• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Trickroom Team

Rys

Postcount melting!
Here is my Trick room team

Name: Duskinoir
Roll: Def Wall/Off Sp Def Wall
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Sp Def
Move 1: Shadow Punch
Move 2: Fire Punch
Move 3: Pain Split
Move 4: Trick Room

Name: Bronzong
Roll: Def Wall
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Def
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Gyro Ball
Move 3: Explosion

Name: Blissey
Roll: Sp Def Wall
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Def
Move 1: Seismic Toss
Move 2: Thunder Bolt
Move 3: Ice Beam
Move 4: Softboiled

Name: Rampardos
Roll: Phy Sweeper
Nature: Brave
Ability: Mold Breaker
EV's: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 204 Sp Def
Move 2: Stone Edge
Move 3: Head Smash
Move 4: Focus Punch / Protect

Name: Ryperior
Roll: Phy Sweeper / Off Phy Wall
Ability: Solid Rock
EV's: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def
Move 1: Stone Edge
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Megahorn
Move 4: Avalanche

For my sp sweeper I am still deciding between Magezone and Porygon Z and would like your opinion on which one

Name: Magnezone
Roll: Sp Sweeper
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 52 HP / 204 Def / 252 Sp Atk
Move 1: Magnet Rise
Move 3: Rain Dance / Tri Attack / Thunder Bolt
Move 4: Thunder

Name: Porygon Z
Roll: Sp Sweeper
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Download
EV's: HP 52 / Def 204 / Sp Atk 252
Move 1: Dark Pulse
Move 2: Ice Beam
Move 3: Thunderbolt / Trick Room / Psychic
Move 4: Thunderbolt / Trick Room / Psychic

Thats pretty much what i want my party to be please post your opinion on how good it is or how i could improve it.

Last edited:

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
A few things to change here:

For one, you didn't list the items here. I'll help you out here.

Dusknoir@Life orb
I'd suggest this since you're running Pain split on Dusknoir

Bronzong@Occa berry
Occa berry's been doing well for me. It saves you from super effective Flare Blitz and Fire blasts.

Blissey@leftovers
You can't say Blissey without leftovers. 8D

Rampardos@Expert belt/Focus sash
works well since you have access to SE moves. Focus sash if you are faint-hearted of Weavile and Salamence.

Rhyperior@Choice band
A good choice if Bronzong is still alive. If he is, you can switch in safely.

Now for the problems:

You can't honestly expect Bronzong to make any KOs with earthquake, right? Run Light screen or Reflect to help support your team. Or Hypnosis as another option.

Replace Thunderbolt on Blissey with something else like Shadow ball or Calm mind. You can't risk the 10% chance of paralasis can you?

You don't need Stone edge and Head smash on Rampardos. Try Swords dance if you predict a switch. Or Hammer Arm since this is a trick room. Protect over focus punch. Rampardos doesn't like getting hit.

Ice fang over Avalanche. Avalanche makes you go after the opponent and Rhyperior is exposed to a lot of weaknesses on his part.

I would run Magnezone over Porygon-Z. Base speed 90 isn't exactly a magic number in a trick room. And i don't see the point of Rain dance and Thunder (highly unrecommended). Try Charge beam and Explosion over Gyro ball and thunder.

My thoughts and service, though someone else will do a better job than me.

Rys

Postcount melting!
A few things to change here:

For one, you didn't list the items here. I'll help you out here.

Dusknoir@Life orb
I'd suggest this since you're running Pain split on Dusknoir

Bronzong@Occa berry
Occa berry's been doing well for me. It saves you from super effective Flare Blitz and Fire blasts.

Blissey@leftovers
You can't say Blissey without leftovers. 8D

Rampardos@Expert belt/Focus sash
works well since you have access to SE moves. Focus sash if you are faint-hearted of Weavile and Salamence.

Rhyperior@Choice band
A good choice if Bronzong is still alive. If he is, you can switch in safely.

Now for the problems:

You can't honestly expect Bronzong to make any KOs with earthquake, right? Run Light screen or Reflect to help support your team. Or Hypnosis as another option.

Replace Thunderbolt on Blissey with something else like Shadow ball or Calm mind. You can't risk the 10% chance of paralasis can you?

You don't need Stone edge and Head smash on Rampardos. Try Swords dance if you predict a switch. Or Hammer Arm since this is a trick room. Protect over focus punch. Rampardos doesn't like getting hit.

Ice fang over Avalanche. Avalanche makes you go after the opponent and Rhyperior is exposed to a lot of weaknesses on his part.

I would run Magnezone over Porygon-Z. Base speed 90 isn't exactly a magic number in a trick room. And i don't see the point of Rain dance and Thunder (highly unrecommended). Try Charge beam and Explosion over Gyro ball and thunder.

My thoughts and service, though someone else will do a better job than me.
Thanks for the advice i guess that earthquake on bronzong may have been a little pointless and the point of raindance is that apparently rain dance increases thunders accuaracy and i didnt put in items cos im still working on them

Rys

Postcount melting!
yes rain dance makes thunder have 100% accuracy so i think i will go with the rain dance/thunder combo

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
yes rain dance makes thunder have 100% accuracy so i think i will go with the rain dance/thunder combo

NO! No Thunder! The one thing any Trick room team should not risk is Paralysis. If the opponent gets paralyzed, what do you think happens?

