 100% accurate Dynamic Punch is the core of this set. I usually start attacking with that, just for the confusion, even if I have a super-effective attack like Payback or my 100% accurate Stone Edge. Bullet Punch is his much-needed priority move, which, despite it's lowly 40 power, can still do a decent chunk thanks to his 200 attack stat at level 50.
If he is up against any scary, fast psychic type, I'll make the switch to Tyranitar

As you may have noticed, I like pokemon that can avoid being 1 shot, and I like to even out their defenses. Gaping holes are never good. My team is also rife with immunities, especially immunities that are super effective against my other pokemon.
I appreciate and welcome any feeedback or criticism you may have!
Thanks, and Scizor is not cool. Seriously. All you people who think he is need not comment.

All pictures are from http://www.arkeis.com/animatedsprites.html

I think this is now all in order, anything I need to change in formatting let me know please.

Last edited:

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
Still need descriptions no matter what..its just the rules. A two liner description will cut it..wont take that long. Also add some pictures or sprites..try here: http://www.arkeis.com/animatedsprites.html
Note YOU MUST GIVE CREDIT FOR PICTURES!

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Thanks, this is my first post so I don't quite know the rules/guidelines.
Will get right on it.

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Shameless self bump.
When I get back in 20 minutes with munchies I hope there's some criticism!
Good, MEAN criticism.

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Everyone must love Scizor on this site or something...

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
Umm, I just wanted to point something out to you... Your EV spread on Togekiss isn't possible. It comes out to 512 total. :/ And Togekiss can't learn lovely kiss...
And as for MachAmp (you spelled his name wrong) 90 EVs is like 2 wasted EVs... 88 or 92 would come out evenly. Even at that, you have 4 more usefull EVs that you could just put into HP for overall bulkiness...

Last edited:

CraZy RudOlF

disc: Ruben E#0316
Scizorisnotcool;12804085[B said:
Garchamp[/B]
Ability: Sand Veil
Holding:Choice Scarf
EV's: 252 Att, 252 Spe, 6 Hp
445.gif

Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
???

Garchomp just got banned, so maybe terrakion could replace him?

Terrakion
Jolly
Choice Scarf
252 Speed 252 Att 4 hp
EQ
Stone Edge/Rock slide
Close combat
X-Scissor

Jolly + Choice scarf is to outspeed Mence after 1 DD, also outspeeds +2 adamant cloyster. and prolly other things xP stone edge + Close combat for stab and EQ and x scizzor for coverage.

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Holding: Life Orb
EV's: 252 SpA, 252, Spe, 6 HP
094.gif

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
HP Fire/Substitute

Sludge bomb isnt worth having.. Hp fire can help hitting forretress and other steel types along with grass & bug or sub as gengar can cause force switches and killing a gengar in a sub is a pain

Togekiss
Ability: Serene Grace
Holding: LeftOvers
EV's: 252 HP, 188 Def, 72 SpD
468.gif

Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Roost

Roost is much safer to heal with and removes ur ice, rock and lighting weakness for a turn. BrightPowder is also banned... and aura spare > lovely kiss :3

thts it ;o
hope i helped :3

Last edited:

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it very much.
In response: Thanks for the heads up on Togekiss EV's, those were typos. Lovely Kiss is also a typo, meant to be Sweet Kiss. Machomp's name is not a typo, he's normally with my Garchamp... both nicknames. I know the EV spread on Machamp is strange, just wanted to test defenses + hp over hp alone.
Thank you for the feedback Kyro12.

In response to Crazy Rudolf: Thanks for the advice on the banned pokes/items. Also, no duplicate items so any other item I could put on Togekiss (not leftovers, my Vapie has that) would be great. I also can't get Roost on my Togekiss, as it's from 5th gen, so Wish is the logical option. Also, I like Wishpassers (Even though that's not his build, he can still get 'er dun.) My Gengar doesn't have the IV's for HP fire, and I'm not quite sure on using substitute. Sometimes, he likes the extra 15 power that Sludge Bomb has over Shadow Ball for getting those 1hkos, as well as the %30 chance to poison before he goes down. :'( I dont want to get rid of Garchamp!
Thanks for the feedback, if you have any more or a response to any issues I addressed in this reply, please let me know.

I'm new to competitive battling, this is my first team, so any more ratings/feedback would be much appreciated.

terry1992

First of:
scizor is cool

Anywys everythhing looks fine, if you wanna keep Chomp go for it.
How about fire fang/Fire Blast takes care of those pesky part steels (nattorei and SCIZOR come to mind)

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
First of:
scizor is cool

Anywys everythhing looks fine, if you wanna keep Chomp go for it.
How about fire fang/Fire Blast takes care of those pesky part steels (nattorei and SCIZOR come to mind)

Tyranitar has Fire Blast already, who else were you thinking could use a Fire Fang/Blast?

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
To Crazy Rudolf: Like I said, no dupe items, and my Machamp is holding a Lum Berry, although Tyranitar trades items with him sometimes. Any other suggestions?

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Umm, I just wanted to point something out to you... Your EV spread on Togekiss isn't possible. It comes out to 512 total. :/ And Togekiss can't learn lovely kiss...
And as for MachAmp (you spelled his name wrong) 90 EVs is like 2 wasted EVs... 88 or 92 would come out evenly. Even at that, you have 4 more usefull EVs that you could just put into HP for overall bulkiness...

Nitpicking, but I just read through this again and realized the 2 wasted EVs in defence are gonna be wasted no matter where they are. 510 is the maximum EV's, as I'm sure you know, but it is not divisible by 4, therefore making the last 2 EV's worthless no matter what.
Thanks again for your input though.

I would get rid of the BrightPowder on Togekiss and give King's Rock, so that when you use Air Slash, you'll have an easier chance of making the foe flinch, and if the foe is paralyzed, there's almost no way it'll be able to make a move.

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
This is a bump.

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
Where do yu plan to use this team, if you just plan to stick to WiFi Chomp and bright powder will be fine, if not i advise using Excadrill instead of chomp and using something like kings rock instead of bright powder, hope this helped :)