• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my UU team

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Hello people! After being 6-0ed by birdspam sooooo many times, i decided to seek refuge in UU, and now its my most preferred format. I made this team using weaknesses of each pokemon in mind. So here it is:

Banette (Phantom) @ Banettite
Adamant with 248 HP / 252 Att / 8 SpD
Frisk - Prankster
Taunt
Pain Split
Destiny Bond
Shadow Claw

I just see some unseen potential in mega banette, not the cotton guard set though. Taunt for stopping set up sweepers (though they get one set up cuz i take a turn to mega evolve!), pain split for recovery (i STILL dont know how to use it, thinking of replacing it, any ideas?), Destiny Bond because it guarantees a 1-1 and shadow claw for damage. I just have a doubt in pain split but other than that i'm okay here.

Hydreigon (Hyrule) @ Choice Scarf
Modest with 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 SpD
Levitate
U-Turn
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Earth Power

Dont know why i named it hyrule, i dont even play zelda! Anyways, its a simple scarf set, u-turn for momentum, two STAB pulses and Earth Power because i am begging for ground coverage (earlier had flamethrower). It does not have a HUGE damage output, but specs is just too slow for me, so it's stuck.

Forretress (Cannon-Ball) @ Leftovers
Relaxed with 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sturdy
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Volt Switch

I DONT KNOW WHY OR HOW IT GOT VOLT SWITCH, BUT IT DID! Rapid Spin to remove hazards on my field, Stealth Rocks because why not, Gyro Ball to OHKO mega Aerodactyl and Volt Switch to form a weakish volt switch chain with Hydreigon. Pretty Obvious as a lead, so i lead with my Hyrule, let the opponent switch, u-turn and come back into forretress.

Arcanine (Lovely Puppy) @ Life Orb
Adamant with 252 Att / 252 Spd / 4 SpD
Flash Fire
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Morning Sun

My lovely shiny puppy, Flash fire for immunity, Flare Blitz to WRECK after a FF boost, Close Combat for Coverage, E-speed for strong priority and Morning sun to heal recoil. Simple enough.

Toxicroak
(Draco Malfoy) @ Life Orb
Jolly with 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 SpD
Dry Skin
Swords Dance
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch
Poison Jab

My suicune counter, i used to run physical nidoqueen but crocune ran me over, so i replaced it with Toxicroak! Swords Dance to boost, two STABs and Sucker Punch for priority and revenge killing.

Suicune (Crystal) @ Chesto Berry
Bold with 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Pressure
Calm Mind
Scald
Ice Beam
Rest

My love, it wrecks 90% of UU, Calm Mind to boost, Scald for STAB. Ice Beam for MUCH NEEDED coverage, cant afford sleep talk, so i use chesto resto for that. WRECK, absolutely WRECKS, after bulky waters are taken care of that is.

So, there you have it! I reached from 1000 to 1250 with this team in one hour, 3 losses and 23 wins, rate it, theres always room for improvement!

Prakhar

Been 4 days....anybody? SCHMERR!

imran3

Nothing much...
I'm a total newb and I started competitive battling a few weeks ago. So I only have simple advice, but I can rate it.

Assuming battle format is Single:

Banette. I really don't like Pain Split. Prankster is awesome, and Frisk works really well with Knock Off.
Will-o-Wisp is great to neutralize physical threats.
Knock Off really helps take down item users, eg. Chansey, but I'm not too sure if that's in UU, never played it. Just OU, Uber and AG.
Sucker Punch gives Priority Attack, but it could fail...
Shadow Claw is it's best STAB, if you don't account Phantom Force.
It doesn't have any Physical attacks for coverage, with Dazzling Gleam being special... Damn!
Destiny Bond doesn't seem like the best idea, but it's nice if you give up against something.
It's 3 moves are OK, but Pain Split has gotta go.
I always had dreams that this mega would be Ghost/Fairy...