Paralysis still affects speed in a trick room so paralyzed opponents may go first. It's something you can't risk.

You can keep rain dance to rid of Sandstorm or Rain dance but if you must have an electric move then use Charge beam. It has a better side effect with no chance of paralysis.

darkphoenix251

Phoenix Lord
Listen to this guy. seriously, that raindance + thunder combo is horrible. u waste two turns in a strategy (trick room) that takes a turn to set up anyway - u wont get chance. against a decent opponent, u need to hit hard and fast as long as trick room stays active otherwise theyre gonna break magnezone down since it is weak against a lot of stuff. Plus, be VERY careful when using Rampardos in a Double Battle since none of ur pokemon will be immune to its earthquake due to mold breaker. u never actually listed if it wos a singles or doubles team so im gonna hope its a single otherwise u have a lot to do to synchronise ur team. I would also advise against blissey for this particular team, since u already have 2 walls listed n only a couple pokemon to cause any serious damage in the time that trick room gives u. i would highly suggest another physical sweeper to take blisseys place that can take advntage of trick room and cause some serious damage b4 trick room runs out and leaves u stranded. an excellent one would be rhyperior, tyrannitar or swampert.

randomhero

~RANDOMNESS~
You don't need to worry about them getting paralyzed. It won't happen hehehe :) Well if you think like I do it won't happen. I think you need more then just 2 Pokemon for trick room. Maybe 3 Pokemon would be better that can use trickroom, but that's just me being safe. :rolleyes:

Rys

Postcount melting!
I have made some changes to my team here they are please help me improve it if you can.

Name: Duskinoir
Item: Leftovers / ???
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Sp Def
Move 1: Shadow Punch / Pursuit
Move 2: Fire Punch
Move 3: Pain Split

Name: Bronzong
Item: Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Def
Move 1: Reflect / Light Screen / Hypnosis
Move 3: Explosion

Name: Rampardos
Item: Life Orb (???)
Ability: Mold Breaker
EV's: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 204 Sp Def
Move 2: Zen Headbut
Move 3: Head Smash
Move 4:

Name: Ryperior
Item: ???
Ability: Solid Rock
EV's: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def
Move 1: Stone Edge
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Megahorn
Move 4: Avalanche

Also I will include Tyranitar and Slowbro/Slowking (please help) in a minute

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Add descriptions or this gets closed.

Also, fill in the blanks.

Didn't you notice he bumped a 6 month old thread then?

Max HP on rampardos so it can take head smash reocil better.

Rys

Postcount melting!
Didn't you notice he bumped a 6 month old thread then?

Max HP on rampardos so it can take head smash reocil better.
Thanks for rampardos info. Also aren't I allowed to stop playing pokemon for 9 months and pick it up again and here are the other 2...

Pokemon 5

Slowbro
Leftovers / ???
Own Tempo
Relaxed
212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpA
Trick Room
Slack Off / Calm Mind
Surf
Hidden Power Electric / Ice Beam

Pokemon 6

Tyranitar
Choice Band
Adamant
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Aqua Tail / Earthquake
200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Def

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Thanks for rampardos info. Also aren't I allowed to stop playing pokemon for 9 months and pick it up again and here are the other 2...

Pokemon 5

Slowbro
Leftovers / ???
Own Tempo
Relaxed
212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpA
Trick Room
Slack Off / Calm Mind
Surf
Hidden Power Electric / Ice Beam

Pokemon 6

Tyranitar
Choice Band
Adamant
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Aqua Tail / Earthquake
200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Def

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to bump a 9 month old thread. you should've just made a new post, i bet it took you ages to find this one anyway. (but let's face it, this is serebii CRMT, who the f**k follows the rules?) -_-

Rys

Postcount melting!
I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to bump a 9 month old thread. you should've just made a new post, i bet it took you ages to find this one anyway. (but let's face it, this is serebii CRMT, who the f**k follows the rules?) -_-
well actually I just looked up threads that I had started so yknow it came up with like two so it was kinda easy to find this one. Also you can bump if you believe it still has life left in it which it does, it may be near death but its still alive. but meh 3 points if i did break the rules, so 17 more and i'll get banned from here for 1 week ooohhh scarey.

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
but meh 3 points if i did break the rules, so 17 more and i'll get banned from here for 1 week ooohhh scarey.

LOL!@the the end.
well aren't you just one badass mofo? XD

btw 252/204/54 spreads don't acheive much of anything, just go 216 in what ever stat you have a +nature in to acheive a jump point, then dump the rest in a random stat, usually the stat you're attacking with.

Rys

Postcount melting!
btw 252/204/54 spreads don't acheive much of anything, just go 216 in what ever stat you have a +nature in to acheive a jump point, then dump the rest in a random stat, usually the stat you're attacking with.

Why exactly dont they achieve much?

That's a poor way to Ev.

Rys

Postcount melting!

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
That's a poor way to Ev.
i meant that way on defensive pokemon, which is mainly ev'ing for lefties point, jump point in whatever def you're using then the rest in the other Def or the attacking stat you're using, obviously the way you EV for things changes depending on what it needs to counter, like vappy needing 252/252 to deal with mixape and gyarados.

Last edited: