• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my X Team?

Soberheartless

So, in Gen V I played in-game similar to Ash in Best Wishes, having a multitude of Pokémon and rotating them around.

However, in Gen VI i decided that I would only train 6, and that no types would repeat. Also I chose everything based solely on looks, didn't know that some would turn out to be really good for metagame :D This is what they are:
*When I play on Smogon, some things are changed around, and those are in { }

Chesnaught (Overgrow) - Miracle Seed {Life Orb}
Spiky Shield
Hammer Arm
Seed Bomb
Bulk Up

Talonflame (Flame Body) - King's Rock {Muscle Band}
Fly
Flare Blitz
Roost
Steel Wing

Blastoise (Torrent) - Blastoisinite
Dark Pulse
Water Pulse
Protect
Ice Beam

Aegislash (Stance Change) - Quick Claw
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
Iron Head
Sacred Sword

Tyrantrum (Strong Jaw) - Rocky Helmet
Dragon Claw
Stealth Rock
Crunch
Head Smash

Mamoswine (Oblivious) - Leftovers
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Rock Smash {Ice Shard}

What do you think? I've tried my luck in some of the online battles, and I have a good amount of wins under my belt. But that's for Free mode, and I surprise myself when I can take down those Mewtwos and Zygardes Would this be good for Rating Battles? Any changes or suggestions?

On Smogon I do pretty damn well if I do say so myself btw

Gampi

ガンピ
Natures? EVs?

Regardless, Wood Hammer works as a nice alternative for Seed Bomb, although the large damage output comes with the cost of recoil. I'd suggest swapping Tyrantrum's Rocky Helmet for Chesnaught's Life Orb.
For Talonflame, I suggest running Brave Bird over Fly. Also consider Gale Wings instead of Flame Body.
You might want to consider Shadow Claw instead of Shadow Sneak, and also a Brave nature with a 0IV in Speed, just in case of opposing Aegislash.
Thick Fat is a better ability for Mamoswine, since infatuation is a seldom used status condition, also Ice Shard > Rock Smash and Icicle Crash > Ice Fang.

Sorry if my suggestions are terrible, I'm still pretty new to team building and whatnot.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
I would go with Aura Sphere>Protect on Balstoise and Earthquake>Stealth Rock and Rock Slide/Stone Edge>Head Smash for Tyrantrum.

chap196

For Aegislash
You really need King's Shield on Aegislash as it could easily faint in the next turn after it attacks without King's Shield. I would replace Iron Head with it even if Iron Head STAB, Sacred Sword + Shadow Sneak can attack at least neutral damage to every Pokemon. Also Quick Claw is bad, there are too luck based, I would use Leftover, Lum Berry or Weakness Policy instead.

Hope this help

Sohryu

Be a Man!
For Aegislash
You really need King's Shield on Aegislash as it could easily faint in the next turn after it attacks without King's Shield. I would replace Iron Head with it even if Iron Head STAB, Sacred Sword + Shadow Sneak can attack at least neutral damage to every Pokemon. Also Quick Claw is bad, there are too luck based, I would use Leftover, Lum Berry or Weakness Policy instead.

Hope this help

Leftovers would work better in conjuction with Kings Shield. Like, a free turn to recover! I also liked SD and KS together, as it makes the whole setting up process really easy.

Anyway, if you're going for Strong Jaw Tyrantrum... Please, use its ability. Strong Jaw gives a free STAB to its moves. The only move which is using it, is Crunch. You could throw Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Claw and Poison Fang. It gives you, now, neutral coverage. You'll not be walled by pesky Fairy-types, and I know those thiongs are devilish. Dragon Claw is your STAB, and Earthquake... It's obvious why it's here; Steel-types which resist both your STAB and takes no damage of Poison Fang. Skarmory and 'Zong? No worries, Crunch deals neutral damage to both. You could opt and go with Stone Edge instead of Poison Fang, as it'll not be hindering him in any way. It also has synergy with 'Quake. Your choice!
Otherwise, you could try to go with Rock Head instead, as it's a great ability, even better than Strong Jaw, in my opinion which is something.

Well... Good luck and all the best!

Last edited:

chap196

]

Leftovers would work better in conjuction with Kings Shield. Like, a free turn to recover! I also liked SD and KS together, as it makes the whole setting up process really easy.

Anyway, if you're going for Strong Jaw Tyrantrum... Please, use its ability. Strong Jaw gives a free STAB to its moves. The only move which is using it, is Crunch. You could throw Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Claw and Poison Fang. It gives you, now, neutral coverage. You'll not be walled by pesky Fairy-types, and I know those thiongs are devilish. Dragon Claw is your STAB, and Earthquake... It's obvious why it's here; Steel-type/s which resist both your STAB and takes no damage of Poison Fang. Skarmory and 'Zong? No worries, Crunch deals neutral damage to both. You could opt and go with Stone Edge instead of Poison Fang, as it'll not be hindering him in any way. It also has synergy with 'Quake. Your choice!
Otherwise, you could try to go with Rock Head instead, as it's a great ability, even better than Strong Jaw, in my opinion which is something.

Well... Good luck and all the best!

Yeah, Rock Head is better than Strong Jaw, it allows it to use Head Smash with no recoil which makes Rock Head really useful (Also Rock Head + STAB + Held Item will deal devastating damage), however Rock Head Tyrantrum is not available yet because there are no Tyrantrum in the Friend Safari.

Now for more suggestion:
For Tyrantrum
I wouldn't hold Rocky Helmet for it since it isn't that useful, I would use Life Orb or Choice Band to increase its attack damage.

