• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My White 2 Team

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Hola to all, and that's all the Spanish I know...
Anyways, let's get to the point. I have played through White 2 a few times, and wanted to restart it for the fifth time. I want a challenge, so I'm going to do a Normal type monotype team. So, here's what I'm thinking about.
Note: I don't use EVs, IVs, and for the most part DW moves, abilities, or egg moves that I don't already have or are available ingame (with some exceptions; so just don't post them).

EDIT: Well, we're getting down to the final decisions, so if you see anything with a question mark next to it, that means I would really appreciate any input you might have, and most of my moves are set, so please don't suggest something unless it is a really bad move to have on x Pokémon.

Normal Monotype Team
:573: Cinncino @ Wide Lens
Skill Link
Adamant, Naughty, Lonely or Neutral
~Tail Slap
~Bullet Seed
~Rock Blast
~Wake-Up Slap

;352; Keckleon @ Life Orb/Muscle Band
Color Change
Hardy
~Strength
~Ice Punch
~Hone Claws
~Aqua Tail

;468; Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Modest, Timid, or Neutral
~Air Slash
~Shadow Ball
~Aura Sphere
~Hyper Voice

;133; Eevee @ Evoilite
Adaptability
Jolly, Adamant, or Neutral
~Double Edge
~Work Up
~Wish
~Bite

:586: Sawsbuck @ Big Root?
Sap Sipper
Adamant, Jolly, or Neutral
~Horn Leech
~Jump Kick
~Double Edge
~Faint Attack

;203; Girafarig @ Wise Glasses
Inner Focus
Timid, Modest, or Neutral
~Psychic
~Signal Beam
~Thunder Wave/Shadow Ball/Thunder Bolt/Energy Ball
~Thunder Wave/Shadow Ball/Thunder Bolt/Energy Ball
Note: I will be substituting the last moves based on what's most needed at the time.

Last edited:

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
Use skill link if you are going to use so many multi hit moves on cinncino.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Use skill link if you are going to use so many multi hit moves on cinncino.

Okay, thanks I will. I was just considering Technician because if I use Wake-Up Slap as a filler, then it would get a power boost along with the multi-hit moves.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Go with Skill Link on Minccino as the above poster said, and Wake Up Slap > Dig.

You could give Togekiss a Kings Rock and run Body Slam > Hyper Voice to further increase the chances of you paralysing or flinching your opponent. Shadow Ball > Psychic as Ghost pairs up well with Fighting; you could even run Flamethrower for added support.

Definitely use a Sap Sipper Sawsbuck rather than a Serene Grace Sawsbuck because immunities are always great. Go with Double Edge > Return as you can just heal the recoil off with Horn Leech, and I'd go with Swords Dance as your last move to make sure your moves are more powerful.

Give Girafarig the Wise Glasses item; without Calm Mind, it'll definitely need Wise Glasses to do sufficient damage. I'd personally go with a set of Psychic / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Thunderwave on Girafarig, with Thunderwave adding useful support to your team as your team isn't that fast.

Hope this helps.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Go with Skill Link on Minccino as the above poster said, and Wake Up Slap > Dig.

You could give Togekiss a Kings Rock and run Body Slam > Hyper Voice to further increase the chances of you paralysing or flinching your opponent. Shadow Ball > Psychic as Ghost pairs up well with Fighting; you could even run Flamethrower for added support.

Definitely use a Sap Sipper Sawsbuck rather than a Serene Grace Sawsbuck because immunities are always great. Go with Double Edge > Return as you can just heal the recoil off with Horn Leech, and I'd go with Swords Dance as your last move to make sure your moves are more powerful.

Give Girafarig the Wise Glasses item; without Calm Mind, it'll definitely need Wise Glasses to do sufficient damage. I'd personally go with a set of Psychic / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Thunderwave on Girafarig, with Thunderwave adding useful support to your team as your team isn't that fast.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips, I'll certainly use them, although Togekiss will be special- based and it's hard to get King's Rocks. And I wanted to keep Signal Beam, but for the last two spots, I'll cycle Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Thunder Wave since they're all TMs. As far as Sawsbuck goes, I'll use Double Edge, but in a previous run-through, I used Sawsbuck without Swords Dance, and it was my main attacker who did plenty of damage.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
for Eevee, I think you'll do better with a Curse set.

Eevee @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
~Curse
~Return
~Bite
~Iron Tail

for Kecleon

Kecleon
Adamant/Careful Nature
~Return
~Aqua Tail
~Shadow Sneak/Drain Punch
~Hone Claws

Water + Normal has decent coverage, Shadow Sneak for priority or Drain Punch for more coverage + recovery, and last, Hone Claws to boost Attack for all its moves as well as accuracy for Aqua Tail

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
for Eevee, I think you'll do better with a Curse set.

Eevee @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
~Curse
~Return
~Bite
~Iron Tail

for Kecleon

Kecleon
Adamant/Careful Nature
~Return
~Aqua Tail
~Shadow Sneak/Drain Punch
~Hone Claws

Water + Normal has decent coverage, Shadow Sneak for priority or Drain Punch for more coverage + recovery, and last, Hone Claws to boost Attack for all its moves as well as accuracy for Aqua Tail

Thanks Shine, although Curse is an Egg Move that I don't have access to -_-, and I am not a big fan of moves that are based off friendship, remaining HP, etc, so I'll probably do something like

Eevee @ Eviolite
~Double Edge
~Work Up
~Iron Tail/Bite
~Wish/ Heal Bell

And for Keckleon, the same thing as Eevee, as far as Return goes. Also, do you have any item suggestions, other than Muscle Band?

Keckleon
~Strength
~Hone Claws
~Drain Punch/Ice-Fire-Thunder Punch/Shadow Claw/Aqua Tail
~Faint Attack/ Aerial Ace

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
and I am not a big fan of moves that are based off friendship

Unless you keep feeding them bitter medicine or keep making them fainted, eventually the friendship with your Pokemon will be maxed.
Assuming you never make them fainted and never feed them bitter medicine, by the time you reach the 5th or 6th Gym their happiness should be maxed already.
And at that time Return will have 102 base power.

Double-Edge is okay, especially with its 120 base power, but do remember it has recoil. So I suggest Wish for your Eevee's last move.

Also, do you have any item suggestions, other than Muscle Band?

no, sorry.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
If you can get a Life Orb, that would be best for it.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Unless you keep feeding them bitter medicine or keep making them fainted, eventually the friendship with your Pokemon will be maxed.
Assuming you never make them fainted and never feed them bitter medicine, by the time you reach the 5th or 6th Gym their happiness should be maxed already.
And at that time Return will have 102 base power.

I guess I should've explained this better the first time, sorry -_- The thing is, I prefer to use Revival Herbs, and I tend to be underleveled (mainy because I'm too lazy to go and fight 3-4 Audinos) so I find myself to be using them a lot.

Double-Edge is okay, especially with its 120 base power, but do remember it has recoil. So I suggest Wish for your Eevee's last move.

Thanks, I'll be sure to use Wish!

no, sorry.

I'm sorry if I was getting on your nerves with all the disagreeing to your suggestions.

If you can get a Life Orb, that would be best for it.

I can probably get one, thanks azeem!