Hydreigon. Is that thing even UU? I use it in OUs and it works fine.
I'm not much of a fan of Choice Scarf, unless you switch out into a Pokemon which covers up Hydreigon's weakness, like Fairy for Arcanine. The moves are pretty good, U-Turn, not too sure but could bite off weakened Pokemon, while receiving a huge speed boost . Flash Cannon could help beat Fairies, but it doesn't hit hard. I guess you're pretty good on this guy.
Keep Earth Power to punish any Heatrans, but I think they're banned, you know Top OUs or Uber BLs, I call it's type that. Heat Wave could be an option to take down pesky Ices and Bugs, but that's probably just it. It's awesome for spread damage in Doubles though. Pretty solid moveset, but could be altered in certain situations :)

Forretress. Something I love to spam up Custap Barry Explosions ( I got one from Global Link Mileage Club). Nevertheless, Stealth Rock is an awesome choice, along with Rapid Spin. I don't like Gyro Ball all that much, so you can put Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Volt Switch is pretty cool to keep some pesky Birds off their guard. This one is well constructed :D But Mega Aerodactyls are always a problem to me to. Can't outspeed it... Volt Switch does take a decent bite of it though.

Arcanine. The Legendary Pokemon. Flash Fire is awesome to switch out into with Toxicroak and Volt Switch Forretress. But this may not come into much use all the time, Intimidate really cripples Physical attackers. Your choice. Flash Fire is defensive, offensive and situational. Intimidate is defensive and easy to use.
The moveset is pretty solid, but Thunder Fang offers good coverage, but I see where your moveset is going. :D

Toxicroak. What's this? Item Clause Life Orb? I'd recommend a Focus Sash for Frailly Frog. Dry Skin isn't that good, Poison Touch give's 30% Poison to any of your contact moves. Anticipation may blow your cover of Dry Skin, but it predicts your opponent's moves. It's basically your choice again.
It's pretty frail for set-ups, so I don't recommend Swords Dance. Rock Slide is good to take out birds, it has access to Earthquake, and Ice Punch to cover up Grounds, oh wait! I forgot the other setup move, Power Up Punch. Maybe 40 BP, so what? At least you get a Swords Dance after 2 of these. For Poison Jab, you can put Gunk Shot on it if you risk the accuracy and the PP. Hits at a solid 120 Power. Sucker Punch is awesome to deal with Alakazams, but most Psychics are pretty slow, therefore Knock Off does get a mention, but you're well of with Sucker Punch, seeing how frail he is. Drain Punch heals and has nice accuracy so can't change that. Pretty Solid moveset, but your ability and item may need changing. :D

Last, but the greatest, Suicune. I hate to battle this thing, so bulky, so hard to take down without super effectives and Pressure totally struggles opponents. Nice Resto (Rest+Chesto) strategy, you don't won't other statuses to ruin your Lum Berry. Scald burns,Calm Mind raises your offenses and defenses giving it even more bulk and some decent sweeps! Gosh! Ice Beam whips out Grasses, but your Hydreigon could cover Electrics. Bulky Waters wall this guy so make sure you've taken them out. This is the best moveset on your team I've seen, and probably the only flawless one if we forget Arcanine. But careful, Chesto Berry only works once, so use it wisely.

Overall, your team is darn awesome, but could use a few changes, 9.8/10. I'm pretty sure a veteran could arrive here to correct the natures and EVs if they are wrong. Hope I helped, and sorry if I was being rude. Good luck to reach the Top Ranks! :D I hope you find my help satisfactory. And please put a difference between Special Defense (Sp.Def, or SpD) and Speed (Spd). Couldn't tell the EV Spreads. And if you could, post the IVs.
http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml

Last edited:

Prakhar

I'm a total newb and I started competitive battling a few weeks ago. So I only have simple advice, but I can rate it.

Assuming battle format is Single:

Banette. I really don't like Pain Split. Prankster is awesome, and Frisk works really well with Knock Off.
Will-o-Wisp is great to neutralize physical threats.
Knock Off really helps take down item users, eg. Chansey, but I'm not too sure if that's in UU, never played it. Just OU, Uber and AG.
Sucker Punch gives Priority Attack, but it could fail...
Shadow Claw is it's best STAB, if you don't account Phantom Force.
It doesn't have any Physical attacks for coverage, with Dazzling Gleam being special... Damn!
Destiny Bond doesn't seem like the best idea, but it's nice if you give up against something.
It's 3 moves are OK, but Pain Split has gotta go.
I always had dreams that this mega would be Ghost/Fairy...

Hydreigon. Is that thing even UU? I use it in OUs and it works fine.
I'm not much of a fan of Choice Scarf, unless you switch out into a Pokemon which covers up Hydreigon's weakness, like Fairy for Arcanine. The moves are pretty good, U-Turn, not too sure but could bite off weakened Pokemon, while receiving a huge speed boost . Flash Cannon could help beat Fairies, but it doesn't hit hard. I guess you're pretty good on this guy.
Keep Earth Power to punish any Heatrans, but I think they're banned, you know Top OUs or Uber BLs, I call it's type that. Heat Wave could be an option to take down pesky Ices and Bugs, but that's probably just it. It's awesome for spread damage in Doubles though. Pretty solid moveset, but could be altered in certain situations :)

Forretress. Something I love to spam up Custap Barry Explosions ( I got one from Global Link Mileage Club). Nevertheless, Stealth Rock is an awesome choice, along with Rapid Spin. I don't like Gyro Ball all that much, so you can put Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Volt Switch is pretty cool to keep some pesky Birds off their guard. This one is well constructed :D But Mega Aerodactyls are always a problem to me to. Can't outspeed it... Volt Switch does take a decent bite of it though.

Arcanine. The Legendary Pokemon. Flash Fire is awesome to switch out into with Toxicroak and Volt Switch Forretress. But this may not come into much use all the time, Intimidate really cripples Physical attackers. Your choice. Flash Fire is defensive, offensive and situational. Intimidate is defensive and easy to use.
The moveset is pretty solid, but Thunder Fang offers good coverage, but I see where your moveset is going. :D

Toxicroak. What's this? Item Clause Life Orb? I'd recommend a Focus Sash for Frailly Frog. Dry Skin isn't that good, Poison Touch give's 30% Poison to any of your contact moves. Anticipation may blow your cover of Dry Skin, but it predicts your opponent's moves. It's basically your choice again.
It's pretty frail for set-ups, so I don't recommend Swords Dance. Rock Slide is good to take out birds, it has access to Earthquake, and Ice Punch to cover up Grounds, oh wait! I forgot the other setup move, Power Up Punch. Maybe 40 BP, so what? At least you get a Swords Dance after 2 of these. For Poison Jab, you can put Gunk Shot on it if you risk the accuracy and the PP. Hits at a solid 120 Power. Sucker Punch is awesome to deal with Alakazams, but most Psychics are pretty slow, therefore Knock Off does get a mention, but you're well of with Sucker Punch, seeing how frail he is. Drain Punch heals and has nice accuracy so can't change that. Pretty Solid moveset, but your ability and item may need changing. :D

Last, but the greatest, Suicune. I hate to battle this thing, so bulky, so hard to take down without super effectives and Pressure totally struggles opponents. Nice Resto (Rest+Chesto) strategy, you don't won't other statuses to ruin your Lum Berry. Scald burns,Calm Mind raises your offenses and defenses giving it even more bulk and some decent sweeps! Gosh! Ice Beam whips out Grasses, but your Hydreigon could cover Electrics. Bulky Waters wall this guy so make sure you've taken them out. This is the best moveset on your team I've seen, and probably the only flawless one if we forget Arcanine. But careful, Chesto Berry only works once, so use it wisely.

Overall, your team is darn awesome, but could use a few changes, 9.8/10. I'm pretty sure a veteran could arrive here to correct the natures and EVs if they are wrong. Hope I helped, and sorry if I was being rude. Good luck to reach the Top Ranks! :D I hope you find my help satisfactory. And please put a difference between Special Defense (Sp.Def, or SpD) and Speed (Spd). Couldn't tell the EV Spreads. And if you could, post the IVs.
http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml

Oh! Thanks! I just use pain split for the blissey switch-ins for opponents who know that my only move is shadow claw. I don't like it a lot either, so i guess i'll replace it with Sucker Punch. Destiny bond boosted by prankster allow me to take down HUGE threats that none of my team can handle. Hydreigon, i like scarf, the speed priority is nice. U-turn is good if i want to switch out, i can deal a little damage and its for utility purposes anyways, so i run timid. Earth power definately needs replacing, sine it 2hko's nidos which dark pulse can also do.
Foretress is just for hazards and hazard removal. Believe it or not, an uninvested gyro ball OHKO'es mega aerodactyl. Volt Switch forms a weak volt-turn combo with hydreigon and allows fragile pokemon to safely switch in.

Arcanine, i use flash fire just because of two glaring fire weaknesses (counting dry skin), after a flash fire boost, it ohko'es nidoqueen, which is why i use it. I know intimidate comes in handy but foretress is such a defensive behemoth anyways.

Toxicroak! I don't follow item clause (its not a battlespot team anyways) so life orb for me! Dry skin is to COUNTER the crocune (which earlier gave me a lot of problems) set which only carry scald and get some nice HP on predicted water attacks. Swords dance is to make use of the switches toxicroak forces.

Thanks for rating my team, i will follow your tips!

P.S. I do use SpD for special defense, and Spd for speed.

P.S.2: The IV's are all 31 {using showdown now, currently building a trick room team for singles battlespot in-game (my rating fell to 12xx, using trick room to bring it up)}

imran3

Nothing much...
A few edits from my suggestions:

Sucker Punch is awesome, seeing it's low Speed. Destiny Bond is an awesome kamikaze which I plan to use on my Sharpedo gimmick. But with Prankster, man, MegaDactyl is gone, no matter how fast it is. Shadow Claw is sadly your best STAB, wish there were more options... As I said, imagine if he was Ghost/Fairy and got access to Play Rough? He'd certainly be OU.

I see what you're doing with the scarf, but if you like to switch out in case, then I recommend Draco Meteor. Solid 130 BP STAB, which reduces Sp.Atk, but you switch in. You might get rid of Dragon Pulse. Earth Power can be replaced with a ton of better selections: Surf, Flamethrower, Heat Wave and Flash Cannon. But Earth Power is still a decent option to get rid of Poisons and Steels and Heatrans or other Fires.

Forretress is awesome enough, but if MegaDactyl is that common, then I'd keep Gyro Ball. Rapid Spin is a need as Arcanine is weak to rocks. Not much comment, it's good as it is.

Arcanine has a solid moveset, but, as I said, Thunder Fang is a nice choice to use if you meet waters and you have not much to do except Close Combat and lose defenses. ExtremeSpeed is necessary to outspeed a lot of opponents and CC has a solid 120 BP which comes handy. But you could always easily switch into Toxicroak to embarrass your opponent.

Toxicroak is actually a counter and check? Sorry, I didn't read that before. Be careful with its defenses and Fires although you could switch into Arcanine and be careful with the setups. I've used him once in Gen 5 and he's pretty frail. What's a CroCune again? I'm new as I said.

Suicune, I have no comment. You are set to go, although Surf could hit reliably with good damage but no burns and Hydro Pump with shaky accuracy, yet a 110 BP with no burns, or Scald with poor power, reliable accuracy and burning! I recommend Scald as it burns cause your opponent to see more of Suicune's bulk.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Oh! Thanks! I just use pain split for the blissey switch-ins for opponents who know that my only move is shadow claw. I don't like it a lot either, so i guess i'll replace it with Sucker Punch. Destiny bond boosted by prankster allow me to take down HUGE threats that none of my team can handle. Hydreigon, i like scarf, the speed priority is nice. U-turn is good if i want to switch out, i can deal a little damage and its for utility purposes anyways, so i run timid. Earth power definately needs replacing, sine it 2hko's nidos which dark pulse can also do.
Foretress is just for hazards and hazard removal. Believe it or not, an uninvested gyro ball OHKO'es mega aerodactyl. Volt Switch forms a weak volt-turn combo with hydreigon and allows fragile pokemon to safely switch in.

Arcanine, i use flash fire just because of two glaring fire weaknesses (counting dry skin), after a flash fire boost, it ohko'es nidoqueen, which is why i use it. I know intimidate comes in handy but foretress is such a defensive behemoth anyways.

Toxicroak! I don't follow item clause (its not a battlespot team anyways) so life orb for me! Dry skin is to COUNTER the crocune (which earlier gave me a lot of problems) set which only carry scald and get some nice HP on predicted water attacks. Swords dance is to make use of the switches toxicroak forces.

Thanks for rating my team, i will follow your tips!

P.S. I do use SpD for special defense, and Spd for speed.

