• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my White 2 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Breloom Lvl-97
Technician
Adamant

Moves-
Stone Edge
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Toxic

Stats-
HP-307
Att-334
Def-176
SPA-121
SPD-147
Speed-168

Reuniclus Lvl-89
Magic Guard
Bashful

Moves-
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Trick Room

Stats-
Hp-329
Att-157
Def-166
Spa-259
Spd-183
Speed-105

Thundurus (Therian) Lvl-100
Volt Absorb
Mild

Moves-
Focus Blast
Dark Pulse
Fly
Thunderbolt

Stats-
Hp-324
Att-270
Def-173
Spa-337
Spd-177
Speed-242

Gliscor Lvl 80
Hyper Cutter
Rash

Moves-
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Stats-
Hp-223
Att-181
Def-227
Spa-103
Spd-124
Speed-172

Lucario Lvl-100
Inner Focus
Rash

Moves-
Aura Sphere
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

Stats-
Hp-297
Att-280
Def-166
Spa-301
Spd-138
Speed-207

Samurott Lvl-90
Torrent
Modest

Moves-
Ice Beam
Surf
Megahorn
Grass Knot

Stats-
Hp-305
Att-210
Def-190
Spa-246
Spd-158
Speed-164

Should I do anything with Moves or anything? Recommendations Please!

! Q

I do what I want!
*facepalm* Sorry but that Breloom is just awful... You have two wonderful abilities and you're not abusing ether one of them. Try these.
(Stats in parentheses indicate stats with 252 EVs)

Technician
Adamant
(Atk, Speed)
Moves:
~Stone Edge, good weakness coverage but beware the accuracy
~Seed Bomb
~Mach Punch, STAB and Technician make it a 90 BP priority move
~Toxic

Technician
Jolly
(Atk, Speed)
Moves:
~Stone Edge
~Seed Bomb
~Low Kick, STAB and Technician make it a 135 BP non-risk move
~Toxic

Poison Heal
Jolly
Toxic Orb
(Atk, Speed)
Moves:
~Stone Edge
~Toxic, combine with Protect for some stalling
~Drain Punch, added healing and STAB
~Protect, use first to make sure you get poisoned and use every other turn to stall out a bit with Toxic

May add more for the others latter but for now I'ma go eat supper.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
*facepalm* Sorry but that Breloom is just awful... You have two wonderful abilities and you're not abusing ether one of them. Try these.
(Stats in parentheses indicate stats with 252 EVs)

Technician
Adamant
(Atk, Speed)
Moves:
~Stone Edge, good weakness coverage but beware the accuracy
~Seed Bomb
~Mach Punch, STAB and Technician make it a 90 BP priority move
~Toxic

Technician
Jolly
(Atk, Speed)
Moves:
~Stone Edge
~Seed Bomb
~Low Kick, STAB and Technician make it a 135 BP non-risk move
~Toxic

Poison Heal
Jolly
Toxic Orb
(Atk, Speed)
Moves:
~Stone Edge
~Toxic, combine with Protect for some stalling
~Drain Punch, added healing and STAB
~Protect, use first to make sure you get poisoned and use every other turn to stall out a bit with Toxic

May add more for the others latter but for now I'ma go eat supper.

Thanks for helping :) I am new to the Competitive stuff so I was trying. I will probably use the First one with Mach Punch. That way I don't have to breed a new one and train another Breloom to 100...Hard work :/

! Q

I do what I want!
Oh I'm not done yet. Sorry, but Gliscor isn't exactly known for his great SpAtk (Base 45). In fact, your Gliscor has no Sp Attacks at all. Rash nature is completely useless and even counter productive because the SpDef drop is unnecessary. Plus, status lowering stuff is rare in competition, so Hyper Cutter isn't all that great. And X-Scissor... why?

Have a go at this standard use Gliscor.

Poisson Heal
Jolly
Toxic Orb
(Atk, Speed)
Moves:
~Stone Edge, "Quake Edge" combo provides great coverage
~Earthquake, "Quake Edge"
~Rock Polish/Swords Dance
~Protect, makes sure you get poisoned

If you wanna get mean with a sand team, try this Gliscor (but Landorus may work better)

Sand Veil
Jolly
Flying Gem
(Atk, Speed)
Moves:
~Acrobatics, STAB + Flying Gem + Not holding an item = 247.5 BP ON FIRST USE! ...then... STAB + Not holding and item = 165 BP for every use after that
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Rock Polish/Swords Dance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of them team looks ok at a glance I guess. But change a few natures.

Reuniclus
Quiet, boost SpAtk and lowers Speed, making him even deadlier in a Trick Room

Lucario
Timid, as it has no physical attacks the SpDef drop is unnecessary and Lucario could use the extra Speed

Gotta go. Maybe more tomorrow.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Just an FYI, listing their stats like that is useless information. It doesn't tell anyone anything meaningful, due to the fact that you'd need to know EVs and IVs to get any useful information from the stats... in which case it's usually easier to just list the EVs and IVs, period.

I'm surprised that neither of you thought to use Spore on Breloom. If you're using Breloom, you should ALWAYS use Spore. It's such a rare move, and such an absurdly powerful one; there is no reason not to use a 100% accurate sleep inducer. Forget Toxic, Spore should always be your status effect of choice. In addition, thanks to Technician, Breloom takes great advantage of Bullet Seed, which, even at its weakest, is only marginally weaker than Seed Bomb with Technician factored in. Try something along the lines of...

Breloom
Adamant/Jolly Nature
Technician
-Spore
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Swords Dance/Stone Edge

The final move depends on if you'd prefer more coverage, or the ability to boost (since Spore almost guarantees you'll get an SD off).

I find Rock Polish to be less useful on Gliscor than Swords Dance; speed boosting is better suited to things with high immediate power. Though Gliscor does benefit from the speed, it tends to lack the appropriate power to fully utilize it. It's just really outclassed by Landorus-T in that respect, who has the immediate power to better utilize Rock Polish.

On that same note, Thundurus-T takes great advantage of Agility due to a titanic special attack. Try something along the lines of...

Thundurus-T
Modest Nature
Volt Absorb
-Agility
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-HP Ice/Grass Knot

I should also note that although Reuniclus takes fantastic advantage of Trick Room, much of your team actually suffers under its effects. Lucario, Thundurus-T, and Gliscor all suffer from Trick Room due to their respectable speeds. Calm Mind is an alternative if Trick Room starts to become a detriment to your other Pokemon (usually Trick Room has dedicated teams built around it, due to the fact that it can backfire).

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Thanks for your suggestions! @KillerDraco- That Breloom moveset looks great! And also I have no Idea how to get Ivs or Evs or whatever they are...And the Thundurus looks great also.

@! Q- I think I will teach my Gliscor Acrobatics, but I won't go and grab a new Gliscor just for Competitive I mean I have trained my Gliscor since he was a level 1 Gligar, and e is now around Level 100 too much training :/

Status
Not open for further replies.