• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rate my team

hey im new here just wanting to get some opinions on my pokemon white team so far and how i could change it to make it more effective.

#1 Superior Lv 36. Hasty nature
Moves:
Slam
mega Drain
Leaf Blade
Leaf Tornado.

Gothita Lv 30. Lax Nature
Moves:
Shadow ball
Psyshock
Psybeam
Calm Mind.

Archen Lv 30. Careful nature
Moves:
Pluck
AncientPower
Agility
Acrobatics.

Basculin Lv 31. Adamant Nature
Moves:
Aqua Tail
Chip Away
Take Down
Crunch
Im planning on swapping Basculin for either Seismitoad or Jellicent.

Excadrill Lv 31, Timid Nature.
Moves:
Slash
Horn Drill
Dig
Rock Slide.

and for my 6th well i dont have 1 yet.

Also im restarting my pokemon black starting with Oshawott ive already planned to get a Sawk i was just wandering if you could suggest a good team to build for black aswell thnx :)

Alder

Come at me bro
My last Black team was a Samurott/Sawk team, actually. I also used Beheeyem, Eelektross, Darmanitan and Leavanny. It was pretty good for me.

Basculin isn't a bad Pokemon to use. I mean, its stats aren't the best, but they get stuff done and when I used it the only problem I had with it is that Basculin is f*cking annoying as it is. If you're going to replace it, I'd go with Jellicent, since Excadrill has you covered with Ground moves.

As for a sixth slot, you're missing Fighting, so...Mienshao rounds out your team nicely.

This is really similar to another team of mine...I think it was Mienshao, Serperior, Basculin, Archeops, Gothorita, and Haxorus. Anyway, you should be good as long as you don't have too much weakness-overlapping.

jab2033

I'll give you some final movesets suggestions. My comments will be in BOLD

Superior Lv 36. Hasty nature
Moves:
Aerial Ace/Swords Dance/Coil
Giga Dragin
Leaf Blade
Dragon Tail

Go with Aerial Ace if you want more Super-Effective coverage. Swords Dance can boost Leaf Blade and Dragon Tail, while Coil raises accuracy as well.

Gothita Lv 30. Lax Nature
Moves:
Shadow ball
Psyshock
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind

Only other suggestion here would be Thunderbolt. Your next best Special move after Psyshock and Shadow Ball.

Archen Lv 30. Careful nature
Moves:
Fly
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw

This is Archen/Archeops' best moveset. Rock Slide + Earthquake (aka QuakeEdge = Ground + Rock) gets nice type coverage. Although Earthquake is found after defeating N and Ghetis at the Pokemon League. Dragon Claw hits anything resistant to those. You can use Fly, but it's generally a bad move but you can use it for travelling purposes.

Basculin Lv 31. Adamant Nature
Moves:
Aqua Tail
Chip Away
Take Down
Crunch
Im planning on swapping Basculin for either Seismitoad or Jellicent.

Jellicent would probably be the better choice. Give it a Defense or Special Defense-boosting nature and the following moveset:
-Surf/Scald
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam/Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover

Two STABs in the form of Surf or Scald and Shadow Ball. Ice Beam (found late in the game after defeating N and Ghetis) or a status move. Recover for instant healing.

Excadrill Lv 31, Adamant/Jolly Nature.
Moves:
Swords Dance
X-Scisssor
Earthquake
Rock Slide.

Your nature on Excadrill is terrible for what it is designed to do, which is physical sweeping after a Swords Dance. The moves I gave are its best coverage-wise.

How about a Fire Type for your sixth? Unless you want to trade Tepig over, I would suggest Darmanitan with the following set:

Darmanitan
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
-Superpower/Hammer Arm
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Hope I helped.