P.S.2: The IV's are all 31 {using showdown now, currently building a trick room team for singles battlespot in-game (my rating fell to 12xx, using trick room to bring it up)}

Just wanted to point out that since you play on Showdown you may as well set the attack IV of special pokémon to 0 (like Suicune's) since that way you will take less damage while confused (confusion damage is based on your attack and is a typeless move). And yes, Hydreigon is UU somehow, probably because of it's x4 weakness to fairy while not being able to do much (Flash Cannon won't hit too hard since most of them are special defensive and Hydreigon has no STAB on Flash Cannon), U-Turn is good but it won't do too much damage with a modest nature.

Forretress learns Volt Switch as TM 72.

Arcanine learns Wild Charge too for eletric coverage.

Showdown doesn't have item clause so it's fine to have two pokémon with Life Orb... Poison Point isn't so good on Toxicroak, it's rather frail plus regular poison isn't so good since it only does cheap damage without a good side effect like reducing your enemy's attack or speed.

EDIT: Two Draco Meteor does more damage than two Dragon Pulse considering the special attack drop.

EKZ1505

First off, props for using Mega Banette :) One of my favorites for sure. Now I've mostly used mine in doubles (surprisingly it's pretty good there), but I use Shadow Sneak/Will-O-Wisp/Knock Off/Destiny Bond. Knock Off pretty much every turn you mega evolve (unless you're against another mega) since Prankster isn't active, and then go from there. I've used Thunder Wave in place of WoW before, so it can really just be your preference for what your team needs. Both physical attacks hit really hard with that attack stat, even if the base power isn't great. I wouldn't bother with Pain Split. If you're worried about Blissey, Knock Off is still a solid option for that. Sucker Punch is alright, but if the opponent is fearing a priority Destiny Bond, they may not use an attacking move (all depends on the situation of course), so that's why I've had more success with Shadow Sneak, even if it is a little weaker.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
First off, props for using Mega Banette :) One of my favorites for sure. Now I've mostly used mine in doubles (surprisingly it's pretty good there), but I use Shadow Sneak/Will-O-Wisp/Knock Off/Destiny Bond. Knock Off pretty much every turn you mega evolve (unless you're against another mega) since Prankster isn't active, and then go from there. I've used Thunder Wave in place of WoW before, so it can really just be your preference for what your team needs. Both physical attacks hit really hard with that attack stat, even if the base power isn't great. I wouldn't bother with Pain Split. If you're worried about Blissey, Knock Off is still a solid option for that. Sucker Punch is alright, but if the opponent is fearing a priority Destiny Bond, they may not use an attacking move (all depends on the situation of course), so that's why I've had more success with Shadow Sneak, even if it is a little weaker.

Nice, do you use your Banette with what nature?

Prakhar

A few edits from my suggestions:

Sucker Punch is awesome, seeing it's low Speed. Destiny Bond is an awesome kamikaze which I plan to use on my Sharpedo gimmick. But with Prankster, man, MegaDactyl is gone, no matter how fast it is. Shadow Claw is sadly your best STAB, wish there were more options... As I said, imagine if he was Ghost/Fairy and got access to Play Rough? He'd certainly be OU.

I see what you're doing with the scarf, but if you like to switch out in case, then I recommend Draco Meteor. Solid 130 BP STAB, which reduces Sp.Atk, but you switch in. You might get rid of Dragon Pulse. Earth Power can be replaced with a ton of better selections: Surf, Flamethrower, Heat Wave and Flash Cannon. But Earth Power is still a decent option to get rid of Poisons and Steels and Heatrans or other Fires.

Forretress is awesome enough, but if MegaDactyl is that common, then I'd keep Gyro Ball. Rapid Spin is a need as Arcanine is weak to rocks. Not much comment, it's good as it is.

Arcanine has a solid moveset, but, as I said, Thunder Fang is a nice choice to use if you meet waters and you have not much to do except Close Combat and lose defenses. ExtremeSpeed is necessary to outspeed a lot of opponents and CC has a solid 120 BP which comes handy. But you could always easily switch into Toxicroak to embarrass your opponent.

Toxicroak is actually a counter and check? Sorry, I didn't read that before. Be careful with its defenses and Fires although you could switch into Arcanine and be careful with the setups. I've used him once in Gen 5 and he's pretty frail. What's a CroCune again? I'm new as I said.

