• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my triple battle team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
This team will be for the standard battling rules, such as playing on flat battles with friends or on the battle spot. I will also be using it for the Battle Maison and hope to use it for tournaments eventually.

Member #1:;235; Holding: Quick Claw
EV's: 252 speed/ 252 attack/ 4 defense.

Ability: Own Tempo

Nature: Naughty.

Moves: Mat Block, Simple Beam, V-Create, and Psyche Up.

Notes; This Smeargle is to be sent out first along with a couple other Pokemon (namely Gigalith and Weavile). It's role in the team is to hopefully utilize high speed and the Quick Claw together in order to protect the other members switching in, due to the tests that I have run and found a hole in the strategy where Intimidate tears the whole thing apart. As a result, with enough boosts (without choice scarf), Smeargle will use it's Mat Block in order to help the Gorebyss and Greninja switch in safely and proceed with setup. The Smeargle also plays an essential role where it uses Simple Beam on the Gorebyss while the Greninja uses Mat Block again. These two turns are also very good for scouting what non-priority moves the opponent may have. Later, when the Gallade comes out, I like to use Psyche Up to copy the stat boosts it gets, then use V-Create, which would make for an almost sure KO.

Member#2::526: Holding: Choice Band

Ability: Sturdy

EV's: 252 attack/ 100 defense/ 156 special defense.

Nature: Naive.

Moves: Earthquake, Smack Down, Heavy Slam, and Explosion.

Notes; Gigalith is sent out in the first three Pokemon, but it is switched out immediately. Later, it is switched back in the turn after the Greninja uses Mat Block. It then shifts to the middle, proceeding to use Explosion on the next turn (or Earthquake, depending on what the opponent has in it's setup). In an ideal situation, I take advantage of the fact that many people vary their types, meaning thy won't have more than one ghost type, unless it's Sableye or Spiritomb, but that hardly ever happens, so this part has always worked well with Explosion, which also sets up for the Weavile, which also switches out immediately, to rush in and use Retaliate, then continue to use other moves.

Member #3:;461; Holding: Life Orb

EV's: 252 attack/ 252 speed/ 4 HP.

Nature: Jolly.

Moves: Icicle Crash, Poison Jab, Aerial Ace, and Retaliate.

Notes; Weavile is sent out to take away Intimidate effect on the Gorebyss (which is important) and immediately switches out on the first turn. It then comes in to Retaliate from the Gigalith fainting and proceeds to plow through any other Pokemon with its wide array of moves. The Life Orb is to boost its already powerful moveset and to make use of its high speed and attack, which help to aid in the sweep alongside Gallade.

Member #4:;368; Holding: White Herb

EVs: 252 HP/ 252 special defense/ 4 defense.

Nature: Relaxed.

Moves: Shell Smash, Iron Defense, Amnesia, and Baton Pass.

Notes; This is what almost the entire team revolves around. It helps to boost the Gallade to an almost unstoppable level (even if it can manage without it) and its stat boosts are also used to help Smeargle be valuable past support. Gorebyss, if it has to be brought out after it has boosted Gallade, can also be used as a staller that keeps raising its stats. The Simple Beam doubles its stat increases and drops, which is the reason for the White Herb. The reason I used this is because, not only is it known for its skills in support, but it is also the only one to be able to learn defense raising stats and Shell Smash (through Clampearl).

Member #5: G-G-Greninja!!!!!!!! No item.

Nature: Timid.

Ability: Protean

Moves: Acrobatics, Ice Punch, U-Turn, and Mat Block.

Notes; The Greninja is what the Weavile or Gigalith switches into. It is used to utilize its high speed, prodigious ability, and signature move in order to protect itself and the Gorebyss and Smeargle while they set up. It then proceeds to switch out with U-Turn into Gigalith, then comes back two turns later in order to use Mat Block to keep the rest of the party from being harmed be Gigalith's all-hitting moves. It is then used as a fast heavy hitter, making use of Ice Punch to have a small chance of disabling the opponent as well as doing damage. It also uses Acrobatics, making use of its lack of an item.

Member #6:;475; Holding: Galladite

EV's: 152 attack/ 100 speed/ 126 special defense/ 126 defense.

Nature: Hasty.

Ability: Justified

Moves: Drain Punch, Night Slash, Psyco Cut, and Leaf Blade.