I would use this moveset for Talonflame
Talonflame
Item: Choice Band/ Life Orb/ Leftover
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 HP or Speed/ 4 Speed or HP or 252 Attack/ 124 HP/ 132 Speed
Moveset
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Steel Wing/ Sword Dance/ Bulk Up
U-Turn/ Roost

Brave Bird is Talonflame's strongest STAB and also gets a Speed Priority thanks to Gale Wings. Flare Blitz is another STAB for Talonflame which can cover Steel, although you need to be aware that Flare Blitz doesn't get priority from Gale Wings. Steel Wing can cover Rock and you will only use it if you are playing Choice Band moveset. Sword Dance increases its attack by 2 stages, while Bulk Up increases both Attack and Defense by 1 stage, after a Bulk Up, Talonflame can survive some Physical hit. U-Turn can escape you from battle while Roost can heal you from the damage you did on your own Brave Bird and Flare Blitz. (although don't use Roost on a Choice Band moveset). The EVs depends on what you like. 252 HP allows it to use more Brave Bird and Flare Blitz, while 252 Speed can let it outspeed more Pokemon if it uses other move that are not Brave Bird or Roost, also it nearly guarantees you to win in a Talonflame vs Talonflame battles. Splitting Speed and HP in half allows you to outspeed a bit more Pokemon and also can use a bit more Brave Bird, so it is your choice.

Hope this help

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Yeah, Rock Head is better than Strong Jaw, it allows it to use Head Smash with no recoil which makes Rock Head really useful (Also Rock Head + STAB + Held Item will deal devastating damage), however Rock Head Tyrantrum is not available yet because there are no Tyrantrum in the Friend Safari.

Thanks for clarifying that, Chap! Didn't knew. Sorry OP!

Now for more suggestion:
For Tyrantrum
I wouldn't hold Rocky Helmet for it since it isn't that useful, I would use Life Orb or Choice Band to increase its attack damage.
Rocky Helmet is cool because... Not everyone is expecing to hit and get damaged. Fact is; it doesn't really help him. Plus, 6 weakness. Better sticking with Life Orb. Choice Band would be cool, too, but that goes from player to player. What you think about DD Tyrantrum, Chap? Would it work?

I would use this moveset for Talonflame
Talonflame
Item: Choice Band/ Life Orb/ Leftover
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 HP or Speed/ 4 Speed or HP or 252 Attack/ 124 HP/ 132 Speed
Moveset
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Steel Wing/ Sword Dance/ Bulk Up
U-Turn/ Roost

Brave Bird is Talonflame's strongest STAB and also gets a Speed Priority thanks to Gale Wings. Flare Blitz is another STAB for Talonflame which can cover Steel, although you need to be aware that Flare Blitz doesn't get priority from Gale Wings. Steel Wing can cover Rock and you will only use it if you are playing Choice Band moveset. Sword Dance increases its attack by 2 stages, while Bulk Up increases both Attack and Defense by 1 stage, after a Bulk Up, Talonflame can survive some Physical hit. U-Turn can escape you from battle while Roost can heal you from the damage you did on your own Brave Bird and Flare Blitz. (although don't use Roost on a Choice Band moveset). The EVs depends on what you like. 252 HP allows it to use more Brave Bird and Flare Blitz, while 252 Speed can let it outspeed more Pokemon if it uses other move that are not Brave Bird or Roost, also it nearly guarantees you to win in a Talonflame vs Talonflame battles. Splitting Speed and HP in half allows you to outspeed a bit more Pokemon and also can use a bit more Brave Bird, so it is your choice.

Hope this help

Eh, cool thing 'bout Talon' is both that speed and priority. The priority comes in mind against Prankster things or dangerous, faster pokemon. Though, considering its Speed (126), I really doubt much things would outspeed him... So, it's not like the lack in priority in its Fire STAB is a problem. And I didn't knew he learned SD... This makes him so boss! But I prefer your set which uses Roost. Maybe he should go for Leftovers as its item, I'm not sure though, as it does lacks in its defenses... Eh

I need to learn a lot of things regarding this gen, man...

chap196

Rocky Helmet is cool because... Not everyone is expecing to hit and get damaged. Fact is; it doesn't really help him. Plus, 6 weakness. Better sticking with Life Orb. Choice Band would be cool, too, but that goes from player to player. What you think about DD Tyrantrum, Chap? Would it work?

Eh, cool thing 'bout Talon' is both that speed and priority. The priority comes in mind against Prankster things or dangerous, faster pokemon. Though, considering its Speed (126), I really doubt much things would outspeed him... So, it's not like the lack in priority in its Fire STAB is a problem. And I didn't knew he learned SD... This makes him so boss! But I prefer your set which uses Roost. Maybe he should go for Leftovers as its item, I'm not sure though, as it does lacks in its defenses... Eh

I need to learn a lot of things regarding this gen, man...

I never knew Tyrantrum could run Dragon Dance lol. I think it will work a bit similar to DD Tyranitar, but Tyrantrum has even more Speed than Tyranitar. The only problem with Tyrantrum is that it has lol Special Defense, but you can still set DD up on a Physical Attacker.

Yeah, Talonflame will probably outspeed most Pokemon without Speed EVs, but the only problem is that if you don't give it Speed EVs, it will probably lose to a Talonflame vs Talonflame battle (I actually put 132 Speed EVs and 50% of the time I outspeed other Talonflame). Also Talonflame is really common as it can easily sweep your opponent team if your opponent team is full of Low Defense Pokemon. But without HP EVs, it can only Brave Bird less than 4 times and can easily die. Actually Talonflame's Defense and Special Defense are usually underestimated, but it actually survive Barabarcle's Razor Shell (it has 105 Base Attack which is above averages) after a Bulk Up and can survive Politoed's Scald during sun. Talonflame can also work well when Dual Screen is up. Also Talonflame might survive other Talonflame's Brave Bird too.