Suicune, I have no comment. You are set to go, although Surf could hit reliably with good damage but no burns and Hydro Pump with shaky accuracy, yet a 110 BP with no burns, or Scald with poor power, reliable accuracy and burning! I recommend Scald as it burns cause your opponent to see more of Suicune's bulk.

Yes, i am thinking of replacing Earth Power, since heatran is not allowed in UU, and the only thing it hits are nidos which now that i'll use draco, get OHKO'ed. I just use scald on my suicune becuase of the burn chance on blisseys, it annoys them! Crocune is a suicune with max HP and Def with Calm Mind, Rest, Sleep Talk and Scald, since the only attacking move is scald and toxicroak is immune to it, it becomes a good counter.

Just wanted to point out that since you play on Showdown you may as well set the attack IV of special pokémon to 0 (like Suicune's) since that way you will take less damage while confused (confusion damage is based on your attack and is a typeless move). And yes, Hydreigon is UU somehow, probably because of it's x4 weakness to fairy while not being able to do much (Flash Cannon won't hit too hard since most of them are special defensive and Hydreigon has no STAB on Flash Cannon), U-Turn is good but it won't do too much damage with a modest nature.

Forretress learns Volt Switch as TM 72.

Arcanine learns Wild Charge too for eletric coverage.

Showdown doesn't have item clause so it's fine to have two pokémon with Life Orb... Poison Point isn't so good on Toxicroak, it's rather frail plus regular poison isn't so good since it only does cheap damage without a good side effect like reducing your enemy's attack or speed.

EDIT: Two Draco Meteor does more damage than two Dragon Pulse considering the special attack drop.

I'll be replacing dragon pulse for draco meteor for sure now! And u-turn is just for getting mobility and getting a somewhat weak volt-turn combo with forretress. I know about wild charge but i just....its too much recoil, so i use morning sun and a flash fire boosted flare blitz hits harder that close combat, which 2hko'es everything.

The problem, blissey doesnt care about knock off, it just removes it lefties! But still, i'll use it to take out darmitan's scarfs on the switch, and arcanines e-speed does the job of revenge killing better than shadow sneak.
P.S. I also have another UU team (also pretty good) which has another RU mega, houndoom.

EKZ1505

Ho-oh: I use adamant on mine

The problem, blissey doesnt care about knock off, it just removes it lefties! But still, i'll use it to take out darmitan's scarfs on the switch, and arcanines e-speed does the job of revenge killing better than shadow sneak.
P.S. I also have another UU team (also pretty good) which has another RU mega, houndoom.

It's still your best option. Pain split just isn't that useful otherwise (if you're still even considering it). M-Banette isn't a wall; it really just causes trouble with its priority moves. Sure, knock off won't OHKO, but M-Banette isn't supposed to be a sweeper. Use Knock Off so it's easier on your team to take it down, and switch out. Pain split doesn't help you at all if it has softboiled or wish. You're going to need to switch out anyway.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Ho-oh: I use adamant on mine

It's still your best option. Pain split just isn't that useful otherwise (if you're still even considering it). M-Banette isn't a wall; it really just causes trouble with its priority moves. Sure, knock off won't OHKO, but M-Banette isn't supposed to be a sweeper. Use Knock Off so it's easier on your team to take it down, and switch out. Pain split doesn't help you at all if it has softboiled or wish. You're going to need to switch out anyway.

Haha, yes, I tried to use mega Banette defensively once, didn't work so well.

kitedo

I say make toxiroak EV in HP and attack instead of attack and speed. Fake out, sucker punch and bullet punch gives it great priority that ignores speed.

Hydreggion being 4x weak to fairy is what got him to UU indeed, and flash cannon won't OHKO most fairies, but you can run the physical set, it's like 10 base attack less than its special attack counterpart and most people expect the special attacking set.

I say replace flare blitz with flame charge, make it max HP and take the EV out of speed. With one flame charge, you'll be slightly slower than hawlucha.

Everything else looks pretty decent. Good luck

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
I say make toxiroak EV in HP and attack instead of attack and speed. Fake out, sucker punch and bullet punch gives it great priority that ignores speed.

Hydreggion being 4x weak to fairy is what got him to UU indeed, and flash cannon won't OHKO most fairies, but you can run the physical set, it's like 10 base attack less than its special attack counterpart and most people expect the special attacking set.

