• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my UU-team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
(First, I would like to apologize for my somewhat bad English. It's not my first language. (as you probably can make out of my stupid username -.-) )
I have battled at Pokémon Showdown for some time now, and I think it is time for me to make a wi-fi team for my DS.
This is the team I usually use at Showdown, and I would like tips on how to make it better before I start making it in my DS.
I'm not very familar with the serebii tiers, but if theres something that doesn't fit into the team at all, please make me aware of that.

260-frame1.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

197.png

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Payback

145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spd
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Roar

Spr_4d_407_f.png

Roserade @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain

237.png

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

356-frame1.png

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Seismic Toss

My main tactic is to set up Stealth Rock. That is basically what the Swampert do. Then I usually swich into Zapdos to take on a grass move. And then I roar or attack with Zapdos.
When I can, I try to get some spikes up with Roserade. But mostly, that's it.
Hitmontops only purpose is to rapid spin. I have rarely had any use of it's attacking moves.
Umbreon is important, because he can send wishes to other pary members, and heal the whole team with heal bell.
I guess Dusclops can be seen as a annoyer. Sometimes I have swept whole teams with her. I guess you know how it goes. She is bulky, and she can cripple physical attackers with her will-o-wisp. Then she can rest, and then sleep talk seismic tosses and will-o-wisps, and then rest again if nessesary.
Dusclops is easy to set up on, though.

I also like that most of the team members are immune to types. Like Zapdos (ground immunity/grass resitance), Swampert (electric), Umbreon (psyshic), Dusclops (normal/fighting)
They complete each other, and this can make it quite easy to switch.

Last edited:

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
Can't really rate the team without further and in-depth explanations. I can say though that you're wasting EVs on Swampert by putting them into hi SpA stat when he doesn't use it at all. Also, your team lacks a real special sponge.

Oh, I thought I had fixed that. He originally carried ice punch, I think. (EDIT: ice beam -.-)

What more details can I put in about my team? It takes more energy than you might think to write in English. ;__;

And what is a "real special sponge"? O__O

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I don't have much to say since I'm not a fan of UU and don't know the metagame well, but you this is a solid stall team. All I have to say is change swamperts satk evs to defense, give umbreon 4 atk evs and put 252 in Spd, and change toxic on roserade to toxic spikes. The reason is that you already run toxic on unbreon, and toxic spikes can be extremely annoying. Other than those things, this is an extremely solid stall team. Good job with it!

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
And what is a "real special sponge"? O__O

Anything that absorbs special attacks/ like Snorlax.

But seriously, you may want to add more descriptions to this RMT to get more rates and to avoid it getting closed.

I don't have much to say since I'm not a fan of UU and don't know the metagame well, but you this is a solid stall team. All I have to say is change swamperts satk evs to defense, give umbreon 4 atk evs and put 252 in Spd, and change toxic on roserade to toxic spikes. The reason is that you already run toxic on unbreon, and toxic spikes can be extremely annoying. Other than those things, this is an extremely solid stall team. Good job with it!
Wow, I really haven't payed much attention to my EV's. O__o I will change that right away.
I have also thought about replacing toxic with sleep powder, mostly because I like sleep. But toxic spikes works as well, I guess.
Thanks for the praise! :D

HeyI'mChubby said:
But seriously, you may want to add more descriptions to this RMT to get more rates and to avoid it getting closed.
I get it. But I just don't know what more I can say. :/

Umbreon = Special Sponge
Um, yeah. ^^'

EDIT: But I'm kind of worried about Roserade and Hitmontop. I just feel that they don't have any real purpose, all I do with them is spikes/rapid spin. Shouldn't I replace them with something, maybe something that can fill both purposes so that I can get an extra spot for a new team member?

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Wow, I really haven't payed much attention to my EV's. O__o I will change that right away.
I have also thought about replacing toxic with sleep powder, mostly because I like sleep. But toxic spikes works as well, I guess.
Thanks for the praise! :D

I get it. But I just don't know what more I can say. :/

Um, yeah. ^^'

EDIT: But I'm kind of worried about Roserade and Hitmontop. I just feel that they don't have any real purpose, all I do with them is spikes/rapid spin. Shouldn't I replace them with something, maybe something that can fill both purposes so that I can get an extra spot for a new team member?

A spinner is absolutely necessary for a stall team, so Hitmontop is a must keep. He also threatens Steels and keeps Weavile from sweeping you once Swampert (who has no recovery) is beaten down to around 35%. Roserade is also a must keep because it gives you spikes which are necessary for stall. It also threatens the tier's water types. Honestly, the synergy of your team is fantastic, so changing a member has the risk of messing it up in some way :/

A spinner is absolutely necessary for a stall team, so Hitmontop is a must keep. He also threatens Steels and keeps Weavile from sweeping you once Swampert (who has no recovery) is beaten down to around 35%. Roserade is also a must keep because it gives you spikes which are necessary for stall. It also threatens the tier's water types. Honestly, the synergy of your team is fantastic, so changing a member has the risk of messing it up in some way :/
Hmm...

I would appreciate if more people would rate this team, before I start raising this team in-game. :)

And one more question.
How does wi-fi battles work? Is there any "standard 6 vs 6", or only 3 vs 3? I mean, in random matchup it seems like you can only battle 3 vs 3. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.