Notes; When the Gorebyss uses Baton Pass, this is what's on the other end, a storm of fast hits that destroy anything it touches. What's left after the Gigalith uses Explosion stands no chance to this sweeper, which also functions as a Pokemon that Smeargle can Psyche Up to in order to gain its ability to fight on its own. If you somehow do manage to do decent damage to it, it strikes back with Drain Punch, not only doing amazing damage even to other stallers, but also restoring what damage it had taken.

All in all, I think it's a pretty good team, until you take it against an opponent that has Roar, but only the first levels of the Battle Maison use that, so I'll probably use my Justified Absol strategy to unlock Super Triple Battle. This Team, when you get past the set-up (that is to say, up until the Gigalith uses Explosion), it's average turn win is around three. Also, the Weavile, Gallade, and Greninja are shiny, so their fun to use and won't change. This team works especially well and it is great for some laughs online.

Last edited:

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
This team will be for the standard battling rules, such as playing on flat battles with friends or on the battle spot. I will also be using it for the Battle Maison and hope to use it for tournaments eventually.

Member #1:;235; Holding: Focus Sash
EV's: 252 speed/ 252 attack/ 4 defense.

Ability: Own Tempo

Moves: Mat Block, Simple Beam, V-Create, and Psyche Up.

Notes; This Smeargle is to be sent out first along with a couple other Pokemon (namely Gigalith and Weavile). It's role in the team is to hopefully utilize high speed and the Quick Claw together in order to protect the other members switching in, due to the tests that I have run and found a hole in the strategy where Intimidate tears the whole thing apart. As a result, with enough boosts (without choice scarf), Smeargle will use it's Mat Block in order to help the Gorebyss and Greninja switch in safely and proceed with setup. The Smeargle also plays an essential role where it uses Simple Beam on the Gorebyss while the Greninja uses Mat Block again. These two turns are also very good for scouting what non-priority moves the opponent may have. Later, when the Gallade comes out, I like to use Psyche Up to copy the stat boosts it gets, then use V-Create, which would make for an almost sure KO.

Member#2::526: Holding: Choice Band

Ability: Sturdy

EV's: 252 attack/ 100 defense/ 156 special defense.

Nature: Adamant.

Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Heavy Slam, and Explosion.

Notes; Gigalith is sent out in the first three Pokemon, but it is switched out immediately. Later, it is switched back in the turn after the Greninja uses Mat Block. It then shifts to the middle, proceeding to use Explosion on the next turn (or Earthquake, depending on what the opponent has in it's setup). In an ideal situation, I take advantage of the fact that many people vary their types, meaning thy won't have more than one ghost type, unless it's Sableye or Spiritomb, but that hardly ever happens, so this part has always worked well with Explosion, which also sets up for the Weavile, which also switches out immediately, to rush in and use Retaliate, then continue to use other moves.

Member #3:;461; Holding: Life Orb

Moves: Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Knock Off, and Fake Out

Notes; Weavile is sent out to take away Intimidate effect on the Gorebyss (which is important) and immediately switches out on the first turn. It then comes in to Retaliate from the Gigalith fainting and proceeds to plow through any other Pokemon with its wide array of moves. The Life Orb is to boost its already powerful moveset and to make use of its high speed and attack, which help to aid in the sweep alongside Gallade.

Member #4:;368; Holding: White Herb

EVs: 252 HP/ 252 special defense/ 4 defense.

Nature: Calm

Moves: Shell Smash, Iron Defense, Amnesia, and Baton Pass. Replace Iron Defense or Amnesia with Scald otherwise this is taunt bait.

Notes; This is what almost the entire team revolves around. It helps to boost the Gallade to an almost unstoppable level (even if it can manage without it) and its stat boosts are also used to help Smeargle be valuable past support. Gorebyss, if it has to be brought out after it has boosted Gallade, can also be used as a staller that keeps raising its stats. The Simple Beam doubles its stat increases and drops, which is the reason for the White Herb. The reason I used this is because, not only is it known for its skills in support, but it is also the only one to be able to learn defense raising stats and Shell Smash (through Clampearl).

Member #5: G-G-Greninja!!!!!!!! Expert Belt

EV's: 252 Special Attack/ 252 speed/ 4 HP.

Nature: Timid.

Moves: Scald, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, and Mat Block.