I say replace flare blitz with flame charge, make it max HP and take the EV out of speed. With one flame charge, you'll be slightly slower than hawlucha.

Everything else looks pretty decent. Good luck

If you are going to use a totally physical Hydreigon you might as well use Zweilous since it's Outrage is stronger than Rayquaza's, thanks to Hustle... Or just any other dragon since most dragons can be physical, but hey, nobody will be expecting a totally physical Hydreigon.

kitedo

Pretty much just for the surprise factor. You can always opt in draco meteor in a physical build too once they realize it's physical and they try to wall you.

KillerDraco

you might as well use Zweilous since it's Outrage is stronger than Rayquaza's, thanks to Hustle...

No, no, and no. Do not ever suggest this for any serious team, ever, not even as a point of comparison. Zweilous is utter garbage that was massively overhyped due to Hustle Outrage. It may have power but it literally lacks everything else. Its speed tier is abysmal, its bulk is terrible (worse than Infernape!), and its low special attack rules out any possibility of a mixed set. Plus, Hustle is a double edged sword due to the fact that it compromises accuracy. You can't just say "It has power!" and think it makes a better option.

Physical Hydreigon at least has some surprise value but is still outclassed by mixed and special sets due to letting that solid special attack go to waste. Its mixed set is the hardest to wall as well, given it can bust through special and physical walls alike. That said, a Scarf Hydreigon works reasonably well too, since it's easily the best special attacking dragon in UU with the Lati-twins locked away in OU.

Last edited:

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
No, no, and no. Do not ever suggest this for any serious team, ever, not even as a point of comparison. Zweilous is utter garbage that was massively overhyped due to Hustle Outrage. It may have power but it literally lacks everything else. Its speed tier is abysmal, its bulk is terrible (worse than Infernape!), and its low special attack rules out any possibility of a mixed set. Plus, Hustle is a double edged sword due to the fact that it compromises accuracy. You can't just say "It has power!" and think it makes a better option.

Physical Hydreigon at least has some surprise value but is still outclassed by mixed and special sets due to letting that solid special attack go to waste. Its mixed set is the hardest to wall as well, given it can bust through special and physical walls alike. That said, a Scarf Hydreigon works reasonably well too, since it's easily the best special attacking dragon in UU with the Lati-twins locked away in OU.

Just use Tailwind and watch Zweilous destroy... itself as it miss Outrage thanks to Hustle.
Okay sorry joking has a limit, back to being serious.
The best Hydreigon set is indeed the mixed one with Superpower as it eats Blissey easily by picking on its pitiful def with a super effective hit. It also learns Roost if you don't want to run Scarf. If you go mixed a DEF- nature might be betteer so Download Pokémon will get an ATK bonus instead.

Prakhar

Just use Tailwind and watch Zweilous destroy... itself as it miss Outrage thanks to Hustle.
Okay sorry joking has a limit, back to being serious.
The best Hydreigon set is indeed the mixed one with Superpower as it eats Blissey easily by picking on its pitiful def with a super effective hit. It also learns Roost if you don't want to run Scarf. If you go mixed a DEF- nature might be betteer so Download Pokémon will get an ATK bonus instead.

So, i'll have to replace earth power with superpower and dragon pulse with draco meteor!

Now, i'll finally start breeding this team after i EV train my boxful of pokemon!

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
So, i'll have to replace earth power with superpower and dragon pulse with draco meteor!

Now, i'll finally start breeding this team after i EV train my boxful of pokemon!

Nice, glad you liked all the suggestions, have fun breeding! Hope a shiny will show up for you.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Assuming you're using this team on Showdown, you have a ton of unnecessary Special Defense EVs. Remember that Speed is written as Spe.

Remember that Hydreigon gets Focus Blast and Fire Blast, which are very useful for coverage. **** flash cannon

Also volt switch is nice and all but consider running Pain Split for recovery.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Assuming you're using this team on Showdown, you have a ton of unnecessary Special Defense EVs. Remember that Speed is written as Spe.

Remember that Hydreigon gets Focus Blast and Fire Blast, which are very useful for coverage. **** flash cannon

Also volt switch is nice and all but consider running Pain Split for recovery.

Focus Blast is nice and all but don't forget its lame accuracy and the fact Super Power hits Chansey much harder.