Notes; The Greninja is what the Weavile or Gigalith switches into. It is used to utilize its high speed, prodigious ability, and signature move in order to protect itself and the Gorebyss and Smeargle while they set up. It then proceeds to switch out with U-Turn into Gigalith, then comes back two turns later in order to use Mat Block to keep the rest of the party from being harmed be Gigalith's all-hitting moves. It is then used as a fast heavy hitter, making use of Ice Punch to have a small chance of disabling the opponent as well as doing damage. It also uses Acrobatics, making use of its lack of an item.

Member #6:;475; Holding: Galladite

EV's: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 68 Def / 140 SpD / 36 Spe

Nature: Impish

Ability: Justified

Moves: Close Combat, Skill Swap, Zen Headbutt, and Protect

Notes; When the Gorebyss uses Baton Pass, this is what's on the other end, a storm of fast hits that destroy anything it touches. What's left after the Gigalith uses Explosion stands no chance to this sweeper, which also functions as a Pokemon that Smeargle can Psyche Up to in order to gain its ability to fight on its own. If you somehow do manage to do decent damage to it, it strikes back with Drain Punch, not only doing amazing damage even to other stallers, but also restoring what damage it had taken.

All in all, I think it's a pretty good team, until you take it against an opponent that has Roar, but only the first levels of the Battle Maison use that, so I'll probably use my Justified Absol strategy to unlock Super Triple Battle. This Team, when you get past the set-up (that is to say, up until the Gigalith uses Explosion), it's average turn win is around three. Also, the Weavile, Gallade, and Greninja are shiny, so their fun to use and won't change. This team works especially well and it is great for some laughs online.
What I'd fix is in bold, for example natures, you need the right natures as well as the right moveset to go with nature, your physical yet Timid Greninja is a perfect example which is why I suggest a special set > physical.

Also, what are the IVs so raters can get a better idea?

Also the Gallade set I recommend survives Adamant M-Kang Double-Edge and OHKOes M-Kang with CC, it also lives Pixie Plate Sylveon Hyper Voice.

Last edited:

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
I want to use my shiny Gallade, so I'll have to work around the nature fix. Other than that, can you explain how it's moveset fixes would help it? I personally think that Drain Punch would still be good, but I get that you want this to work well. If you do recommend a change, I might not go with Close Combat, but Skill Swap, if I do go against M-Kang, would work reasonably well. Protect, perhaps not. Zen Headbutt is a good idea, thanks for the input.

About the Greninja, those are Simple (pun intended) fixes and I can preform them quite easily. I see that there's more status condition chance as well as still keeping in mind the crucial part of the strategy. Thanks for the input.

About the Gorebyss, I can get the nature to be what you suggested most likely, I'll replace Amnesia with Scald, since both Gallade and Gorebyss have reasonably good Spe. Defense. Thanks for your input.

For the Weavile, I may keep Retaliate and Knock Off Knock Off, if you don't mind. Since Greninja is sorta flimsy when it comes to defenses, I could still make use of it. Good idea to use those two priority moves, as well. Thanks for the input.

I see what your saying with the Gigalith; right nature and it neither Explosion or Earthquake is unusable (though I don't know why anyone would use more than two ghost types with levitate or flying type) it would be much better to use Rock Slide, which does manage to hit all the opponent while flinching the slower and possibly more powerful ones. Thanks for the input.

And finally, the Smeargle. I feel like Focus Sash might decrease its chances of successfully pulling off Mat Block, but I see you solved that with the nature. Thanks for the input.

Sorry I didn't give IVs, but I can always check them. I'll edit them when I get the chance.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Mat Block is terrible, especially on Smeargle. The move lacks priority and Smeargle has a measely Base 75 Speed stat, so it's not going to do much.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Mat Block works better on Greninja thanks to its high speed. You're better off giving Smeargle a different moveset, especially something with speed control such as Tailwind to make sure you're always first. It also helps it set up Spore and Simple Beam faster.

What I would change on Greninjais this :

Greninja @ King's Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Mat Block
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- U-turn / Rock Slide / Water Shuriken

This set is meant to take advantage of Greninja's speed stat to create free turns with Mat Block and Fling. After using Fling, Acrobatics becomes really strong but the best part of it is that you can avoid Earthquakes from yourself or your enemy. The leftover moveslot is up to you.

If you feel you need more offensive presence, Special Attacking Life Orb Greninja works alot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.